Lares Trek to Machupicchu 4 Days and 3 Nights
FIRST LARES TREK DAY: CUSCO – CALCA – AGUAS TERMALES LARES – HUACAWASI
We leave from Cusco early in the morning by bus and travel through the Sacred Valley arriving to the lares valley where will find some natural hot spring of lares community and spend the morning in the medicinal hot springs, after our lunch we keep going 4 hours walk to get the first camping spot of huacahuasi
1ST DAY:Total distance: 12 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 4 – 5 hours
Maximum altitude point: 3,800 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,800 m (aprox.)
SECOND LARES TREK DAY: WACAWASI – IPSAYCOCHA
After continuing up through the lares valley, we arrive to the community of Huacawasi. People here produce some of the finest weavings in Peru. Here, we can observe their great skills and brilliant techniques in the fabrication of ponchos and other garments. Passing the village we begin climbing up to Condor Pass, the second of the trip at 4300m.. From here, we catch a stunning view of the renowned Mount Veronica (5750m.) Descending gently for about one hour, we come to the beautiful Ipsaycocha Lake close to patacancha , our last campsite.
2ND DAY:Total distance: 15 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 7 – 8 hours
Maximum altitude point: 4,400 m (aprox.)
Campsite altitude: 3,850 m (aprox.)
THIRD LARES TREK DAY: IPSAYCOCHA – PATACANCHA – WYLLOQ – PUMAMARKA – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
Today our lares trail leads downhill to an overlook facing a wide valley. Descending into the valley, we eventually arrive to the community of willoc where we have lunch, from here takes two hours to arrive to Pumamarka and enjoy the inca terraces, finally we arrive to Ollantaytambo. Situated in a fertile river valley and sheltered by mammoth mountains, this ancient Inca village is considered one of the most important living museums in the world. This is a perfect place to appreciate the vast archeological remains and a wide variety of flowers and birds species. The group takes the train at 4:50 pm or 6.00 pm see below please the timetable of the train .from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and spends the night there in a comfortable hotel
3RD DAY:Total distance: 12 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 5 – 6 hours
Maximum altitude point: 1,600 m (aprox.)
Hostel( aguas calientes) altitude: 1,900 m (aprox.)
FOURTH LARES TREK DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU
After an early breakfast, we start walking up to Machupicchu to be the first one (1 and half hours) or we can take the bus up to Machu picchu ( 30 minutes up) and bus leaves at 5:30am. once we are there we register and start on our 3 hours guided visit. After enjoying Machupicchu, we will walk down or take the bus down to Aguas Calientes where you will have free time to enjoy hot springs have a lunch before we return to Ollantaytambo and then Bus back to cusco.
4TH DAY:Total distance: 4 km (aprox.)
Estimated walking time: 1 – 2 hours
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (aprox.)
LUXURY LARES TREK TO MACHUPICCHU INCLUDES:
– PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION/ Private Tourist transportation Cusco – Lares Valley (The Trailhead) (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs) and Please, Note. we always use the same tourist transportation for our porters. we wont send them by an unconfortable truck as most do here.
– FIRST CLASS VISTADOME TRAIN ROUND TRIP TICKET (From ollantaytambo to aguas calientes)
– PROFFESIONAL GUIDES/ English – Spanish speaking guide for 4 days of the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English
– Two person tents (4-people capacity tent used as doubles – EUREKA TENTS) 4 season tent Aluminium poles Tents– MASTER CHEFFS/Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas Expeditions every month)
– Massage Session during the 2 nights at our Campsites
– Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months) Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
– Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
– Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
– MEALS/GOURMET Food service in the campsites (3 breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
– Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
– Two person Dome with Beds and Blanquets
– Portering Service/Horse and Horseman. 20 kilos for Personal stuff. We Never overload the horses.
– Extra Horse to ride and horseman to control the horse
– LARES AND MACHUPICCHU PERMITS AND ADMISION TICKETS/Lares and Machupicchu Permits & entrance fees as well as all the porters and cooks valid for 4 days as well as insurance policy of life for all our staff.
– Machu Picchu or Huaynapicchu mountain pass on day 4 (based on availability)
– Last lunch at Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes Restaurant.
– Visit to Machu Picchu on the 4th day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
– Bus up and down from Aguas calientes to Machupicchu day 4 as well as for your guide.
– Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our porters and horsemen as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment and all of them are limited to carry 20kg only).
– Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
– First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Salkantay Trek) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
– Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the salkantay)
– Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
– Duffel bags for your personal stuff (we will provide at the briefing time)
– A pair of Walking Poles (Black diomond)
– Sleeping Bag if requires
– Pre trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
– Single Tents upon request with no extra cost.
– Water for Driking(Mineral Water): we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time.
– Camping shower at every campsite,
– Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!)
– All Beverage( Wine, solf drinks, champagne and other surprise things)
– Portable Toilet Tent and Biodegradable Toilet
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things which are Included
– Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don’t have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.
– Quechuas Expeditions Detailed Page of Camping Equipment, Food and other important things:
– Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL DOESNT INCLUDE: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
– Tips (optional)
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
– Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
– Travel Insurance card is essential
– Sleeping bag (not included)
– Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
– Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
– Sun hat and gloves
– T-shirts / shirts
– Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
– Rain pants
– Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
– Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
– Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
– Water bottle.
– Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
– Toilet paper and wet wipes
– Personal medication
– Camera and films
– Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
– Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
– Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Quechuas Expeditions offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
LARES TREK (FAQs)Frequently Asked Questions
LARES TREK LUXURY SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE UPON REQUEST) 4/Days 2018 – 2019 and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as:
01 person group / US$6200 –
02 persons group / US$3900 per person
03 persons group / US$3300 per person
04 persons group / US$2900 per person
05 persons group / US$2700 per person
06-8 persons group / US$2500 per person
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
We just finished out Machu Picchu with this company. -Food = 4/5 -Trekking guide = 1/5 ( don't give us any information on any attraction points. I just compare... read more
We did the 4D/3N Inca Trail with Quechuas Expeditions and with the trekking everything went perfectly. We (two girls) booked a group ticket but found out that it will be... read more
This company is poorly managed. We booked Salkantay with them on May2019. We saw good rating and they do have this nice dome but it’s all overrated. Firstly,... read more