Classic Inca Trail via Salkantay trek 6D/5N
Ecological Sustainable Adventure Travel Tours
Quechuas Expeditions Authorized Inca Trail Adventure Tour Operator
Under Local Mountain-Jungle & Cultural Multilingual Guides Management
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS Highly Recommended By:
SOUTH AMERICAN EXPLORERS / LONELY PLANET / FROMMERS / NYTIMES / TRIP ADVISOR / REAL TRAVELERS REVIEWS.
1.-QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS GROUP TOP QUALITY SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE 02 Min - 08 Max) our most popular trek and offers to visitors the most economical method to trek the Inca Trail and alternative Inca Trails to Machu Picchu. you'll be joining a group of other hikkers like you coming from overseas, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
REAL TRAVELLERS REVIEWS OF
Classic Inca Trail via Salkantay trek 6D/5N
A remote and ancient footpath in the same region of the Inca trail, but less traveled and offering more spectacular views. This route provides a magnificent wilderness alternative for those who wish to escape the more congested trekking routes.On the trail, we pass through an amazing progression of ecological zones, from sparsely vegetated alpine meadows flanking two spectacular 20,000' glaciered peaks, down through subtropical forest into the Inca Trail. We arrive later to the "Lost City of the Incas¨, MachuPicchu
DAY BY DAY INCA TRAIL VIA SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHUPICCHU ITINERARY
FIRST SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY : Cusco/Mollepata/Soraypampa
Early morning beautiful scenic drive from Cusco to Mollepata and up to Soraypampa where we camp at the head of the trail. Our Mule wrangles and mules will be waiting . You will enjoy tea time and later dinner in our dinning tent, with tables and stools and a good cook that will prepair excellent meals.
SECOND SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY: Soraypampa/ Sisaypampa
We start our trek escorted by a bilingual guide and camp crew. Mules carry our luggage and a few saddle horses are available in case they are needed. Today, we slowly hike up to the Inca Chirihasca Pass at 5,000 meters. We hike along the right face of the massive Salcantay with magnificent views of snow- covered peaks. Then we descend to our camp at Sisaypampa.
NOTE: we must get a permit to get the inca trail. click here to see inca trail avalabilities 2013.
THIRD SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY: Sisaypampa / Huayllabamba:
FOURTH SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY: Huayllabamba/ Pacaymayo:
Early morning rise to start our hike to the Warmiwanusca Pass. Entering a clear Inca Trail , this is one of the best days on the Inca trail Magnificent views of Salcantay snow mountain Ranges and the to paycaymayo campsite.
FIFTH SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY :Pacaymayo /Phuyupatamarca
Early morning wake-up to explore the incan sites of Runkuracay on the way up to the second pass 3900m.a.s.l and then sayacmarca incan site and we stop at chaskicocha to have lunch and the to phuyupatamarca to camp( where we will get a nice view of mountain range of Machupicchu and many more mountains
SIXTH SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY : Phuyupatamarca /MachuPicchu
After an early breakfast at 3:00am then we start going down to Wiñayhuayna and then to the sungate to see machupicchu city( we walk approximately 4 or 5 hours to get Machupicchu from the last camping spot and then you have two hours to explore the city of Machupicchu with your tour guide and then you will have free time to explore by yourself and then you must go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollanta and then bus back to cusco.
Note: All itineraries are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control including, weather, road or trail conditions and flight schedules. we recommend to book your INCA TRAIL in advance in order to get Wiñayhuayna as your last camping spot ( 02 hours walk far from Wiñayhuayna to Machupicchu)
SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL INCLUDES:
• Pre-departure briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
• Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking salkantay trek tour guide
• Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:00 to 6:30 am
• Private Transportation Van to mollepata and soraypampa( trailhead)
• Tourist train (cerrojo-backpacker ) back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
• Entrance fee to the Salkantay ,Inca Trail and Machu picchu
• Food: *5 breakfasts,5 lunches, 5 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 5 dinners
(click here to see a sample of quechuas expeditions food)
• 4 season HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain Hardwear & kayla Doite Tents) (We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks (click here to see details of quechuas expeditions Camping Equipment)
• Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portables chairs and tables )
• THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort.) (click here to see details of quechuas expeditions Camping Equipment)
• Porters (they carry cooking stuff, camping equipment and 6 kilos of passenger's stuff ) From wayllabamba to the last camping spot of the inca trail. • Health Insurance for our porters, cooks, guides, field crew and Quechuas Expeditions staff
• Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
• Quechuas Expeditions Free duffel bag for your personal stuff. Sleeping bag (not included) it can be hired from us and it must be carried by passengers.Sleeping pad (included). we we include THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort.) and it must be carried by passengers as well. ( you can hire an extra porter US$150 (12kg Max) or half porter US$75 (6kg Max) for the entire trek ).
• Oxygen balloon for any emergency
• Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
• Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
• Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary).
• Single Tents and vegetarian meals available upon request with no extra cost
• Free "I survived " T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
• Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
• First Aid kit for Emergencies.
• Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco. Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Quechuas Expeditions office.
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things Include From March 2012 - January 2014
• Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don't have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.( Click here to see inca treks toilets)
• Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
• Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 14:00 and being the 9:00 pm the last train. quechuas expeditions will organize the transport back to Cusco (by taxi or by bus).
Please Note: train times are subject to change depending on Peru rail click here to see timestable and availability.If organized in advance, the train can be upgraded to Vistadome (larger windows than the backpaker cerrojo train to ollantaytambo ) for an increased price.of US$ 40 let us know please.
SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DOESN'T INCLUDE:
it can be hired from us US$20 for all trek mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 25 trips
• Last Lunch in aguas calientes town
• Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$ 8 one way
• Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL:
• Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
• Travel Insurance card is essential
• Sleeping bag (not included) it can be hired from us and it must be carried by passengers.Sleeping pad (included).we include THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort.) and it must be carried by passengers as well. ( you can hire an extra porter US$150 (12kg Max) or half porter US$75 (6kg Max) for the entire trek ).
• hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
• Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
• Warm jacket
• Sun hat and gloves
• T-shirts / shirts
• Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
• Rain pants
• Bathing suit (for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
• Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
• Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
• Water bottle.
• Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
• Toilet paper and wet wipes
• Personal medication
• Camera and films
• Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
• Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping horseman, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL:
• Short pants , Plaster and bandages
• Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us
NOTE walking poles are not allowed into machu picchu city.
Antes de imprimir seleccione solo lo necesario y piense en el MEDIO AMBIENTE / Think of our environment and select only what is necessary before printing.