Short Inca Trail Hike – 2 Day Inca Trail Camping
Short Inca Trail Hike – 2 Day Inca Trail Camping
Short Inca Trail Hike – 2 Day Inca Trail (Top-Selling)
The 2 Day Inca Trail hike popularly known as the Short Inca Trail is the shorter version of the esteemed Classic Inca Trail of four days.
Short Inca Trail takes you through all the main attractions. Accompanied by an English speaking local tour guide, you will get a deeper insight into the Andean traditions and Peruvian history.
The 2 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is ideal alternative if you could not get your permit to hike the Classic Inca Trail trek.
Click to see real travellers’ Reviews for a Wonderful Memorable Lifetime experience!
2 Days 1 Night
3300 msnm - 2900 msnm
Trekking Nature & Culture
16 ppl Max
Short Inca Trail Hike – 2 Day Inca Trail Camping Overview
The 2 day Inca Trail, popularly known as Short Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu is one of the famous alternative treks to Machu Picchu. It takes you through some of the renowned Inca sites and will give you an insight into the Andean Traditions and Peruvian history.
The four day Classic Inca Trail is the most popular trail to Machu Picchu. However, due to its overgrowing demands and to maintain its authenticity, local authorities have introduced Inca Trail permits. These permits allow access to just 500 people a day. This number includes porters, guides, cooks and visitors.
Inca Trail permits are often sold out the moment they are released – 6 months before. Often last minute bookers are left with no choice and look for an alternative trek to make their visit to lost Inca a memorable one. We highly recommend hiking the 2 Day Inca Trail to get an overview of the Incas history and Andean traditions.
Short Inca Trail Hike:
Short Inca Trail is relatively an easier option. You won’t be hiking at high altitudes or camping in remote areas. Infact, the 2 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is often opted by families with small children.
The 12 kilometers (7.4 miles) trail to the lost Inca city takes you through three notable Inca sites – Chachabamba, Wiñay Wayna and Intipunku (Sungate). The route offers staggering views of the snow capped peaks of the Peruvian Andes. You will be hiking through different flora and fauna distinct to the region.
We are a local tour company. At Quechuas Expeditions we have a dedicated team of English speaking local tour guides for the Inca trail. They have hiked the trail over a hundred times. As locals, they have extensive knowledge about the traditions and history and are also trained in first aid.
Join us as a solo traveler, as couples or in small groups to retrace the footsteps of the Incas on this Short Inca Trail 2 Days trip to Machu Picchu.
Please note that although the trek is not as high as the Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, we highly recommend that you spend at least 2-3 days in Cusco acclimatizing to avoid altitude sickness.
The best time of the year to hike 2 Day Inca Trail is from March to November, during the dry season.
Short Inca Trail Camping Hike Summary:
- STARTING POINT: Pick-up from Cusco & Sacred Valley Hotel/Airbnb. From 4:30 am to 5:00 am
- ENDING POINT: Drop-off in Cusco at Hotel/Airbnb 10:30 pm
- DEPARTURE: Daily (Based on Availability). If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as a large group service). All our tours are 100% operated by Quechuas Expeditions
- HIKING DISTANCE: 17km /8miles
- PHYSICAL LEVEL: Level 2. Inca Trail Requires some physical preparation and we also recommend to Acclimatize 2 days before we begin the Inca trail
- MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 4,200 m / 12,000 ft
- TRANSPORTATION: Private Van/Bus to Ollantaytambo & Train to Km 104 as well as Train Back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco
- ACCOMMODATIONS: 1 Night in a Hotel in Aguas Calientes (Twin Bedroom, 3 Beds room, 4 Bed rooms. Upon Request
- MEALS: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- MACHU PICCHU: Inca Trail Permits & Machu Picchu entrance fee Included.
- Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Kilometer 104 (Chachabamba) – Winayhuayna – Sungate – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
2 Day Inca Trail Camping Highlights
- Hike the Original Inca Trail and Get to Machu Picchu by the Sungate
- Sleep in Comfort under the stars
- Enjoy the scenic views of Inca Trail Incan sites (Chachabamba, Wiñay Wayna)
- Make a small ritual for the Andean gods and learn about Incan religion
- Enjoy our friendly customer service and experienced top guides, chefs and Happy porters (Well-threat Porters)
- Eat delicious, freshly prepared Peruvian cuisine (Buffet Peruvian Style Food)
- Hike through the different types of landscapes and Sceneries, such as cloud forests, highlands, grassy hills, and Andean valleys
- Reach 4,200 meters (12,000 feet) in elevation along the Inca Trail Pass which is known as dead woman pass
- Explore Machu Picchu and the surrounding area with expert and knowledgeable tour top guides
- We can operate this trek on any day of your choice as long as we have a minimum of two trekkers. All departures are 100% GUARANTEED once your booking is confirmed.
- Allocations or Itinerary are subject to change depending on the time of booking and campsites provided by INC (institution that runs the Classic Inca Trail they allocate campsites for all Travel Companies) Because the 1st 250 spaces go to Wiñayhuayna Campsite which is 2 hours close to Machupicchu and the rest goes to Phuyupatamarca which is 5 hours walk to Machupicchu. So we recommend booking well in advance in order to get to Wiñayhuayna campsite.
Day 1: Cusco – Sacred Valley- Km.104 – Wiñay Wayna – Aguas Calientes
Your Short Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu begins with an early morning transfer from your hotel in Cusco. We will be driving you through the Sacred Valley of the Incas to Ollantaytambo. Here we will be boarding the Aguas Calientes bound train.
The 1.5 hours train ride to Km.104 which marks as the trailhead for Short Inca Trail, is a picturesque ride. The train snakes through highland villages and farmlands along the course of Urubamba river.
Km 104 is the name given to the trail head after its distance when traveling from Cusco to Machu Picchu. We will be arriving there by 10:00 AM. Your Short Inca Trail permit along with the original passport will be verified here by the local authorities.
We will begin the Short Inca Trail hike by crossing a small bridge with a short uphill hike to a lesser known yet a prominent Inca site, Chachabamba.
Chachabamba nestles at 2150 meters above sea level (7053 ft.). It is home to a stone altar which the Incas used to worship their supreme God, Inti (Sun) and Apus (Mountain Peaks). Using the sacred coca leaves they used to express their gratitude to mother nature and other entities.
Locals here continue the practice following the footsteps of their ancestors. Our local expert will be demonstrating the process during our visit here.
After touring Chachabamba, we will continue with the hike for roughly four hours up the hill to Wiñay Wayna. In Quechua Wiñay Wayna means forever young. The archaeological site is the most beautiful one on the trail.
Wiñay Wayna sits at 2650 meters (8694 ft) above sea level. The complex was built as an administrative center to Machu Picchu. It houses 20 urban areas, farming zones and ceremonial sites. The most prominent part of the complex is the 7 Window temple which was built in honor of the Rainbow.
Our local expert will be giving you an immersive tour here.
After the tour, we will be stopping at the campsite to unbox our lunch. The campsite is clean and well maintained. You can refill your water bottle here and also use the restrooms before we continue the 2 Day Inca Trail hike to our next stop, Intipunku (Sungate).
It takes an hour to reach Intipunku from Wiñay Wayna. This section of the trek will take us through lush tropical jungle. From the Sungate, you will get the first view of Machu Picchu citadel snuggled by Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu mountains.
Only those hiking the Inca Trail and Short Inca Trail enter the citadel through Sun gate. We will have a brief stop here so you can contemplate the view.
Once you have had your fill of the sight of Machu Picchu, we will be exiting the citadel and taking a bus down to Aguas Calientes town where we will be accommodating you in a hotel for the night.
Aguas Calientes, as the name suggests, is home to hot springs. You can spend the evening soaking in the natural thermal waters. It is the perfect way to relax your muscles after a full day tour. The town also has plenty of shops where you can possibly shop for souvenirs.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Early in the morning, we will be taking the touristic bus for a ride up the hill to Machu Picchu. Once again, your Machu Picchu tickets will be verified against your original passport.
As we enter the citadel, you will witness the golden rays of the rising sun beaming on the walls of Machu Picchu. We will begin the tour with a brief introduction to Inca civilization.
We will be visiting the main areas of the citadel like the main plaza, farming terraces and more. After the tour, if you have booked to climb Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu mountain, our tour guide will be directing you to the respective entrance.
Once you have enjoyed Machu Picchu, we will be taking the bus back down to Aguas Calientes. You will have some free time here so you can have lunch or explore the town.
Later in the evening, we will be boarding the train back to Ollantaytambo train station. Our representative will meet you on arrival and will be transferring you back to your hotel in Cusco. We will be reaching by 10:00 PM.
2 Day Inca Trail Camping Includes:
Private Tourist transportation Cusco – Ollantaytambo and then Train to KM 104 (The Trailhead) (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs) and Please, Note. we always use the same tourist transportation for our porters.
EXPEDITIONS TRAIN RETURN TICKET:
- Tourist Expeditions train Round Trip ticket from Ollantaytambo to km 104 and Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then bus back to Cusco and we will drop you off at the hotel.
- English – Spanish speaking guide for 3 days of the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English & Second Guide Over 08 people Group(Large Group Service)
- Camping Includes: Camping tents & Sleeping air pads as well as cooking and eating tents
- 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast
- Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
- Visit to Machu Picchu on the 2nd day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
- Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our porters as well as adequate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, and proper backpack to carry the equipment and all of them are limited to carry 20kg only).
- Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco (2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
- First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
- Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Inca Trail)
- Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks as well as Rain poncho
- Pre-trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
- Water bottle for refilling with water along the Inca trail WE DONT WANT YOU TO USE PLASTIC BOTTLES) Get one once you are at our office!!!
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!)
2 Day Inca Trail Camping Does not Include:
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Lunch and dinner – Day 2
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
DISCOUNTS (to apply discounts. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD
- (Students must be below 25 years) : US$30. Please send us a a scanned copy of the student card at the time of booking.
- Under 17 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Under 12 years old: US$30 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20 per person. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$90 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- Machu Picchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$90 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train (First Class Train) (Includes Private Transportation From Ollantaytambo to Cusco) USUS$70
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person (Twin Bed room, 3 Beds room & 4 Beds Room with Private shower & Bathroom)
- A night in Cusco at our Quechuas Guesthouse: from US$20 per person / Twin Bed room (Before we do the tour/trek or after the tour/trek)
- Goose Down sleeping bag (Mummy style): US$30 for the entire trip
- (Black Dimond) Walking Poles Rubber Tips Included: US$20 for the entire trip
- Day Pack 20 – 30 liters (Rain cover included): US$15 for the entire trip
BRIEFING: for all our treks is a Night before we do the trek at 6:30pm in our office, But if you want us to come to your Hotel let us know in advance.(You will get a chance to meet you guide and as well as to give you your duffel bags)
Most Hotels have storage where you can leave the rest of your stuff while you hike to Machupicchu, But if they dont have a place you can leave your stuff in our storage with no extra cost. (Let us know at the time of briefing)
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go…
2 Day Inca Trail to Machupicchu (Prices for 2023 & 2024)
Availability (Based On Availability): Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We wont Cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information as well as a Deposit of 30% and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$520
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): From 04 Persons to 08 Persons (Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$620
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Persons Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.520
2 Day Inca Trail Packing List:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Pocket knife.
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also buy in Cusco.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
Clothes and Accessories:
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- A small towel and swimwear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers (Zip off)
- 1 pair of hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Watch or alarm clock
- Flashlight (headlight recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts, or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired from us) we have goose down or synthetic sleeping bag
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band-Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Frequently Asked Questions
Licensed trek operators: The Ministry of Tourism is the regulatory body responsible for controlling access to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail. In order to operate the Inca Trail companies must meet certain basic requirements proving that they have professional guides and good camping equipment, radio communications and emergency first aid including oxygen. The license to operate the Inca Trail is renewed at the beginning of each year. Due to legal problems the Government has found it hard to withdraw licenses from poor performing companies and every tour operator that has satisfied the basic requirements has so far been given a license.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for BOOKING the INCA TRAIL for 2023
- Whether you are trekking the Inca Trail in 2023 -2024, it is recommended to secure your spots as soon as possible (CHECK the OFFICIAL INCA TRAIL AVAILABILITY ABOVE) there is no reason to wait! – BOOK NOW!
- The number of available spaces shown in this page is for both: for the CLASSIC INCA TRAIL which is done in 4 Days, 5 Days, 3 Days and 6 Days the ones that goes via Salkantay. And the Short Inca Trail that starts from Km 104 always has spaces. Please, confirm which of them are you interested when consulting or booking
- The Inca Trail is CLOSED every year in FEBRUARY for maintenance, for allowing conservation projects, and too much rain; so this month is not available.
- Whether INCA TRAIL permits for your desired date are SOLD OUT, you can always pre-reserve for another date, for next year or simply consider other alternative tours which get to Machu Picchu as well
- SALKANTAY TREK
- LARES TREK
- INCA JUNGLE TRAIL
- CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK
- VILCABAMBA TREK
- ANCASCOCHA TREK
- Also it is important to know that NO matter how many clients cancel their Inca Trail reservations, NOBODY else can use these spaces as the system is designed to prevent some companies to book the spaces with made-up information in advance and then change it with that of their last-minute real clients.
- We hope you find this information on the Inca Trail Availability useful and if so, start dreaming about your next adventure in 2030 – 2024- 2025!
HOW TO BOOK SHORT INCA TRAIL TREK?
Instructions to Book Online (Reservations) Choose a date, and Let us know how many people you are.
First step: Check the Availability
Ensure that you are making the reservation plenty of time in advance. Check that there are still spaces available in our group and book as far ahead as possible since our trek departures dates are offered on a first-come-first-served basis. Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the date that you enter Peru. If you do not have a valid passport or plan to renew your passport before coming to Peru please see our Frequently Asked Questions and Booking & Conditions page for more details.
Choose your preferred date or join us to any of fixed departure date (We need 02 people to open a new departure date) and please note we will never pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. (they share transportation, Food, Guide, Cook and porters) to minimize costs that’s why many charge less than us. because they are thinking to share with other companies. But Quechuas Expeditions organize the trip even the group is of 02 ppl.
We require all Personal information as well as a Non-refundable US$200 to ensure your Inca Trail permits and porters permits as well as Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance fees.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We have received feedback from many clients saying that our confirmation emails are often directed to their spam folder rather than their inbox. To ensure that you receive our reply, please modify your Junk or Spam filter settings to allow the incoming email@example.com email address. You may also want to add this email address to your list of known contacts.
First check the Inca Trail availability to ensure we have a confirmed date for your departures please click to:
Second step: Check your Personal Information and BOOK
Fill in our Inca Trail booking form(See the Attached File). Please do not make a reservation until you have all the details below. We cannot accept a booking without all the names, nationalities, passport numbers and ages:
The following client information is requested for any Inca Trail booking:
• Complete names and surnames (as in your passport appears)
• Passport Nationality
• Passport number
• Date of Birth
IMPORTANT NOTE: The exact information provided by you will be submitted to the Government Institution (INC) in charge of regulating the access to the Inca Trail and will be included in the official permit to enter the Inca Trail on the requested date. Should there be any change in the above-mentioned data (ie. New passport number), we kindly request you to inform toy your Travel Consultant via e-mail as soon as possible. The government reserves the right not to allow the entry to any visitor whose data are not the exact ones as those in the official permit. Quechuas Expeditions Tours excludes any responsibility for a no entry in case the passenger information has changed without prior notice to us.
Third step: Trek deposit
To secure the Inca Trail Reservation with us, the client must deposit US$200 . Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. Without a down payment your Inca Trail Trek is not confirmed.
Payment can either be made by Western Union, PayPal, Bank Transfer(western union the fastest and safest method of Payment in Peru).
Fourth step: Confirmation Travel Invoice
We will send you a Travel Invoice of the trek and deposit (with the signing of our Travel Consultant), when we receive all requirements above. You have to print this document to show in our office in Cusco.
Fifth Step: Come to Cusco and pay the remaining trek balance in Cash
You can pay the balance of the trek at our offices in Cusco (minimum of 2 days before trek departure, before 10:00am). Payment can be made in cash US$, local currency (Peruvian Nuevo Soles) or American Express Travel Checks (+ 5% commission charged). You can withdraw cash in either US$ or Peruvian Sole from one of the many ATM machines in Cusco (Visa, MasterCard, etc). Prior to departing for Peru it is advisable to inform your bank that you are coming to Peru, so that you do not experience any problems with your credit/bank cards whilst abroad. Remember that the limit that you can withdraw each day in Peru may be less than your normal limit at home.
SHORT INCA TRAIL PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING
Briefing before the Inca Trail
One or two days before departure our representative in Cusco will contact the clients in their hotels, where you will meet with your guide, he’ll provide information and answer any questions they might have about their Inca trail program. We must be informed in which hotels the clients are staying and the date of their arrival.
Where you will meet with your group and guide, here you will be given any rental equipment such as sleeping bags and duffle bags if you have requested extra porter the actual time of your briefing (6 or 7pm) will be confirmed at your check-in at the office 2 days prior to the trek.
If you do not have an operator in Cusco our office can take care of the reconfirmation of any domestic flights to Lima or other cities. Please ask for further information when you make your reservation.
What about my luggage which I don’t need on the trek?
We suggest you to leave your entire luggage, which you don’t need during the trekking, behind in your hotel. Almost every hotel in Cusco has a safety deposit where you can store your luggage and do not charge for this service when you’ll return to the same hotel after your trek. But if they don’t have a place we also have a place where you can leave with us. Let us know.
What if I have a medical emergency while hiking the trail?
Guides carry a first aid kit for basic medical problems (traveler’s diarrhea, cuts/ scrapes, etc.). They receive Red Cross First Aid and other emergency training every year. Our guides lead over 300 travelers along the Inca trail each year and we have rarely had a traveler unable to complete the hike. In these rare instances when someone has not felt well enough to finish the hike, he/ she has been escorted back to Cusco and generally felt well enough to re-join the group in Machu Picchu via train a few days later. Cusco has the nearest modern medical facilities so travelers with a serious medical emergency would need to be evacuated there. Guides and porters have pre-established evacuation strategies in place should this need occur.
What are the guides like?
Quechuas Expeditions Tours guides are among the very best and most experienced guides anywhere. They are from the surrounding Cusco/ Sacred Valley area and speak fluent English, in addition to Spanish and the native language of Quechua. Most have 5-10 years of experience leading Inca trail hikes and all have training in the history, spirituality, culture, and ecology of the area. We receive rave reviews on our guides. For more information, check out our Testimonials at: Our Testimonials Most of them are highly recommended by Lonely Planet, Trip Advisor.
What about late cancellations?
Current regulations do not allow us to replace cancelled passengers with new passengers. Trek permits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If I give you my deposit now, do you buy my permit immediately?
Not necessarily immediately, but we customarily purchase the permits within a few days of receiving your deposit.
and if you want us to act Asap (Send us Your deposit by Western Union which is the fastest and safest way in Cusco, Peru and we can get the money in Minutes and Confirm the Trip in Minutes as well.)
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
We are the Best Tour Operator in PERU
We are Inca Trail Operator
We are Local Tour Operator of the Inca Trail to Machupicchu, with no intermediaries or hidden prices; we have Local Guides experts and professionals.
Full Customer Support
From the moment we receive your message, we will assign you an expert travel specialist who will attend and customize every detail of your trip; we are Local Specialists
Tailor-Made Trips and tours, unique experiences for all our travelers; we design your next vacation in Peru to make it unique and unparalleled;
The best travel specialists
You will make your trip with local experts; we know the best routes and schedules in Peru; everything for unparalleled travel experiences
Our reputation at Tripadvisor
Thousands of travelers who know about the quality of our services are your guarantee of excellence and quality of tours. They recommend us
In all our tours, we are aware of the environment and the management of solid waste; we are responsible for our carbon footprint and respect for the flora and fauna