9-Day Salkantay Trek & Rainbow Mountain Tour Package Sky Lodge Dome
9-Day Salkantay Trek & Rainbow Mountain Tour Package Sky Lodge Dome
9-Day Salkantay Trek & Rainbow Mountain Trek to Machupicchu Peru Tour Package By Glamping in Sky Dome to Dome (Top-Selling)
Hike one of National Geographic’s 25 “World’s Best Treks” A great Alternative Salkantay Trek to Machupicchu by Hiking and glamping in Sky Lodge EcoDome
National Geographic Adventure Magazine rated the Salkantay trek as one of the 25 Best Treks in the World.
Mount Salkantay (or Nevado Salkantay / Salcantay) is one of the most iconic mountains in the Cusco region and the highest mountain in the Vilcabamba Mountain range.
9 Days 8 Nights
60.5 km / 37.5 miles.
3300 m.a.s.l - 4650 msnm
Trekking Nature & Culture
02 Min - 08 Max
Hikers on the Salkantay trail spend a day approaching the mountain from the south and then another day in close proximity to the mountain as they scale the Salkantay Pass, which at 4,600m provides amazing views into the valley below. The Salkantay trek of 4 days and 3 nights is a great adventure that will allow you to appreciate Andean and lush green mountains (Cloud forest), streams, rivers, and hot springs that will help you relax your body after the physically taxing walk. You can also feel the temperature change along the hiking mountain paths of the tour of Salkantay. You can also enjoy some snow in one of the highest points of the road, 4,630 mts/15, 228 feet above sea level. Finally, on the last day (the fifth day) you will enjoy the Grand tour of Machu Picchu City.
9-Day Salkantay Trek & Rainbow Mountain Trek Peru Tour Package Overview:
STARTING POINT: Pick-up from Cusco & Sacred Valley Hotel/Airbnb. From 4:30 am to 5:00 am
ENDING POINT: Drop-off in Cusco at Hotel/Airbnb 10:30 pm
DEPARTURE: Daily. If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as a large group service). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in Cusco
HIKING DISTANCE: 60.5 km / 37.5 ml
PHYSICAL LEVEL: Level 3. Salkantay Trek requires some physical preparation and we also recommend to Aclimatize 2 days before we begin the Salkantay Trek
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 4,630 m / 15,228 ft
TRANSPORTATION: Private Van/Bus to Challacancha (for our Passengers and staff) Tourist Expedition Train Back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco
ACCOMMODATIONS: 2 nights in Green Eco Dome ( Private Campsite of Domes at Soraypampa and Loreta La Playa), 1 night in the hotel (Aguas Calientes)
PORTERING/HORSEBACK SERVICE: 7 Kilos/14 Pounds Extra Portering service is included. We will provide you a duffel bag for your personal Stuff (This will be carried by the porter or Horses), Water Bottle, Rain Poncho & Inca Trail T-shirt at the briefing time
MEALS: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners, 3 tea times + wake-up teas
MACHU PICCHU: Machu Picchu entrance fee Included.
DOMESTIC AIRFARE: Flights Lima – Cusco & Cusco Lima Included
Day 01: Arrive at Lima & Lima City Tour (Overnight at Hotel Lima).
Day 02: Arrive at Cusco & Cusco City Tour (Overnight at Sky Lodge Dome in Cusco).
Day 03: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo Moray & Salt Flats of Maras (Overnight at Hotel in Cusco)
Day 04: Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha – Soraypampa – Humantay Lake – Soraypampa
Day 05: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Huayracmachay – Chaullay – La Playa Loreta
Day 06: La Playa Loreta – Lucmabamba – Llactapata incan site – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
Day 07: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Day 08: Cusco – Rainbow Mountain – Cusco
Day 09: Flight Back to Lima (End of the Service)
9-Day Salkantay Trek & Rainbow Mountain Trek Peru Tour Package Highlights:
- Sleep in comfort under the stars in our Eco-friendly Sky Green Eco Domes located on the private campsite at Soraypampa and Loreta Campsite. Best Campsites Along the Salkantay Trek.
- Day 1: Private Soraypampa Campsite at our Green Eco DOME (Glamping Sky Lodge Dome)
- Day 2: Private Loreta La Playa Campsite at our Green Eco DOME (Glamping Sky Lodge Dome)
- Day 3: Aguas Calientes Hotel
- Visit Humantay Lake and Salkantay Lake
- Hike the Original Inca Trail to the LLactapata Incan site to see Machupicchu.
- Enjoy the scenic views of Salkantay Snow Mountain
- Make a small ritual for the Andean gods and learn about the Incan religion
- Enjoy our friendly customer service and experienced top guides
- Eat delicious, freshly prepared Peruvian cuisine (Buffet Peruvian Style Food)
- Hike through the different types of landscapes and Sceneries, such as cloud forests, highlands, grassy hills, and Andean valleys
- Reach 4,600 meters (15,000 feet) in elevation along the Salkantay Pass
- Explore Machu Picchu and the surrounding area with expert and knowledgeable tour top guides
- Hike one of National Geographic’s 25 “World’s Best Treks”
Please, Note: We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled-out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go…
Please Note: For travelers who don’t have many days to hike, or for those who don’t feel fit enough to hike the Salkantay for 4 days. We have a great alternative salkantay trek and Humantay lake of 3 days conecting to machupicchu by train from ollantaytambo to aguas calientes. or Salkantay and Humantay lake for 2 days sleeping in our domes.(Click here to see more info)
Day 1: Arrive on Lima/City Tour (Overnight at Hotel in Lima)
Arrive in Lima and transfer to your hotel. If arriving during the day, your hotel will be in the neighborhood of Miraflores, with good shopping and restaurants, and you’ll have an included city tour in the afternoon. If arriving late at night, you’ll be close to the airport for a bit more to sleep before your next day’s flight.
Day 2: Arrive on Cusco & City Tour (Overnight Sky Lodge Dome in Cusco)
Upon arrival at Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulate for the height will have a free morning to rest also we suggest you have a light lunch in either your hotel or in one of the surrounded; in the afternoon we will depart on a City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main Square, Cathedral, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q’enko, Puka Pukara, and Tambomachay, the tour finishes 6:30 pm approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight. (No meals included)
Day 3: Sacred Valley of the Inkas Pisaq-Ollantaytambo & Chincheros (Overnight Sky Lodge Dome in Cusco)
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 8:15 am. Full-day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful Indian market in Pisac where a mixture of color and tradition will be able appreciated besides will have a good opportunity to try our bargain skills in their free time to interact with the local craftsmen to purchase their hand-made souvenirs. The Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) from Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 ms (9,700 p), Pisac is located at the entrance of the Sacred Valley and is followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied by the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant and after we explore Ollantaytambo we continue to Chincheros and after exploring this site we return to Cusco
Salkantay Day 4: Mollepata – Challacancha – Humantay Lake – Soraypampa (Overnight Sky Lodge Dome in Soraypampa, Humantay Lake)
We pick you up from your hotel Between 4:30 a.m. to 5:00 am to drive for about 2 hours to Mollepata where we stop to have breakfast. Then we keep driving 1 hour to Challacancha where start our Salkantay trek. As soon as we are at Challacancha while you get ready to walk. The cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 3 hours will be a little bit uphill to get to Soraypampa where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! After Lunch, We will begin our Hike up to Humantay Lake, and then back to Soraypampa our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow-capped – mountain of Cusco.
1ST DAY: Total distance: 15 km (approx.)
Estimated walking time: 7- 8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (approx.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (approx.)
Salkantay Day 5: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Chaullay – Loreta La playa coffee Camp (Overnight Sky Lodge Dome in Loreta Playa Sahuayaco)
After having our Salkantay Trek early breakfast we start walking at about 6:00 am because this day will be the longest day the first 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here. After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach Chaullay Where we take our Local transportation for 1 hour to Get to our La Playa Loreta Coffe Campsite. The reason we stay at this campsite is that the next day we will climb up to a mountain where you will find one of the most beautiful Inca trail sites which is known as Llactapata. You will also see Machu Picchu City from this point.
2ND DAY: Total distance: 19 km (approx.)
Estimated walking time: 8 – 9 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (approx.)
Campsite altitude: 2,750 m (approx.)
Salkantay Day 6: Loreta La playa – Llactapata – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes (Overnight at Hotel in Aguas Calientes)
We will have breakfast at 6:00 am and leave our camping spot of La Playa Loreta. We walk upon the original Inca Trail to the Llactapata site where you will get a chance to see Machupicchu far away (one of the most beautiful places to see Machupicchu) then We continue walking, passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana, etc. until we reach the hydroelectric station for Lunch. And after lunch we keep walking for about two and half hours till reaching Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles) a real treat after finishing the Salkantay Trek.
Please note: (For those who dont want to hike via this trail. There is a chance to take a bus to Santa Teresa and do an adventure sport of zip lining and Canopy and then transfer to the hydroelectric station for Lunch and meet the group.) This has an extra Price of US$40 per person.
3RD DAY: Total distance: 15 km (approx.)
Estimated walking time: 7 – 8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 1,600 m (approx.)
Hotel (aguas calientes) altitude: 1,900 m (aprox.)
Salkantay Day 7: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco!!! (Overnight Sky Lodge Dome in Cusco)
Salkantay trek important day! We wake up early morning about 4 am then until 4:30 to have breakfast and Start to walk up to Machupicchu which takes 1 and a half hours up to Machupicchu. But there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves at 5:30 am to Machupicchu. (it takes 25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this, you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have the energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top. and after enjoying Machupicchu you have to go down to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then the bus back Cusco.
4TH DAY: Total distance: 6 km approx.)
Estimated walking time: 1- 2 to
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (hours.)
Rainbow Mountain Day 8: Cusco – Rainbow Mountain – Cusco (Overnight Sky Lodge Dome in Cusco)
We will pick you up early from your Cusco hotel and set out on a drive through the South Valley. The drive to the trailhead at Quesiuno (4,326 m / 14,189 ft) is 3 hours long. Once we reach the Inkintuyoc bridge, we will have a fueling continental breakfast.
We then start off on our hike, following a lovely stream. You will be immediately surprised by literally herds of alpacas and llamas. We will have consistent views of the Ausangate Mountain. We will hike through villages and interact with the local residents. We will stop for a deluxe box lunch along the trail.
Back on the trail, we encounter more of the traditional elements of this trek. This includes potato fields and unique fauna. We have the prospect of seeing chinchillas and vicunas. Vicunas are the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru. Many red mountains are also a highlight of this portion of the hike.
After a total hike of approximately 5 hours, we finally reach our destination, what we came to see….the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft). After getting over the shock of their beauty, you will have time to explore the area. You will have time to take pictures and soak in the environment. We will spend approximately 30 minutes at the top.
At this point, it is time to go back down. We hike downhill the way we came. The hike will take 4 to 5 hours. Our private van will be waiting for us when we return.
We will embark on the 3-hour drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your Cusco hotel. The approximate arrival time is between 5 and 6 PM.
Meals: Continental Breakfast / Box lunch
Lowest Elevation: 4,326 m / 14,189 ft
Highest Elevation: 5,020 m / 16,466 ft
Distance to walk: 15 km / 9 ¼ miles
Approximate walking time: 5 to 6 hours up; 4 to 5 hours down
Level of Difficulty: Challenging
Day 9: Transfer to Cusco Airport or Terminal (End of the Service)
Breakfast and according to time, transportation will be provided to go to the airport
Add on the Nazca Lines, the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
9-Day Salkantay Trek Peru Tour Package (Sky Lodge Dome) Includes:
- Lima – Cusco
- Cusco – Lima Airfare
Hotel Nights & Sky Lodges Domes ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu Includes:
- Salkantay Trek English Guide
- Cook in charge of all meals, Porters: To carry camping equipment, portable tables, and chairs, food, and kitchen/cooking equipment
- Salkantay Permit along with Entrance to Machupicchu, as well as porters/Horsemen permit.
- 02 Night in Sky Lodge Dome along the Salkantay Trek
- Private Bus to Challacancha (Trailhead),
- Return Tourist Expedition Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco.
- Meals Along the Salkantay Trek: Breakfast (03), Lunch (03), Dinner (03), Morning Snack (03), Afternoon Snack (03)
- Duffel bag and 7 kilos allowance for your personal belongings to be carried by horses
– CUSCO: 06 nights of Sky Lodge Domes accommodation
– AGUAS CALIENTES: 01 night Hotel
– LIMA: 01-night Hotel
– Lima Tours: / City Tour
Lima Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide
– Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
– Rainbow Mountain Tour: Includes Tourist bus, English Guide, Meals, Sky Lodge and Hike to Rainbow Mountain & Humantay Lake
Private Lima & Cuzco Airport Transfers
All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
9-Day Salkantay Trek Peru Tour Package (Sky Lodge Dome) Doesn’t Include:
- International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of your Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Meals : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles are US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) and can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
- The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico – Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
- Tips for the guides, porters, and other staff.
- Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels.
- Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, taxis, souvenirs, etc.
- We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: To Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Quechuas Expeditions hly recommend getting insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance, and emergency medical expense insurance. Quechuas Expeditions will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
- Any unexpected situations that occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at the passenger’s expense.
9-Day Salkantay Trek & Rainbow Mountain Trek Peru Tour Package (Prices for 2023 & 2024)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We won’t cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information, as well as a Deposit of 30%, and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$1800
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): From 04 Persons to 08 Persons (Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$2050
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Person Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in Cusco.
What you need to bring on Salkantay Trek:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also by in cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntetic sleeping bag
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
WHY Quechuas Expeditions We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
- Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
- We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
- Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
- Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
- The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet and plenty of food)
- The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
- Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
We are the Best Tour Operator in PERU
We are Inca Trail Operator
We are Local Tour Operator of the Inca Trail to Machupicchu, with no intermediaries or hidden prices; we have Local Guides experts and professionals.
Full Customer Support
From the moment we receive your message, we will assign you an expert travel specialist who will attend and customize every detail of your trip; we are Local Specialists
Tailor-Made Trips and tours, unique experiences for all our travelers; we design your next vacation in Peru to make it unique and unparalleled;
The best travel specialists
You will make your trip with local experts; we know the best routes and schedules in Peru; everything for unparalleled travel experiences
Our reputation at Tripadvisor
Thousands of travelers who know about the quality of our services are your guarantee of excellence and quality of tours. They recommend us
In all our tours, we are aware of the environment and the management of solid waste; we are responsible for our carbon footprint and respect for the flora and fauna