Inca Jungle Trail To Machu Picchu
(Biking – Hiking – Zip Lining )3D /2N
Day 1: Cusco – Abra Malaga – Sta maria – Sta teresa
On the first day, our transfer will be waiting for you in the lobby of the hotel at around 07:00 -07:25, and then our transport will take you to Abra Malaga. In Ollantaytambo, you’ll stop at the first rest stop to do some needed shopping for the trail, and then continue the trail until you reach Abra Malaga, where at this point our professional tour guide will give you some advice and instructions about how to start the bike tour. You’ll start the downhill ride until you get to the archeological site of Wamanmarca. Here at this place, our tour guide will give you some information about the archeological site and then you’ll take photos. Also at this place, the tour guide will give you a box lunch. After lunch, you’ll will go to Santa Teresa where you’ll have dinner in a traditional restaurant at the ecological lodge. You’ll also get to relax in one of their rooms.
Overnight in an ecological lodge in Santa Teresa.
Day 2: Sta Teresa – Zip Lining – Aguas Calientes
On the second day, after breakfast, you’ll take our private bus to the Hydroelectric, when you’ll arrive at the Hydroelectric. You’ll begin walking about one hour until you arrive to a local restaurant, where you’ll have a the lunch. After lunch, you’ll walk about two a half more hours until you get to Aguas Calientes, where you’ll get to relax in your chosen hotel. (Zip Lining is Included)
Overnight in Aguas Calientes.
Day 3: Machu Picchu – Cusco
On the third day, our tour guide will wait for us in the lobby of your hotel to take you to the bus station where you will take a tourist bus to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu. It is referred to as “The lost citadel of the Incas”. The bus trip will be just 30 minutes, and when you arrive at Machu Picchu, our tour guide will begin explaining to you about visiting different places around Machu Picchu. You also have the option of visiting Waynapicchu, and then you’ll have free time to take photos.
In the afternoon, you’ll return to Aguas Calientes where you’ll have free time for lunch by yourself. After lunch, you will take the train station to take a train to Ollantaytambo. At the train station in Ollantaytambo, our transfer will wait for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL INCLUDES:
– Pre-departure inka jungle briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
– Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking inka jungle trail tour guide
– Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:00am)
– Private Transportation Van Cusco – Abra Malaga – Amaybamba or Santa Maria (first camping spot) NOTE The Private Van will accompany you. if somebody gets tired can take the van to santa maria *first camping spot only , then the Van will bring all bikes back to cusco.
– Tourist train (EXPEDITION) back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
– Entrance fee to Machu picchu
– Local Transportation santa teresa to Lucmabamba 1 hour (2nd day)
– Food: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 2 dinners
– Mountain full suspension MOSSO or KONNA Bike ,Helmet and gloves (click here to see details of quechuas expeditions Biking Equipment)
– 3 nights accommodation in a hostel santa maria, santa teresa & aguas calientes (click here to see the hostal in aguas calientes town)
– Health Insurance for our porters, cooks,guides, field crew and Quechuas Expeditions staff
– Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
– Quechuas Expeditions Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
– Oxygen balloon for any emergency
– Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
– Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
– First Aid kit and Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco. Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our quechuas expeditions office.
– *Vegetarian/special diet options free available
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 14:00 and being the 9:00 pm the last train. quechuas expeditions will organize the transport back to Cusco (by taxi or by bus).
Please Note: train times are subject to change depending on Peru rail click here to see timestable and availability.If organized in advance, the train can be upgraded to Vistadome (larger windows than the backpaker cerrojo train to ollantaytambo ) for an increased price.of US$ 40 let us know please.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL DOESN’T INCLUDE:
– Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
– Entrance to the hot springs water Santa Teresa / Colcalmayo 15 soles or Aguas Calientes 10 soles(click here to see hot springs)
– Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu (optional/ instead of walking) ( one way US$7 and you can Buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station) aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
– Last Lunch in aguas calientes town
– Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$ 7 one way
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON INCA JUNGLE TRAIL:
– Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
– Travel Insurance card is essential
– Sleeping bag (not included)
– Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
– Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
– Sun hat and gloves
– T-shirts / shirts
– Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
– Rain pants
– Bathing suit (for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
– Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
– Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
– Water bottle.
– Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
– Toilet paper and wet wipes
– Personal medication
– Camera and films
– Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
– Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON INKA JUNGLE:
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us
NOTE: walking poles are not allowed into machu picchu city.
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 4/Days (Return by EXPEDITION Train)
Small Group Service:(Group Size: 02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum)
Fixed Price per person Adult US$560 & Students US$540 /
Please,Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
MARCH 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
APRIIL 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
MAY 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JUNE 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JULY 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
AUGUST 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
SEPTEMBER 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
OCTOBER 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
NOVEMBER 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
DECEMBER 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 4/Days (Rafting & Zip Lining Included)
Large Group Service:(Group Size: 04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum)
Fixed Price per person Adult US$440 & Students US$420 /(Return by Tourist EXPEDITION Train)
Fixed Price per person Adult US$340 & Students US$320 /(Return by Bus From Hidroelectrica)
Please,Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.(Available all year around)
MARCH 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
APRIIL 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
MAY 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
JUNE 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
JULY 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
AUGUST 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
SEPTEMBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
OCTOBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
NOVEMBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
DECEMBER 2019: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL PRIVATE SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE UPON REQUEST) 4/Days 2018 – 2019 and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as:
02 persons group / US$1100 per person
03 persons group / US$1050 per person
04 persons group / US$1000 per person
05 persons group / US$950 per person
06-8 persons group / US$900 per person
- Hotel 3 stars (At Aguas Calientes Town)
- Entrance to climb Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
- Vistadome Train(First Class train back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
- Private Van back to cusco from ollantaytambo
- Train Ticket( From Hydroelectric Plant to Aguas Calientes 40 Minutes ride)
- Bus Round Trip ( Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
- Bus Down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Lunch in Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag / Silk Liner included.
- 02 walking poles per person / Rubber tips included.
- 01 Duffel Bags to carry all your sleeping bag, Self-inflating pad as well as your Clothes.
- Tour Guide to explore Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu all day. and of course we pay a little bit more to our staff and guide
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
My boyfriend and I was on the 5d/4n Salkantay tour end of March. Positives: - Kind, informative tour guide, Fernando that was curious about us - Varied and... read more
4D, 3N Inca Trail trek was great, cook, guide, porters and food were excellent. The lead up to the trek was very stressful. We were told multiple times by the... read more
Good experience with this agency; well priced three day tour that lived up to our expectations. We appreciated the nice meals the cook prepared and also the information shared by... read more