Inca Trail Availability – Permits 2019 – 2020
Official Inca Trail Availability – Check the Permits Online for 2019 – 2020 See the chart below for official information about availability of entrances to the Classic Inca Trail for the years 2019, 2020. Simply click or choose the month that you want to travel in and you will see the availability of spaces for each […]
Official Inca Trail Availability – Check the Permits Online for 2019 – 2020
As an alternative option to trek to Machu Picchu, or for those who are not able to attend all 4 days and 3 nights Inca Trail, Tour in Peru offers great option of the Short Inca Trail 2D/1N. The Short Inca Trail gives you posibility to trek the part of famous Inca Trail and reach Machu Picchu, find out more about Short Inca Trail and check the latest availability we have updated weekly.
The chart below shows information on the amount of available entrances to the Classic Inca Trail (4D/3N) for 2021 .
Click the month of your choice to see the number of available permits in real time:
* Fecha = Date * Disponibilidad = Availability
On the top part of our page, you can click on one of the Inca Trail or Machu Picchu tours to see the itineraries. It is also possible to personalize the itinerary to your liking.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for BOOKING 2019 – 2020
- Whether you are trekking the Inca Trail in 2019 – 2020, it is recommended to secure your spots as soon as possible (CHECK the OFFICIAL INCA TRAIL AVAILABILITY ABOVE) – there is no reason to wait! – BOOK NOW!
- The number of available spaces shown in this page is for both: for the CLASSIC INCA TRAIL which is done in 4 days and 3 nights and for the SHORT or FAST INCA TRAIL which is done in 2 days and 1 night ; please, confirm which of them are you interested when consulting or booking.
- We provide guaranteed Inca Trail departures every single day in 2019 and 2020 – as long as there are available spaces; so you can START THE TREK any date marked in GREEN (except during February when the Inca Trail is closed).
- The Inca Trail is CLOSED every year in FEBRUARY for maintenance, for allowing conservation projects, and too much rain; so this month is not available.
- Whether INCA TRAIL permits for your desired date are SOLD OUT, you can always pre-reserve for another date, for next year or simply consider other tours which get to MachuPicchu as well; these are: the tours of MachuPicchu by Train in 1 or 2 days or any of the alternative trails such as the Bike and Hike Inca Jungle Tour , the Tour of Salkantay MachuPicchu or most popular alternative trek the Short Inca Trail.
- Keep in mind that no matter which tour you choose, the grand tour of MachuPicchu in the end will be almost the same; what will vary is the previous part or how you will get there (this is through the Trails, by Train or through any of the alternative treks)
- The maximum number of available Inca Trail permits is 500. Support staff is included within the five hundred, meaning that only about 200 permits are allocated for tourists and about 300 for cooks, porters and guides each day.
- No travel agency or tour operator will be able to offer you a space for the Inca Trail, unless there are available spaces shown for the date you want to start the trek. Keep also in mind that if you find 90 spaces or less, it means that you have to book your Inca Trail as fast as you can since the remaining spaces can sell out within the following hours or even minutes.
- Also, it is important to know that NO matter how many clients cancel their Inca Trail reservations, NOBODY else can use these spaces as the system is designed to prevent some companies to book the spaces with made-up information in advance and then change it with that of their last-minute real clients.
We hope you find this information on the Inca Trail Availability useful and if so, start dreaming about your next adventure in 2019 and 2020!
If you are planning to travel during these months you can take as alternative trek to the 2 day Short Inca Trail. Permits for Short Inca Trail for the current season are available on:
You can check current availablity for those months below:
*** LAST UPDATE February 16th, 2019. 11:10:00 GMT-5 ***
To confirm we need you to send us all your personal information as well as a your deposit of US$200 per person and you are ready to go!!!
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu will be closed the month of February by disposition of the Ministry of Culture, because maintenance, upkeep and cleaning will be performed. The entrance to the Inca Trail will be re-enabled from March 1.
In this section you can check the availability of the trail provided by the Ministry of Culture. Here some information should take into account:
- The month of February is rainy season so the Ministry closes the Inca Trail.
- The availability we use is the same to any other agency, because this information is directly provided by the Ministry of Culture.
- The number of spaces is very variable. Agencies usually book up to 30 spaces, do not be surprised if in a moment the available spaces are sold out.
- The spaces shown are for either route be it Short Inca Trail 2 days or Classic Inca Trail 4 days.
- Availability is exclusively administered by the Ministry of Culture. Only they can manage and authorize access to the Inca Trail.
- The Inca Trail is enabled only for 500 spaces per day, which includes staff spaces.
TOP MACHUPICCHU TREKS THAT INCLUDES AND GET MACHUPICCHU: and what we would recommend to do instead of Classic Inca Trail.
Because the best Inca Trail Operator is an Alternative best operator as well.
- SALKANTAY TREK & MACHU PICCHU 4 DAYS & 5 DAYS
- LARES TREK & MACHU PICCHU 4 DAYS
- INCA JUNGLE TRAIL 4 DAYS
- CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU TREK 5 DAYS
- AUSANGATE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK & MACHU PICCHU 5 DAYS
- HUCHUY QOSQO TREK & MACHU PICCHU 3 DAYS
Quechuas Expeditions is Direct Operator of: (We leave even if you are a group of 02 people)
- MANU NATIONAL PARK (Reserved Zone and Cultural Zone)
- PUERTO MALDONADO TAMBOPATA NATURAL RESERVE Owned Peru Amazon Garden Lodge which is into the Tambopata Natural Reserve.