4 Day Salkantay Trek & Short Inca Trail Sky Lodge Dome
4 Day Salkantay Trek & Short Inca Trail Sky Lodge Dome
4-Day Salkantay Trek & Short Inca Trail to Machupicchu in Glamping Sky Lodge Dome
You can now go on a great tour through the snowy Salkantay to one of the New 7 Wonders of the Modern World – Machu Picchu.
National Geographic Adventure Magazine rated the Salkantay trek as one of the 25 Best Treks in the World.
Mount Salkantay (or Nevado Salkantay / Salcantay) is one of the most iconic mountains in the Cusco region and the highest mountain in the Vilcabamba Mountain range.
4 Days 3 Nights
3300 msnm - 4650 msnm
Trekking Nature & Culture
02 Min - 16 Max
Hikers, on the Salkantay trail spend a day approaching the mountain from the south and then another day in close proximity to the mountain as they scale the Salkantay Pass, which at 4,600m provides amazing views into the valley below. The Salkantay trek of 4 days and 3 nights is a great adventure that will allow you to appreciate Andean and lush green mountains (Cloud forest), streams, rivers and hot springs that will help you relax your body after the physically taxing walk. You can also feel the temperature change along the hiking mountain paths of the tour of Salkantay. You can also enjoy some snow in one of the highest points of the road, 4,630 mts/15, 228 feet above sea level. Finally, on the last day (the fifth day) you will enjoy the Grand tour of Machu Picchu City.
4-Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail Overview:
STARTING POINT: Pick-up from Cusco & Sacred Valley Hotel/Airbnb. From 4:30 am to 5:00 am
ENDING POINT: Drop-off in Cusco at Hotel/Airbnb 10:30 pm
DEPARTURE: Daily. If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as a large group service). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in Cusco
HIKING DISTANCE: 35km
PHYSICAL LEVEL: Level 3. Salkantay Trek requires some physical preparation and we also recommend to Aclimatize 2 days before we begin the Salkantay Trek
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 4,630 m / 15,228 ft
TRANSPORTATION: Private Van/Bus to Challacancha (for our Passengers and staff) Tourist Expedition Train Round Trip from Ollantaytambo to km 104 and Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco
ACCOMMODATIONS: 1 night in Green Eco Dome ( Private Campsite of Domes at Soraypampa), 1 Night in Cusco, 1 night in the hotel (Aguas Calientes)
MEALS: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 2 tea times + wake-up teas
MACHUPICCHU & INCA TRAIL: Inca Trail Permits & Machupicchu entrance fee Included.
- Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha – Soraypampa
- Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pampa – Salkantay Pass – Soraypampa – Cusco
- Day 3: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – km 104 – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
4-Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail Highlights:
- Sleep in comfort under the stars in our Eco-friendly Sky Green Eco Domes located in a private campsite at Soraypampa
- Day 1: Private Soraypampa Campsite at our Green Eco DOME
- Day 2: Aguas Calientes Hotel
- Day 3 Short Inca Trail & Machupicchu
- Visit Humantay Lake and Salkantay Lake
- Enjoy the scenic views of Salkantay Snow Mountain
- Make a small ritual for the Andean gods and learn about the Incan religion
- Enjoy our friendly customer service and experienced top guides
- Eat delicious, freshly prepared Peruvian cuisine (Buffet Peruvian Style Food)
- Hike through the different types of landscapes and Sceneries, such as cloud forests, highlands, grassy hills, and Andean valleys
- Reach 4,600 meters (15,000 feet) in elevation along the Salkantay Pass
- Explore Machu Picchu and the surrounding area with expert and knowledgeable tour top guides
- Hike one of National Geographic’s 25 “World’s Best Treks”
Please, Note: We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures are 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled-out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go…
Please Note: For travellers who don’t have many days to hike, or for those who don’t feel fit enough for to hike the Salkantay of 4 days. We have a great alternative salkantay trek and Humantay lake of 3 days conecting to machupicchu by train from ollantaytambo to aguas calientes.Salkantayntay and humantay ltravelersake 2 days sleeping in our domes.(Click here to see more info)
Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha – Salkantay – Humantay Lake – Soraypampa (Overnight in Glamping Sky Lodge Dome)
We pick you up from your hotel Between 4:30 a.m. to 5:00am to drive for about 2 hours to Mollepata at 5:00 amwhere we stop to have breakfast. Then we keep driving for 1 hour to Challacancha where start our Salkantay trek. As soon as we are at Challacancha while you get ready to walk. The cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 3 hours will be a little bit uphill to get to Soraypampa where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! After Lunchwhere We will begin our Hike up to Humantay Lake, and then back to Soraypampa our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow-capped, – a mountain of Cusco.
1ST DAY: Total distance: 15 km (approx.)
Estimated walking time: 7- 8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (approx.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (approx.)
Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Sakantay Lake – Soraypampa – Ollantaytambo (Overnight in Cusco)
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking at about 6:30 am, because this day will take us 4 hours uphill to get to the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here. After a rest and getting a group picture, we will be back on the same path to Soraypampa where have lunch and relax then after we will take the bus back to Cusco
2ND DAY: Total distance: 11 km (approx.)
Estimated walking time: 5 – 6 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,650 m (approx.)
Day 3: Cusco – Kilometer 104 Inca Trail Trailhead (Chachabamba) – Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
Transfer from the hotel to the train station. Train to KM 104. At this point, we start trekking for 3 hours approximately to the well-preserved remains of the ruins of Wiñay Wayna (2900 mts. altitude). On the way, we can see beautiful waterfalls. After lunch, we keep walking for about 2 more hours to get the sungate and then we go down to Machupicchu town (aguas calientes )
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
After breakfast, we have an early start and we will walk for 1 hour and a beautiful half to get one of the greatest archaeological discoveries beautiful half of modern times is revealed. Machupicchu so gets where the most beatiful spot is, the postcard site to take postcard pictures and the guide will explain to you the story of Machupicchu for about two hours and then you will get free to explore by yourself ( you can climb huaynapicchu mountain ( it takes one hour up and one hour down ). And then after you enjoy Machupicchu you must be at Aguas Calientes station to take the train back to Ollanta and the bus back to Cusco
4 Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail to Machupicchu Includes:
- Private Tourist Transportation To Mollepata and an Extra 1 hour to get to Challacancha. better views and skip the dusty road. (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
- Private Transportation back from Soraypampa to Cusco and then Ollantaytambo/where we take the train to Aguas Calientes
- Expeditions Train From Ollantaytambo – km 104(Short Inca Trail Trailhead) Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (Round Trip)
- Short Inca Trail Permits & Machupicchu Entrance fee and Visit of Machupicchu
- Hotel Overnight in Cusco & Aguas Calientes
- English – Spanish speaking guide for 4 days on Humantay Lake & Salkantay Trek.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English Second Guide Over 16 people Group
- 1 Night in Glamping Sky Dome at SORAYPAMPA CAMPSITE ( Twin bedroom, Matrimonial bedroom, 3 beds room, 4 beds room Accommodation)
- Day 1: Soraypampa Campsite at our Geodesic dome
- Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas Expeditions every month)
- Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
- Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
- Food service in the campsites & Local Restaurants (2 breakfastsDoesn’t, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us!
- Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
- Insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
- Private Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hour’s drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
- First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Salkantay trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
- Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Trail)
- Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
- Pre trek Orientation – briefing A day before we do the Trek. (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!
4 Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail to Machupicchu Doesnt Include:
- Meals: Breakfast on Day 1 and Lunch on Day 4
- Salkantay Entrance Fee (20 soles)
DISCOUNTS (to apply discounts. Please send us an email at email@example.com)
UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD (Students must be below 25 years): US$20. Please send us a scanned copy of the student card at the time of booking.
- Under 17 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 12 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$10 per person. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Huaynapicchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$90 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- Machu Picchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$90 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train (First Class Train) (Includes Private Transportation From Ollantaytambo to Cusco) USUS$70
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person (Twin BedroomBedroom, 3 Beds room & 4 Beds Room with Private shower & Bathroom)
- A night in Cusco at our Quechuas Guesthouse: from US$30 per person / Twin Bed room (Before we do the tour/trek or after the tour/trek)
- Goose Down sleeping bag (Mummy style): US$30 for the entire trip
- (Black Dimond) Walking Poles Rubber Tips Included: US$20 for the entire trip
- Day Pack 20 – 30 liters (Rain cover included): US$15 for the entire trip
BRIEFING for all our treks is a Night before we do the trek at 6:30 pm in our office, But if you want us to come to your Hotel let us know in advance.(You will get a chance to meet you guide and as well as to give you your duffel bags)
STORAGE Most Hotels have storage where you can leave the rest of your stuff while you hike to Machupicchu, But if they don’t have a place you can leave your stuff in our storage at no extra cost. (Let us know at the time of briefing)
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures are 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled-out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go…
4-Day Salkantay & Short Inca Trail to Machupicchu (Prices for 2023 & 2024)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We won’t cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information, as well as a Deposit of 30%, and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$680
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): From 04 Persons to 08 Persons (Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$780
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Person Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in Cusco.
What you need to bring on Salkantay Trek:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the Inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swimwear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *Zipp off
- 1 pair of hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommended)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also buy in Cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntheticheadlight sleeping bag
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band-Aidsdiarrhea, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
We are the Best Tour Operator in PERU
We are Inca Trail Operator
We are Local Tour Operator of the Inca Trail to Machupicchu, with no intermediaries or hidden prices; we have Local Guides experts and professionals.
Full Customer Support
From the moment we receive your message, we will assign you an expert travel specialist who will attend and customize every detail of your trip; we are Local Specialists
Tailor-Made Trips and tours, unique experiences for all our travelers; we design your next vacation in Peru to make it unique and unparalleled;
The best travel specialists
You will make your trip with local experts; we know the best routes and schedules in Peru; everything for unparalleled travel experiences
Our reputation at Tripadvisor
Thousands of travelers who know about the quality of our services are your guarantee of excellence and quality of tours. They recommend us
In all our tours, we are aware of the environment and the management of solid waste; we are responsible for our carbon footprint and respect for the flora and fauna