Huchuy Qosqo Machupicchu 3D/2N
Ecological Sustainable Adventure Travel Tours
Quechuas Expeditions Authorized Inca Trail Adventure Tour Operator
Under Local Mountain-Jungle & Cultural Multilingual Guides Management
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS Highly Recommended By:
SOUTH AMERICAN EXPLORERS / LONELY PLANET / FROMMERS / NYTIMES / TRIP ADVISOR / REAL TRAVELERS REVIEWS.
1.-QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS GROUP TOP QUALITY SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE 02 Min - 08 Max) our most popular trek and offers to visitors the most economical method to trek the Inca Trail and alternative Inca Trails to Machu Picchu. you'll be joining a group of other hikkers like you coming from overseas, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
REAL TRAVELLERS REVIEWS OF
Huchuy Qosqo Machupicchu 3D/2N
Huchuy Qosqo Trek To Machupicchu
FIRST DAY: Cusco, Tambomachay / Pumamarca
Pick up from the Hotel at 06:00, transfer to the heading to the archeological site of Tambomachay; the hike will start at this point, and will continue through puna landscapes and over the Sicllaccasa pass (4020m/13186ft). We hike along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where we encounter archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cacti. We continue on to the Queullococha pass (4185m/13727ft), surrounding the area in spectacular views stand the Veronica, Pitusiray and Chicon snow peaks. We hike past the Queullococha Lake, where we may see huallatas, ducks and small fish to then climb towards the Challu Challu pass (4220m/13842ft). From this point, we observe the Chinchero plains and the Piuray and Qoricocha lagoons. We then ascend towards the fourth pass at Rumicruz (4230m/13874ft). We then make our way to the Inca rock quarry (4220m/13842ft), which was the place from where the rocks were extracted to build Huchuy Qosqo. We descend towards the Pucamarca community (4010m/13153ft), where we arrive in the afternoon. Here we dine and camp through the night.
SECOND DAY: Huchuy Qosqo / Ollantaytambo / Train to Aguas Calientes
After breakfast; we leave at 07:00 our camping place to continue to Huchuy Qosqo. Walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where we find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at (3600m/11808ft). Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center, from which we enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River. After explanation we start to walk around two hours to the next point (4200m/13776ft), going down around two hours until arrive to Taucca, where we have the lunch place, from here we take our private transport drives to Ollantaytambo train station where we catch the train to Aguas Calientes, spend the night in a nice Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
THIRD DAY: Visit Machu Picchu full day / Back to Cusco
Breakfast at your hotel; full day Excursion to Machu Picchu, early transfer to the Bus Stop for the short ride (25 minutes) up to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Upon arrival, you will participate in a guided tour of the Citadel, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial (the most important preserved Intihuatana), the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, houses, warehouses, a large central square; and all connected by narrow roads and steps that are surrounded by terraces cut into the mountain side. After the tour you'll have time to stroll around the Archaeological Site at your leisure.
Opportunity to walk (approx 1 hour) up to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) or climb to the top of Wayna Picchu, with a magnificent view of the whole Sanctuary, return in the afternoon by train to Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
Note: All itineraries are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control including, weather, road or trail conditions and flight schedules.
HUCHUY QOSQO INCLUDES:
• Pre-departure Huchuy Qosqo briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
• Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking Huchuy Qosqo tour guide
• Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 4:30 to 5:00 am
• Private Transportation to Tambomachay or Qorao. start point.
• Round Trip Tourist train (cerrojo-backpacker ) Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
• Entrance fee to Machu picchu
• Food: *2 breakfasts,2 lunches, 2 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 2 dinners (click here to see a sample of quechuas expeditions food)
• 4 seasons HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain Hardwear & kayla Doite Tents )(We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks (click here to see details of quechuas expeditions Camping Equipment)
• Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portable chairs and tables )
• THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort.)(click here to see details of quechuas expeditions Camping Equipment)
• Cook who is in charge of making the food,
• Horses, horseman or porters (they carry cooking stuff, camping equipment and 6 kilos of passenger's stuff )
• Health Insurance for our porters, cooks,guides, field crew and Quechuas Expeditions staff
• 1 night accommodation in a hostel Aguas Calientes (click here to see the hostal in aguas calientes town)
• Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
• Quechuas Expeditions Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
• Oxygen balloon for any emergency
• Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
• Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
• Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary).
• Single Tents and vegetarian meals available upon request with no extra cost
• Free "I survived " T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
• Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
• First Aid kit for Emergencies.
• Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.
Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Quechuas Expeditions office.
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 14:00 and being the 9:00 pm the last train. quechuas expeditions will organize the transport back to Cusco (by taxi or by bus).
Please Note: train times are subject to change depending on Peru rail click here to see timestable and availability.If organized in advance, the train can be upgraded to Vistadome (larger windows than the backpaker cerrojo train to ollantaytambo ) for an increased price.of US$ 60 let us know please.
HUCHUY QOSQO DOESN'T INCLUDE:
• Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
• Entrance to the hot springs water Aguas Calientes 10 soles (click here to see hot springs)
• Sleeping bag (goose down) -15ºC-extreme it can be hired from us US$20 for all trek mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 25 trips
• Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu (optional/ instead of walking) ( one way US$8 and you can Buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station) aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
• Last Lunch in aguas calientes town
• Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$8 one way
• Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON HUCHUY QOSQO:
• Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
• Travel Insurance card is essential
• Sleeping bag (not included)
• hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
• Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
• Sun hat and gloves
• T-shirts / shirts
• Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
• Rain pants
• Bathing suit (for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
• Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
• Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
• Water bottle.
• Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
• Toilet paper and wet wipes
• Personal medication
• Camera and films
• Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
• Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON HUCHUY QOSQO:
• Short pants , Plaster and bandages
• Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us
NOTE walking poles are not allowed into machu picchu city.
Antes de imprimir seleccione solo lo necesario y piense en el MEDIO AMBIENTE / Think of our environment and select only what is necessary before printing.