FIRST DAY: Cusco – Sacred Valley – Santa Maria – Huancacalle
We depart Cusco early in the morning and drive through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, enjoying incredible scenery and passing tranquil Andean farming villages on the way. After a brief rest in the town of Ollantaytambo, we continue on the road to the Malaga Pass (4310m.) and then down into the semi-tropical Vilcabamba valley. In the afternoon we arrive to the village of Huancacalle, the starting point of our amazing journey ahead. We camp for the night at a beautiful spot near Huancacalle.
SECOND DAY: Huancacalle – Nusta Hispana – Rosaspata – Inca Wasi
In the morning we visit the notable archaeological sites of Vitcos and Nusta Hispana (3050m.), built during the Incas’ flee from the Spanish conquistadors. From here we begin our climb toward the Azutina pass (3900m.), with exceptional views of the stony river valleys below. We continue down along an original and forgotten Inca trail to the small village of Pumachaca (3150m.), where trails linking Choquequirao, Espiritu Pampa, Vitcos, Nusta Hispana, and Machu Picchu converge. We camp for the night at the ruins of Inca Wasi.
THRID DAY: Inca Wasi – Mutuypata
Today we continue on the Inca stone path to the community of Racachaca (3650m.), situated in front of the Lazuna glacier (5470m.). Later we arrive to the picturesque area of Hatun Pampa. On this day we reach the highest point on the trek, the Yanacocha pass (4600m.). From this high mountain perch we have a spectacular view of the Vilcabamba range, including Salkantay peak (6264m.), Machu Picchu mountain (2430m), and Mojon peak (4500m). After, we descend into a humid forest area until we reach the glacial lagoon of Laccococha and then to Mutuypata (3000m), our camping place for the night.
FOURTH DAY: Mutuypata – Yanatile – Santa Teresa
We begin this day following the Sacsarayoc River through the vibrant Mutuypata valley. After a relaxing soak in the volcanic hot thermal springs, we continue down through the Yanatile valley where we can appreciate a more lush and sub-tropical vegetation. Our hike ends at the small village of Santa Teresa, where we camp for the night. B, L, D snacks.
FIFTH DAY: Santa Teresa – Hydroelectric Station – Aguas Calientes
On this day we have a short hike in the morning to the Urubamba River, where we cross a footbridge to the other side and to the hydroelectric dam. From here we take the train road by walking 2 and half hours to Aguas Calientes for a relaxing night in a comfortable hostel.
SIXTH DAY: Machu Picchu – Cusco
We take the early bus up to the stunning archeological complex of Machu Picchu for a tour of these mysterious remains. Then we have free time to explore on our own before taking the train back to Ollantaytambo and the bus back to cusco.
VILCABAMBA TREK INCLUDES:
– Private Tourist Transportation To Huancacalle and Extra 6 hours (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
– English – Spanish speaking guide for 3 days of the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English.
– Second Guide Over 08 people Group(Large Group Service)
– Thermarest air-inflate Confortable sleeping Mattress (While others agencies are using foam mat) Thats why many of them run away from us. Because they dont want their passengers to see the Quality of our Camping equipment)
– Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas Expeditions every month)
– Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months)
– Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
– Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
– Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
– Food service in the campsites (5 breakfast, 5 lunches, 5 dinners, 5 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
– Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
– Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – Kayla Doite) 4 season tent Aluminium poles Tents
– Transportation La Playa to Hydroelectrica Day 4th(For our Staff)
– Horseman and Horses.(To carry our camping equipment, food and 7 kilos of your personal stuff like: sleeping bag and mat as well as cothes) We Never overload our Horses(well Animal Welfare). And we will Provide you a Duffel bag(at The Breifing Time) for all your personal stuff to be carried by horses.
– Vilcabamba and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 6 days
– Insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
– Visit to Machu Picchu on the 3rd day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
– Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our porters as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment and all of them are limited to carry 20kg only)
– Return Tourist Expeditions train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Train time is at 6:20pm and this time will allow you to stay in machupicchu almost all day without rushing your Exploration. and if you upgrade to Vistadome the train will be at 3:48pm.
– Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
– First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
– Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Inca Trail)
– Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
– Pre trek Orientation – briefing A day before we do the Trek. (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
– Single Tents upon request with no extra cost.
– Water for Driking: we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time. Please, bring enough water for the 1st day.
– Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!)
– Accomodation Overnight in Aguas Calientes(Twin bed room with Private bathroom and shower) 01 Night
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things which are Included
– Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don’t have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.
– Quechuas Expeditions Detailed Page of Camping Equipment, Food and other imporntant things:
Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Quechuas Expeditions Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
VILCABAMBA TREK DOESNT INCLUDE: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
– Extra expenses
– Breakfast – Day 1
– Lunch and dinner – Day 6
– Not detailed meals
– Tips (optional)
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
ADDITIONAL THINGS AND UPGRADES:
– Extra Horse to Carry extra things/12kg- US$100
– Extra Horse To Ride /90kg-Weight Limit US$200 Day 1 & 2 and Includes an Horseman to control the horse.
– Upgrade to first class Vistadome Train US$60
– Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person.(Based on twin bed room)
– Huaynapicchu Mountain Entrance ticket US$20(2 hours round trip) based on availability and book in advance
– Extra Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person based on twin bed room with private bathroom (This is in case you need to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes town)
– Walking sticks: it can be rented from us. (02 poles US$20 for the entire trip)
– Sleeping bags: it can be rented from us.(US$30 for the entire trip)
– Sleeping liners: it can be bought from us.(US$15)
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
– Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
– Travel Insurance card is essential
– Sleeping bag (not included)
– hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
– Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
– Sun hat and gloves
– T-shirts / shirts
– Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
– Rain pants
– Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
– Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
– Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
– Water bottle.
– Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
– Toilet paper and wet wipes
– Personal medication
– Camera and films
– Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
– Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
– Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Quechuas Expeditions offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
Vilcabamba to Machupicchu 6/D 5/N – SHARED GROUP SERVICE (Small Group size)
Price based on Number of ppl departing that date. (Group size: Upon Request)
02 persons group / US$860 per person
03 persons group / US$840 per person
04 persons group / US$820 per person
05 persons group / US$800 per person
06-8 more persons group / US$780 per person
Vilcabamba to Machupicchu 6/D 5/N – and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as:
02 persons group / US$1400 per person
03 persons group / US$1300 per person
04 persons group / US$1200 per person
05 persons group / US$1100 per person
06-8 persons group / US$1000 per person
• Extra Horse to ride during the trek day 1-2-3
• 3 stars hotel in aguas calientes day 5
• North face 4 season tents
• Extra Entrance to Machupicchu to Climb Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
• Vistadome Train(First Class Train back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
• Private Van back to Cusco from Ollantaytambo
• Bus Down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
• Lunch in Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
• Sleeping bag / Silk Liner included.
• 02 walking poles per person / Rubber tips included.
• 01 Duffel Bags to carry all your sleeping bag, Self-inflating pad as well as your Clothes.(6 kilos allowance)
• Tour Guide to explore Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu all day. and of course we pay a little bit more to the porters and guide
• Note: Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters (HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT; we never overload our porters)(Click here to see a detailed page)
• Huaynapicchu Mountain. 1st Time: 7:00am-8:00am ( ) / 2nd Time: 10:00am-11:00am ( ) We recommend 2nd time after exploring Machupicchu city before crowds.
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
Spent five wonderful days hiking from Huaran to Patacancha. Our guide Renaldo was incredibly attentive and attuned to our needs. Together with our cook Fabian and Quechuas horsemen Lorenzo and... read more
Quechuas Expeditions hired an alcoholic to be our tour guide. He drank 750ml+ of liquor 3 out of 4 days, beginning at 10am. One of the days he drank fermented... read more
Great crew that laughed and worked amazingly together to make our trek special. We felt 100% supported by our guide, porters, and cook. The trek was challenging at times but... read more