Puerto Maldonado Tambopata Jungle Tours
Reception at the airport. Transfer to our office located in the city of Puerto Maldonado. Luggage which you don’t need during your stay in the Rainforest can be kept in our storage room to facilitate the transport. Embarkment at the port “Puerto de Capitanía” towards our Lodge: 40 minutes of navigation on the Madre de Dios river. Arrival at the facilities of the Amazon Garden Lodge, where you will be received with a refreshment of natural fruit of the season. Your guide will give you the necessary information for your stay and hand over the keys to your bungalow and security safe, followed by the lunch and some time to rest until the first excursion. 3:30 pm: Departure for your first contact with the Rainforest. Your guide will show you tropical trees, medicinal plants and the exuberant nature of the 60-hectare-area of Amazon Garden Lodge. A short stop at a viewpoint where toucans and other birds can be spotted. The duration of this hike is 2 to 3 hours. Back at the Lodge, you can relax at the pool or in the hammocks on the terrace of your bungalow, savor an exotic cocktail at the bar, enjoy a relaxing massage by our qualified staff, visit our shop for a handcrafted souvenir of the Rainforest or head to the riverside to view the breathtaking sunset. 7:00 pm: “Caiman Safari”. Before dinner, we will leave for a nocturnal boat trip to observe caimans and, with a bit of luck, other animals which populate the riverbank
Second Day: Parrots and Parakeet’s Clay Lick (Cachuela)– Puerto Maldonado
Parrots and parakeets need to eat rich clay that provides them with the salts and minerals necessary to metabolize and neutralize the toxins and acids of the flowers, fruits, and seeds upon which they feed. Early each day, therefore, they congregate at the salt licks, clay walls along the rivers and streams in the Madre de Dios region of the Amazon rainforest.
At about 7:00am we back to the lodge , have breakfast and return to Puerto Maldonado and Drop you off at the Airport or Bus Terminal.
AMAZON TAMBOPATA JUNGLE INCLUDES:
– Pre departure tambopata jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
– Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
– Cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
– Camping equipment/tents and mats (in case we camp in the jungle)
– Transportation by private bus from Puerto Maldonado/Airport to Port of Capitania/Puerto Maldonado Airport
– Transportation by private boat: Puerto Maldonado / Peru Amazon Garden Lodge / Puerto Maldonado
– Overnights in lodges and camping huts
– Mineral water all the time
– Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
– Tambopata Reserved zone(Lago Sandoval Lake)entrance fee
– Vegetarian option…send us you requirements please.
– Entrance to the Ecological Reserve.
– First Aid Kit (bring your personal Medication)
– Transfers / airport / Lodge / airport.
IT DOESNT INCLUDE:
– International and Domestic Airfares. and aiport taxes
– Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON THIS AMAZON TAMBOPATA JUNGLE:
– Rainforest expeditions are not comfortable tours, but with the following equipment you will get the best out of the forest and yourself:
– Binoculars (imperative)
– Flashlight with spare bulbs and extra batteries
– Sleeping bag (it can be hired from us US$5 a day) in case you want to sleep in tent.
– Day pack
– Long pants and long-sleeved shirts
– T-shirts light shirts
– Shorts/Bathing suit
– Sweater or light jacket
– 1 pair of hiking boots and 1 pair of light shoes or trekking sandals
– Long socks
– Rain gear
– Rubber boots (only in the rainy season-we provide them)
– Sunhat, sunglasses, sun block
– Insect repellent (with at least 60% DEET) and after bite
– Plastic bags (to keep everything dry)
– Water bottle
– Copy of a valid passport/Peruvian Imigration card Copy as well.
– Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
– Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
Prices & Availability
Please, Avoid the rushed/pooled big 30-40 ppl group sizes & the Large Noisy Jungle Dorms/Personalized Group Service with Us!!!
Accomodation Based on twin beds/Matrimonial room Jungle Bungalow(02ppl in one room with Private Shower and Bathroom/If you want to Camp and sleep in a tent, Let us know) Click here to see a detailed page of our Lodge
TAMBOPATA NATURAL RESERVE – PUERTO MALDONADO (Sandovale Lake & Monkey Island) 3/Days 2018– 2019
Please, Prices are Based On number of people departing that date. we will advertise to get more people and make the price lower/Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
AMAZON TAMBOPATA JUNGLE TOUR (FAQs)Frequently Asked Questions
Private/Small Group Service: Group Size (02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum) for Families with children, Honeymooners and Couples.02 person to open a new group & Leave any day you suit. This group could be 02ppl, 03ppl, 05ppl or 08ppl. but we will depart even if you are a group of 02 people. We will Never Pass you onto another operator.
We will advertise your departure date to get more people and make the price lower.
02 persons group / US$450 per person
03 persons group / US$400 per person
04 persons group / US$350 per person
05 persons group / US$300 per person
06-8 persons group / US$250 per person
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits to the Tambopata Natural Reserve.
Send us your personal information and your US$100 deposit per person and you are ready to go!!! (Click here to see method of payments)
By Bus(12 hours ride): Cusco – Puerto Maldonado – Cusco US$50
(Depart a night before at 9:00pm & Return on Day 4th at 8:30am)
By Airplane(45 minutes): Cusco – Puerto Maldonado – Cusco US$110
(Depart Day 1 between 10:00am to 12:00pm & Return on Day 4th at Between 10:00am to 1:00pm)
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY Amazon Garden Lodge?
- Local 100% Peruvian Tour operator(Based in Tambopata Natural Reserve)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons
Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
- Our Amazon Garden Lodge is located in one of the most privileged locations in the area, since we are situated between the Lake Sandoval and Monkey island in the Natural Reserve of Tambopata Protected Rainforest; the lodge is a strategic point for flora and fauna sightings.
- We are the closest lodge, located 30 minutes from the Lake Sandoval and Monkey island into the Tambopata Natural Reserve Zone.
- Our itineraries can be modified according to the interests of our guests in order to make it an unforgettable and enriching experience.
- The Amazon Garden Lodge offers accommodation for all kinds of passengers, from those who prefer the rustic and simple to those who like to travel in full comfort.
- Being an Ecolodge, we try to minimize as much as possible our waste by not using canned goods. Everything that we serve in our restaurant is natural and fresh.
- Our suites have privileged views of the Nature, a 100% natural Forest and one of the biggest in the Peruvian Amazon. Lake Sandoval is often visited by troops of different kinds of primates, offering great wildlife observation opportunities right from your suite’s balcony.
- We have some of the best national guides in the area with more than ten years of experience working in the tropical rainforest. We are located in what is considered one of the best areas in the Peruvian Amazon for birdwatching. Since the lodge’s access from the Madre de Dios River is by foot and in a paddle canoe, we offer the opportunity for flora and fauna sightings from the very beginning of the tour.
- We are the only lodge in the Tambopata Reserve and Madre de Dios River area that offers the option of a ‘self-guided trail’ for those passengers who want to do an activity without a guide.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions hired an alcoholic to be our tour guide. He drank 750ml+ of liquor 3 out of 4 days, beginning at 10am. One of the days he drank fermented... read more
We did the small group 4 Day-3 Night Classic Inca Trail. We were very lucky to have only my wife and I in our group. The experience was incredible. The... read more
We were hoping to avoid the crowds of the Inca Trail and go a bit longer that the Lares Trek. Working by email with the Quechuas staff we added two... read more