Day 1. – Cusco – Bike Tour to Maras Moray and Aguas Calientes.
At 8am we pick you up from the hotel and travel by own private vehicle to Chincheros, which takes 40 minutes. Here we begin our cross country biking tour on the nice Andean landscape. We visit Lake Huaypo, Maras-Moray, Salt mining and finally enjoy doing downhill biking to Urubamba in the Sacred Valley. Maras is an Inca settlement, and is a place named Salineras, are extensive terracing salt areas, controlled, and used since before Inca days. This trip is for beginners, and experience bikers, you can choose to ride in asphalt road, dirt road and single trucks. Will be a nice experience mixing the sport and knowledge of the Inca culture. After 5 hours biking 35km (or more) is stopping at different view points. The lunch will be in Ollantaytambo and then at 4pm we aboard the train to Aguas Calientes (2 hours of travel), welcoming reception and then transfer to the hotel in Aguas Calientes Meals: Buffet lunch in Urubamba and Dinner in Ollantaytambo or Aguas Calientes )
Day 2. – Aguas Calientes – Machu picchu – Cusco.
first option is leaving at 4:30am breakfast and begin of 2 hours climb to Machu Picchu archaeological site (2500m).and Second option is leaving at 6am breakfast and half hour later aboard the first tourist bus to drop us to Machu Picchu main door, and to be the first visitors inside Machu Picchu archaeological site you will have complete guided tour of this spectacular and mystical place. The guided tour include walk through the different section such as urban, agriculture, and the religions zone was used by the Inca Culture. According with the time and your feeling you can coordinating with the tour guide climb to Huayna Picchu (Young Mountain) this climbing take around 1 hour to get the summit from where you can have the best view for photos of all Machu Picchu and of deep green canyon surrounding the sacred Inca City. At according time descend to Machu Picchu and then free time to explorer on your own. At mentioned time aboard a tourist bus to descend to Aguas Calientes town. Lunch will be in town and then we will aboard the backpacker train to Ollantaytambo (Sacred Valley) and from here we take a private van to drop us to the hotel in Cusco.
- Private supporting vehicle along the bike tour.
- English speaking tour guide during the 2 Days
- Mountain bikes in good maintenance (full disk brake)
- Helmet and comfortable for your head.
- Warm gloves / 01 Dinner in Ollantaytambo or Aguas Calientes.
- 2 lunches ( one in the sacred valley and one in Aguas Calientes )
- Machupicchu Entrance fee
- Time of Riding 4 to 5 hours (Aprox)
- A small bottle of water
- Tourist Train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo)
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco and Drop off at the hotel
- Lodging in Aguas Calientes ( Nice Hostel twin bed room with private bathroom and hot shower)
- Bottle of oxygen and first aid kit for all participants and our cam staff (only private service)
- Food and accommodation for our camp staff (guide and driver)
- Tourist Pass( Known as Boleto Turistico to see Maras and Moray
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Small back pack
- Rain jacket or poncho (December – April)
- Tenis shoes
- One complete change of clothing.
- Bottel of wáter
- Flash light and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, etc.
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Extra Money (soles)
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
SHARED GROUP SERVICE 2018 – 2019 (Small Group size)
Price based on Number of ppl departing that date. (Group size: Upon Request)
02 persons group / US$480 per person
03 persons group / US$460 per person
04 persons group / US$440 per person
05 persons group / US$420 per person
06-8 more persons group / US$400 per person
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
I highly recommend Quechuas Expeditions. They were very easy to work with and understanding when we were having difficulties with local ATMs. Our guide and team were awesome. They made... read more
I went on this hike with my sister and I cannot recommend this group (and trek) highly enough!! Juve - our guide - was an incredible leader and friend. In... read more
This company is poorly managed. We booked Salkantay with them on May2019. We saw good rating and they do have this nice dome but it’s all overrated. Firstly,... read more