4 Day Amazon Jungle Tour of Tambopata Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island
Tambopata Natural Area is one of the very few areas that contains lowland and foothill rainforests, but also connects to cloud forests at higher elevations.
few people were living in Tambopata’s most remote areas. Conservationists realized that the region could act as a major corridor between Manu National Park and Bolivia’s jungles. The area also harbored healthy populations of Tapirs, Jaguars and other felines, Giant Otters, Harpy Eagles, many types of Macaws, and other animals that had disappeared from other parts of Amazonia. (Click here to see a detailed page of our Lodge)
4 Days 4 Nights
4 Days Time
200 m.a.s.l - 3300 m.a.s.l
Rainforest & Willife
02 Min - 08 Max
4 Day Amazon Jungle Tour Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island Overview
STARTING POINT: Pick-up from Airport or Bus Terminal in Puerto Maldonado (If you stay in Puerto Maldonado. We will come and pick you up from the Hotel/Airbnb
ENDING POINT: Drop-off at Airport or Bus Terminal
DEPARTURE: Daily. If are a group of 02 persons we depart. We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here.
TOTAL DAYS: 4 days 3 Nights
TRANSPORTATION: Bus Transfer to in/out as well as Private Motorized Boat from the Port – Lodge – Port
ACCOMODATION: 3 Nights in a Jungle Bungalow
MEALS: 3 breakfast, 03 lunches, 3 Dinners, 2 tea times
TAMBOPATA NATURAL RESERVE: Entrance fee included
- Night 1: Cusco (Overnight Bus ride)- Puerto Maldonado
- Day 1: Puerto Madonado – Lodge – Jungle Trail Walk – Botanical Garden – Caiman Spotting
- Day 2: Sandoval lake hike (Oxbow Lake) – Picnic Lunch – Jungle Family – Night Trail Walk
- Day 3: Parrot Clay Lick – Relax – Zip Lining – Canopy – Kayak to the Monkey island
- Day 4: Breakfast & Transfer to Puerto Maldonado
Please, Avoid the Rushed/Pooled Big Groups of 30 to 40 Groups Size & Large Noisy Jungle Dorms. Because you Deserve the best service we will provide you a room of twin bed room/ Matrimonial room. 02ppl in one room with Private Bathroom and Shower
4 Day Amazon Jungle Tour Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island Highlights:
- Night 1: Wooden Jungle Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Night 2: Wooden Jungle Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Night 3: Wooden Jungle Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Daylight Jungle Trail Exploration & Our Botanical Garden known as (Chacra)
- Caiman Spotting (Safari Caiman) Madre de dios River
- Sandoval Lake (Oxbow Lake) Full Exploration (to see river Otters, Caimans, Turtles, Bats and many spieces of birds as well as lot of wildlife
- Green Parrot Clay Lick
- Family Jungle Experience to get involved and see how jungle people live in the peruvian amazon
- Zip Lining, Canopy & Kayak to the Monkey Island
- Night Jungle Trail Walk to search insects and snakes
Night 1: Cusco to Puerto Maldonado – Tambopata Natural Reserve
A Night Before we do the trip, We will come and pick you up from your Hotel and Take you where the Cusco Bus Terminal is. We will take Overnight Bus Cusco to Puerto Maldonado Between 8:30pm to 9:00pm and arrive to Puerto Maldonado at 6:30am
Day 1: Eco Tambopata Natural Reserve
On arrival of your bus to Puerto Maldonado, our guides or staff will meet you at the bus station and transfer you to our office to make a registration.
Your excess luggage will be stored safely in our office in Puerto Maldonado and then we will continue to the Capitania port. We take our motor boat along the Madre de Dios River for approximately – 40 minutes to Amazon Garden Lodge. A cool welcome drink awaits you.
The start of the adventure circuit is reached a tower and stairway that ascends to the treetops where a platform that marks the start of the zip-line almost 200mts long, the breathtaking views are only matched by the excitement of overcoming our fears and the adrenaline that courses through us as we leap off the platform supported by the high security harnesses that connect us to the zip- line cable to a platform 27mts high. The 75mts long of the log walkway, hanging 27m above the floor, leads off this platform, a risky balancing act, and takes us to the platform at the start of the second zip line, a 160m fly back to the tower and stairwell that descends to the forest floor. And then Return to the Amazon Garden Lodge
After a well-deserved lunch, we take the kayaks to the river, well protected with high quality life jackets, and accompanied by a motor boat that guarantees extra security; this level one activity is relaxing and accessible for all. Getting Monkey Island you will be
able appreciate a great diversity of monkeys such as the: capuchin, tamarines y squirrel monkeys we will put on a show of swinging through the treetops charging down the trunks of the large trees that form their home in order to accept food from your hand .
Return to Amazon Garden Lodge .Nocturnal activities are available this night we have the caiman spotting.
Day 2: Sandoval Lake
After a great breakfast, and distributed to each traveler lunch and snacks we’ll take the boat to get to the control of Tambopata National Reserve Zone, after 1 and half hour walking trhough the rainforest we are approaching to the famous Sandoval Lake. DIts way by immense ancient trees and entangled vines; we will be able to see multihued flower and fauna including: Giant Otters, birds, coloured butterflies, turtles, and variety of fish. We will spend few hours in canoe on this one of the most beautiful lakes in region. Return to Amazon Garden Lodge, dinner and rest.
Day 3: Native Family and Rustic Fishing.
we take to the majestic Madre de Dios River and set course downstream for an hour for the Native Community of Ese´Ejas, the largest Ese Eja community numbering about 200 families, of which we will be visiting two. The Project “Rescuing Cultural Values“, situated on Gamitana Island, is working with two families who will show us the culture of their ancestors, their language and customs, clothing and dances.
In our modern, civilized world we have all but forgotten the existence of ancestral cultures and traditions. An ancient indigenous tradition
like the Ese´Eja reveals to us the customs and way of life of indigenous peoples. They gift us with the opportunity to have a direct contact with a people of ancient warriors and hunters and to share their ancestral ways.and at 1.pm lunch.
By the afternoon we have time to do roustic fishing in Madre de Dios river, where with some luck we’ll have chance to catch some species like pictus cat fish, small mouth,armored cat fish and red eye piranha. Back to the lodge, dinner an rest.
Day 4: Parrots and Parakeet’s Clay Lick (Cachuela)– Puerto Maldonado
Parrots and parakeets need to eat rich clay that provides them with the salts and minerals necessary to metabolize and neutralize the toxins and acids of the flowers, fruits, and seeds upon which they feed. Early each day, therefore, they congregate at the salt licks, clay walls along the rivers and streams in the Madre de Dios region of the Amazon rainforest.
At about 7:00am we back to the lodge , have breakfast and return to Puerto Maldonado and Drop you off at the Bus Terminal arriving between 8:30 to 9:00am
Amazon Tambopata Jungle Includes:
- Pre departure tambopata jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
- Bus Transfer to in/out as well as Private Motorized Boat from The Port – Lodge – The Port
- Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
- Cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
- Overnights in lodges
- Night 1: Wooden Tropical Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Night 2: Wooden Tropical Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Night 3: Wooden Tropical Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Transportation by private bus from Puerto Maldonado/Airport to Port of Capitania/Puerto Maldonado Airport
- Transportation by private boat: Puerto Maldonado / Peru Amazon Garden Lodge / Puerto Maldonado
- Mineral water all the time
- Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tambopata Reserved zone (Lago Sandoval Lake)entrance fee
- Vegetarian option with no extra cost. (Send us you requirements please)
- Entrance to the Tambopata Ecological Reserve.
- First Aid Kit (Bring your personal Medication)
- Transfers / airport / Lodge / airport.
It Doesnt Include:
- International and Domestic Airfares. and aiport taxes
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
DISCOUNTS (to apply discounts. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD (Students must be below 25 years) : US$20. Please send us a a scanned copy of the student card at the time of booking.
- Under 17 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Under 12 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20 per person. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
4 Day Tambopata Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island(Prices for 2020, 2021 & 2022)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We wont Cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information as well as a Deposit of 30% and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Puerto Maldonado or Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$390
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): (Group Size: 04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$590
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Persons Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
What you need to bring on Tambopata Jungle Trip:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also by in cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntetic sleeping bag
- Copy of a valid passport/Peruvian Imigration card Copy as well.
- Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
- Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Trips that may also interest you
We are Inca Trail Operator
We are Local Tour Operator of the Inca Trail to Machupicchu, with no intermediaries or hidden prices; we have Local Guides experts and professionals.
Full Customer Support
From the moment we receive your message, we will assign you an expert travel specialist who will attend and customize every detail of your trip; we are Local Specialists
Tailor-Made Trips and tours, unique experiences for all our travelers; we design your next vacation in Peru to make it unique and unparalleled;
The best travel specialists
You will make your trip with local experts; we know the best routes and schedules in Peru; everything for unparalleled travel experiences
Our reputation at Tripadvisor
Thousands of travelers who know about the quality of our services are your guarantee of excellence and quality of tours. They recommend us
In all our tours, we are aware of the environment and the management of solid waste; we are responsible for our carbon footprint and respect for the flora and fauna