Day 01: Arrive Lima & Lima City Tour (Overnight in Hotel Lima).
Day 02: Arrive Cusco & Cusco City Tour (Overnight in Hotel Cusco).
Day 03: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros (Overnight in Hotel Cusco).
Days 04: Start Ausangate Trek (Camping).
Day 05: Ausangate Trek (Camping)
Day 06: Ausangate Trek (Camping)
Day 07: Arrive Machupicchu (Overnight In Hotel Cusco)
Day 08: Travel to Cusco to Puno visiting Andahuaylillas, Inca temple of raqchi, pucara our way (Overnight in Hotel Puno).
Day 09: Visit the beautiful island of Uros and Amantani on Lake Titicaca (Overnight Amantani Island homestay).
Day 10: Island Visits – Taquile Island (Overnight in Hotel Puno)
Day 11: Transfer Hotel to Airport or Terminal (End of the Service)
DAY 1: Arrive Lima/City Tour (Overnight Hotel in Lima)
Arrive in Lima and transfer to your hotel. If arriving during the day, your hotel will be in the neighborhood of Miraflores, with good shopping and restaurants, and you’ll have an included city tour in the afternoon. If arriving late at night, you’ll be close to the airport for a bit more to sleep before your next day’s flight.
DAY 2: Arrive Cusco City Tour (Overnight Hotel in Cusco)
Upon arrival to Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulating for the height, will have the free morning to rest and also we suggest you have a light lunch in either your hotel or in one of the surrounded; in the afternoon we will depart on a City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main square, Cathedral, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q’enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, tour finishes 6:30pm approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight. (No meals included)
Day 3: Machu Picchu & Cuzco Full Day.
We take a bus from cusco to Ollantaytambo and then we take the train to Aguas Calientes as soon as we arrive we take a bus up to Machupicchu and then you will get 2 hours guided tour andafter free time to explore by yourself in Machu Picchu santuary or climb huaynapicchu Mountain . after you have enjoyed Machupicchu you have to go down to Aguas calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then Bus back to cusco.
Day 4: Cusco-Ocongate-Tinki-Upis
Private transportation from Cusco. The road goes toward Puno, past the Wari site of Pikillacta ruins and the colonial towns of Andahuaylillas and Huaro (we may spend some time visiting them) afterwards a road starts winding its way up hill until we reach small villages with shepherds and weavers in the highland puna. In the afternoon the Vilcanota Range will loom in the distance with Ausangate and ColqeCruz mountains dominating the landscape.
The trail starts crossing the puna or highland meadow approaching the base of the impressive Ausangate with amazing views of the rolling landscape. Continuing the hike, the trail take you up through the andean villages still traditional in many of their customs and habits. Camp at Upis with a chance to enjoy the thermal baths.
Day 5: Upis-Pucacocha-Laguna Ausangate
Ascending the slopes we cross over the pass at 4,500 mts. (14,760ft) and make our way to lake Pucacocha for lunch with the western ice-fall of Ausangate mountain dominating the view of this campsite. After lunch we head up to Apacheta pass 4700mts( and afterwards make our way down to Ausangate lake. From tonight camp you can appreciate just why Ausangate has for centuries commanded so much reverence for the local people.
Day 6: Pucacocha-Palomani-Finaya (Soraycucho)
We cross the highest pass on our trip at Palomani (4,800mts) (15,744ft), with a spectacular view of the southeastern ridge of Mount Ausangate. Camp at Soraycucho
Day 7: Soraycucho-Pacchanta-Cusco
We circle northwest over Ticllacocha Lagoon and over the last Pass 4,650m (12,250ft) reaching the small meadow of Pacchaspata, or the shores of lake Q’omercocha Camp for lunch. Today the route is littered with natural beauty; like: deep valleys, alpacas, llamas, and vicuñas being kept in their original natural environment, and if lucky the rare Andean condor will be seen. The trail descends towards the village of Pacchanta where for enthusiasts, thermal baths are available. After lunch we return home.
DAY 8: Cusco to Puno Stopping along (Overnight Hotel in Puno)
Bus ride from Cusco to Puno (With stops) leaving cusco at 7:00 am arriving to puno at 5:00 pm) and exploring places which are shown below.
ANDAHUAYLILLAS: It is named the “Sixtine Chapel of America” and in some sense the comparison examples of the Andean popular religious art. The church of Andahuayliaas is a jewerly of the mestizo baroque architecture that developed in Cusco. Its nave presents profuse decoration, especially in the celling decorated with carved panels which is a recover with pan de oro (type of gold decoration).
RAQCHI (Temple of Wiracocha God): To 121 Km of Cusco, it was an Inca church of monumental dimensions: 100 meters of length by 26 meters of wide and 14 meters of height; the temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows basics of 11 giant columns. The bases of the church are bulit perfectly carving stones continued with adobe. It is aprpreciated besides qolqas or granary places of military order, religious, Inka between others.
LA RAYA: Media point in the rout of Cusco – Puno. It is the highest part, it has 4335 meters above sea level, we can appreciate beautiful landscapes, llamas and vivuÃ±as, geographic union between two cultures quechua and aymara, we can see the Altiplano arid and dry union with the quechua zone with rivers and valleys.
PUKARA: It is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the Altiplano, preceding to tiahunaco, characterized by a series oh echelon platforms ceremonial center. It’s also possible to appreciate interesting litosculptures, trails or tomb stone of intriguing personage that seems to show evidence of a brave civilization. here is where it was discovered the origins of the Andean culture in the Altiplano.
Day 09: Floating Island of Uros and Amantani island (Overnight at Amantani Island Homestay)
After breakfast, we will take a two-hour motor boat excursion on the waters of Lake Titicaca, which straddles the border of Peru and Bolivia, to the unique floating “islands” of the Uros. These ancient inhabitants of the lake, known as the Water Tribe, have built their own “islands” by periodically adding new layers of a type of reed unique to the area called “totora”. Their homes and boats are also made of this material. There are over forty of these islands, which have strategic defenses such as watch towers just in case!
Then it is on to Amantani Island, which is inhabited by over 3,000 Quechua-speaking natives, still governed by their ancient traditions, whose main occupations are the production of ceramics and textiles. You can explore the Inca and Tiahuanco archaeological remains on the island. The positive energy here is so powerful, you have an almost panoramic view of the lake and you will not want to miss the sunset and sunrise either.
Lunch is a simple affair provided by us before staying overnight at the house of a local islander, to enjoy the hospitality of a typical Amantani home.
DAY 10: Taquile Island to Puno port (Overnight in Hotel Puno)
After a good breakfast, you will visit Taquile island, a narrow, long and quite hilly island, of approximately 15 square kilometers, which was once used as a prison when it belonged to the Spanish. You will meet its inhabitants and admire their colorful textile fabrics, which has been their staple trade since time immemorial. Here you can also enjoy a highly scenic trek, followed by lunch in a local restaurant. Then you will back to puno port at 5:00pm.
Day 11: Transfer to Juliaca Airport or Terminal (End of the Service)
Breakfast and according time, transportation will be provided to go the airport (B). END OF THE SERVICE.
Add on the Nazca Lines, the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS INCLUDES:
– Lima – Cusco
– Juliaca – Lima Airfare
Ausangate Trek 4/D 3/N
(Group size 02 to 06 ppl average; Max 08 person)
– Ausangate Trek English Guide
– Cook in charge of all meal, Horses: To carry camping equipment, portable table and chairs, food, and kitchen/cooking equipment
– Horses: To carry duffle bags, passenger Self-inflating Therm-a-rest mattresses (07 kilos per passenger)
– Entrance to Ausangate Park
– Camping Equipment 4 season tent(04ppl tent for 02ppl) & Self-inflating Therm-a-rest mattresses
– Private Bus to Mollepata where start the trek, and Private Transportation back to Cusco.
– Meals: Breakfast (03), Lunch (03), Dinner (03), Morning Snack (03), Afternoon Snack (03)
– Entrance to Machupicchu
– Tourist Expedition Train(Round Trip) From Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
– Bus Up & Down(From Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
– English Speaking Guide in Machupichu (02 & half hours Guided tour)
– Tourist Return Bus From Ollantaytambo – Cusco Hotel.
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
– LIMA: 01 night of hotel accommodation
– CUSCO: 03 nights of hotel accommodation
– PUNO: 02 nights of hotel accommodation
– AUSANGATE TREK: 02 nights of Camping
– AMANTANI ISLAND: 01 night of Homestay
Cusco Tours: / City Tour
– City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
– 2/Days Days Lake Titicaca Islands Tour(Includes: Motorized boat, Guide, Meals: Lunch (01) Entrance fee to the islands: Uros & Taquile)
– Homestay at Amantani island
– Bus Cusco to Puno that includes: Transportation, Entrance fee, Guide, Food.
– Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
– All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS DOESNT INCLUDE:
– International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
– All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
– Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
– Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
– Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
– The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico – Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
– Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
– Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels.
– Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
– Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
– We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Quechuas Expeditions will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies)
• Travel insurance (and some copies)
• Airline tickets (and some copies)
• US$ cash and travellers cheques
• Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
• Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
• Camera and films
• Rechargeable batteries and adapters
• Reading/writing material
• Cover for backpacks
• Fleece top
• Windproof/waterproof jacket
• Small towel and swim wear
• Sun hat
• 2 pairs of shorts
• 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
• 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
• Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
• Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
• Sport hiking sandals
• Sun block
• Toiletries (biodegradable)
• Watch or alarm clock
• Water bottle
• Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
• Flashlight (head light recommended)
• Money belt
• Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
• Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
• Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
• Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
• Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
• Thermal underwear
• Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
[tabby title=”Prices & Availability”]
Whilst we expect that the tour will run as per the itinerary, participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes being necessary subject to local conditions eg. strikes and natural disaster these changes may be at the discretion of your tour company.
Please, Note: All our Tours in Cusco & Lima are (Small Groups 02-06ppl – 08ppl Maximum) We are not going to pass you onto a Big Rushed Tour Groups. What most agencies do here.
We want you to have a Memorable Lifetime Trip!
and if you choose Bed & Breakfast you will stay in our Quechuas Guesthouse Homestay. Private rooms with private shower and bathroom (in cusco only) and includes Shuttle transportation to go to the town square.(Please a detailed page of Quechuas Guesthouse above)
Double Room, Matrimonial(Twin Beds Room) Occupancy. Shared Group Service
Prices shown Below are per person, based on Twin bed room occupancy and in US$ Dollars.
If you are a group over 06 people let us know to give you a discount
Bed & Breakfast – Hostel/ US$1870
3 Stars Hotel/ US$1970
4 Stars Hotel/ Upon Request
5 Stars Hotel/ Upon Request
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
3-star la Faraona (Miraflores), El Carmel (Miraflores),Casa Andina (Miraflores), Best Western Embajadores Hotel or similar.
4-star San Agustin Exclusive or Sol de Oro (Casa Andina Select Miraflores opening May 2011)
5-star Casa Andina PC, Radisson Decapolis or similar.
Airport Ramada Costa del Sol airport hotel.
Deluxe Miraflores Park Plaza (Orient Express), JW Marriott, Lima Country Club or similar.
3-star Casa Andina Ciudad Blanca or similar.
4-star Posada del Inca Arequipa, Cabildo or similar.
5-star Libertador Arequipa, Casa Andina Private Collection or similar.
B&B Quechuas Guesthouse(Homestay)
B&B- El Virrey, Amaru I, El Triunfo
3-star Mirador Apu Hotel, Casona Real Cusco, Hatun Wasi or Similar
3-star Casa Andina Classic, San Agustin El Dorado, similar.
4-star Costa del Sol Picoaga, Novotel, Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen available) or similar.
5-star Casa Cartagena, Libertador, or Suite at the Casa Andina Private Collection inc. oxygen, matrimonial beds only, or similar.
Deluxe Monasterio (Orient Express), Inkaterra La Casona or similar.
Machu Picchu (AGUAS CALIENTES) (HOTEL)
B&B- Pumas Inn, Sumaq Muyurina
3-star La cabaña, El MaPi (ex Machu Picchu Inn), Machupicchu Green Nature, Intipunku or similar.
4-star Hatuchay Tower or similar; includes dinner at Hatuchay Tower.
5-star Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo, Sumaq Machu Picchu or similar.
Deluxe Sanctuary Lodge (Orient Express – includes all meals), or Suite at the Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo.
PUNO (Lake Titicaca) (HOTEL)
3-star Casa Andina Plaza, Puñuypampa Inn or similar.
4-star Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen available), Sonesta Posadas del Inca or similar.
5-star Libertador Lago Titicaca or Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen inc) or similar.
Deluxe 1 night Deluxe hotel. Hotel Titilaka. Includes accommodation in a Dawn Suite; choice of excursions in and around Titicaca Lake with bilingual (Spanish and English) guide; all meals.
ISLAND OF THE SUN (HOTEL)
Standard Posada del Inca Eco Lodge, Inca Utama or similar
LA PAZ (HOTEL)
3-star Rosario or similar.
4-star Rey Palace or similar.
5-star Radisson Plaza, Europa or similar.
COLCA CANYON (HOTEL)
3-star Pozo del Cielo or similar.
4-star Casa Andina or similar.
5-star Libertador Colca Lodge or similar
Deluxe 1 night deluxe accommodations (individual casitas) in Orient Express Casitas del Colca. Includes: Buffet Breakfast A la carte lunch A la carte dinner Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages excluding premium alcoholic brands and special wines Full Mini-bar A la carte activities such as Peruvian Paso horse riding, hiking tours, painting lessons, fly fishing lessons, cooking lessons and pisco sour lessons. 10% service charge
3-star Casa Andina or similar.
4-star Nazca Lines or similar.
3 Star Hotel La Posada del Emancipador or similar
4 Star La Hacienda Bahia Paracas or similar
5 Star Doubletree Guest Suite (weekend rate w/ view of pool) or similar
Deluxe Hotel Paracas (Garden View) or similar
[tabby title=”Why Quechuas”]
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
[tabby title=”Book Now”]