4 Day Salkantay Trek & Short Inca Trail to Machupicchu in Glamping Sky Lodge Dome
You can now go on a great tour through the snowy Salkantay to one of the New 7 Wonders of the Modern World – Machu Picchu.
National Geographic Adventure Magazine rated the Salkantay trek as one for the 25 Best Treks in the World.
Mount Salkantay (or Nevado Salkantay / Salcantay) is one of the most iconic mountains in the Cusco region and the highest mountain on the Vilcabamba Mountain range.
4 Days 3 Nights
3300 msnm - 4650 msnm
Trekking Nature & Culture
02 Min - 16 Max
Hikkers on the Salkantay trail spend a day approaching the mountain from the south and then another day in close proximity to the mountain as they scale the Salkantay Pass, which at 4,600m provides amazing views into the valley below. Salkantay trek of 4 days and 3 nights is a great adventure that will allow you to appreciate Andean and lush green mountains (Cloud forest), streams, rivers and hot springs that will help you relax your body after the physically taxing walk. You can also feel the temperature change along the hiking mountain paths of the tour of Salkantay. You can also enjoy some snow in one of the highest points of the road, 4,630 mts/15, 228 feet above sea level. Finally, the last day (the fifth day) you will enjoy the Grand tour of Machu Picchu City.
4 Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail Overview:
STARTING POINT: Pick-up from Cusco & Sacred Valley Hotel/Airbnb. From 4:30 am to 5:00 am
ENDING POINT: Drop-off in Cusco at Hotel/Airbnb 10:30 pm
DEPARTURE: Daily. If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as large group service). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco
HIKING DISTANCE: 35km
PHYSICAL LEVEL: Level 3. Salkantay Trek requires some physical preparation and we Also recommend to Aclimatize 2 days befor we begin the Salkantay Trek
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 4,630 m / 15,228 ft
TRANSPORTATION: Private Van/Bus to Challacancha (for our Passengers and staff) Tourist Expedition Train Round Trip from Ollantaytambo to km 104 and Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco
ACCOMMODATIONS: 1 night in Green Eco Dome ( Private Campsite of Domes at Soraypampa), 1 Night in Cusco, 1 night in the hotel (Aguas Calientes)
MEALS: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 2 tea times + wake-up teas
MACHUPICCHU & INCA TRAIL: Inca Trail Permits & Machupicchu entrance fee Included.
- Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha – Soraypampa
- Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pampa – Salkantay Pass – Soraypampa – Cusco
- Day 3: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – km 104 – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
4 Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail Highlights:
- Sleep in comfort under the stars in our Ecofriendly Sky Green Eco Domes located in private campsite at Soraypampa
- Day 1: Private Soraypampa Campsite at our Green Eco DOME
- Day 2: Aguas Calientes Hotel
- Day 3 Short Inca Trail & Machupicchu
- Visit Humantay Lake and Salkantay Lake
- Enjoy the scenic views of Salkantay Snow Mountain
- Make a small ritual for the Andean gods and learn about Incan religion
- Enjoy our friendly customer service and experienced top guides
- Eat delicious, freshly prepared Peruvian cuisine (Buffet Peruvian Style Food)
- Hike through the different types of landscapes and Sceneries, such as cloud forests, highlands, grassy hills, and Andean valleys
- Reach 4,600 meters (15,000 feet) in elevation along the Salkantay Pass
- Explore Machu Picchu and the surrounding area with expert and knowledgeable tour top guides
- Hike one of National Geographic’s 25 “World’s Best Treks”
Please, Note: We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go…
Please Note: For travellers who don’t have many days to hike, or for those who doesn’t feel fit enought to hike the Salkantay of 4 days. We have a great alternative salkantay trek and Humantay lake of 3 days conecting to machupicchu by train from ollantaytambo to aguas calientes. or salkantay and humantay lake 2 days sleeping in our domes.(Click here to see more info)
Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha – Salkantay – Humantay Lake – Soraypampa (Overnight in Glamping Sky Lodge Dome)
We pick you up from your hotel Between 4:30 a.m to 5:00am to drive for about 2 hours to Mollepata where we stop to have breakfast. Then we keep driving 1 hour to Challacancha where start our Salkantay trek. As soon as we are at Challacancha while you get ready to walk. The cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 3 hours will be a little bit uphill to get Soraypampa where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! After Lunch We will begin our Hike up to Humantay Lake, and hen back to Soraypampa our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow capped – mountain of Cusco.
1ST DAY: Total distance: 15 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 7- 8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Sakantay Lake – Soraypampa – Ollantaytambo (Overnight in Cusco)
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking about 6:30 am, because this day will take us 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here. After a rest and get a group picture, we will be back on the same path to Soraypampa where have lunch and relax then after we will take the bus back to Cusco
2ND DAY:Total distance: 11 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 5 – 6 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (aprox.)
Day 3: Cusco – Kilometer 104 Inca Trail Trailhead (Chachabamba) – Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
Transfer from the hotel to the train station. Train to KM 104. At this point we start trek for 3 hours approximately to the well preserved remains of the ruins of Wiñay Wayna (2900 mts. altitude). On the way we can see beautiful waterfalls. After lunch, we keep walking for about 2 more hours to get the sungate and then we go down to Machupicchu town (aguas calientes )
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
After breakfast we have an early start and we will walk for 1 hour and half to get one of the greatest archaeological discovery of modern times is revealed. machupicchu so get where the most beatiful spot is , the postcard site to take postcard pictures and the the guide will expalin you the story of machupicchu for about two hours an then you will get free to explore by yourself ( you can climb huaynapicchu mountain ( it takes one hour up and one hour down ). And the after you enjoy machupicchu ypu must be at Aguas Calientes station to take the train back to ollanta and bus back to cusco.
4 Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail to Machupicchu Includes:
- Private Tourist Transportation To Mollepata and Extra 1 hour minutes to get Challacancha better views and skip the dusty road. (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
- Private Transportation back from Soraypampa to Cusco and then Ollantaytambo/where we take the train to Aguas Calientes
- Expeditions Train From Ollantaytambo – km104(Short Inca Trail Trailhead) Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (Round Trip)
- Short Inca Trail Permits & Machupicchu Entrance fee and Visit of Machupicchu
- Hotel Overnight in Cusco & Aguas Calientes
- English – Spanish speaking guide for 4 days on Humantay Lake & Salkantay Trek.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English Second Guide Over 16 people Group
- 1 Night in Glamping Sky Dome at SORAYPAMPA CAMPSITE ( Twin bed room, Matrimonial bed room, 3 beds room, 4 beds room Accomodation)
- Day 1: Soraypampa Campsite at our Geodesic dome
- Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas Expeditions every month)
- Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
- Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
- Food service in the campsites & Local Restaurants (2 breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us!
- Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
- Insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
- Private Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
- First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the salkantay trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
- Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Trail)
- Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
- Pre trek Orientation – briefing A day before we do the Trek. (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!
4 Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail to Machupicchu Doesnt Include:
- Meals: Breakfast on Day 1 and Lunch on Day 4
- Salkantay Entrance Fee (20 soles)
DISCOUNTS (to apply discounts. Please send us an email at email@example.com)
UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD (Students must be below 25 years) : US$20. Please send us a a scanned copy of the student card at the time of booking.
- Under 17 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Under 12 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$10 per person. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Huaynapicchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$30 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- MachuPicchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$30 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train (First Class Train) (Includes Private Transportation From Ollantaytambo to Cusco) USUS$70
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person (Twin Bed room, 3 Beds room & 4 Beds Room with Private shower & Bathroom)
- A night in Cusco at our Quechuas Guesthouse: from US$20 per person / Twin Bed room (Before we do the tour/trek or after the tour/trek)
- Goose Down sleeping bag (Mummy style): US$30 for the entire trip
- (Black Dimond) Walking Poles Rubber Tips Included: US$20 for the entire trip
- Day Pack 20 – 30 liters (Rain cover included): US$15 for the entire trip
BRIEFING for all our treks is a Night before we do the trek at 6:30pm in our office, But if you want us to come to your Hotel let us know in advance.(You will get a chance to meet you guide and as well as to give you your duffel bags)
STORAGE Most Hotels have storage where you can leave the rest of your stuff while you hike to Machupicchu, But if they dont have a place you can leave your stuff in our storage with no extra cost. (Let us know at the time of briefing)
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go…
4 Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail to Machupicchu (Prices for 2022 & 2023)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We wont Cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information as well as a Deposit of 30% and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$680
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): From 04 Persons to 08 Persons (Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$780
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Persons Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
What you need to bring on Salkantay Trek:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also by in cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntetic sleeping bag
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Frequently Asked Questions
We are the Best Tour Operator in PERU
We are Inca Trail Operator
We are Local Tour Operator of the Inca Trail to Machupicchu, with no intermediaries or hidden prices; we have Local Guides experts and professionals.
Full Customer Support
From the moment we receive your message, we will assign you an expert travel specialist who will attend and customize every detail of your trip; we are Local Specialists
Tailor-Made Trips and tours, unique experiences for all our travelers; we design your next vacation in Peru to make it unique and unparalleled;
The best travel specialists
You will make your trip with local experts; we know the best routes and schedules in Peru; everything for unparalleled travel experiences
Our reputation at Tripadvisor
Thousands of travelers who know about the quality of our services are your guarantee of excellence and quality of tours. They recommend us
In all our tours, we are aware of the environment and the management of solid waste; we are responsible for our carbon footprint and respect for the flora and fauna