Lima Nazca Colca Titicaca Machupicchu Package 12D/11N
Ecological Sustainable Adventure Travel Tours
Quechuas Expeditions Authorized Inca Trail Adventure Tour Operator
Under Local Mountain-Jungle & Cultural Multilingual Guides Management
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS Highly Recommended By:
SOUTH AMERICAN EXPLORERS / LONELY PLANET / FROMMERS / NYTIMES / TRIP ADVISOR / REAL TRAVELERS REVIEWS.
1.-QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS GROUP TOP QUALITY SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE 02 Min - 08 Max) our most popular trek and offers to visitors the most economical method to trek the Inca Trail and alternative Inca Trails to Machu Picchu. you'll be joining a group of other hikkers like you coming from overseas, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
REAL TRAVELLERS REVIEWS OF
Lima Nazca Colca Titicaca Machupicchu Package 12D/11N
|Prices shown below are per person, based on double occupancy
in US$ Dollars.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE DETAILS OF HOTELS
|GROUP SIZE: UPON REQUEST (Minimum 02 people)
Prices per person based on two sharing a room / Tent.
Itinerary described based on shared services. And if you want a Private Service Upon request!
Whilst we expect that the tour will run as per the itinerary, participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes being necessary subject to local conditions eg. strikes and natural disaster these changes may be at the discretion of your tour company.
|OCUPANCY TYPE||HOTEL 3 STARS||HOTEL 4 STARS||HOTEL 5 STARS|
|Double Room Occupancy
Shared Group Service Price 2013
|US$2350||Upon Request||Upon Request|
|Double Room Occupancy
PRIVATE SERVICE 2012
|To Upgrade to Vistadome Large Windows (First Class Train) Train Back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then Private Bus back to Cusco. adding US$60 per person.|
|To Upgrade to Vistadome Large Windows (First Class Train) Train Round Trip from Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo and then Private Bus back to Cusco. adding US$120 per person.|
Machu Picchu (AGUAS CALIENTES) (HOTEL)
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY: Walking and journey times are approximate
Day:1: Arrive Lima City Tour (Overnight Hotel Lima).
Day:2: Bus ride to Nazca and flight over the Nazca Lines.(Bus Night ride to Arequipa)
Day:3: Arequipa City Tour (Overnight Hotel Arequipa)
Day:4: Colca Canyon Tour (Overnight in Colca Canyon Chivay)
Day:5: Chivay Cross of the Condor and back to Arequipa puno(Bus night ride to Puno)
Day:6: Pick up from the terminal tour to the islands of Uros and Amantani(Overnight in Amantani island Homestay)
Day:7: Amantani and taquile back to Puno(Overnight Hotel Puno)
Day:8: Bus From Puno to Cusco with stop along the tourist attractions from 7:00am - 5:00pm (Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day:9: City Tour/ in the afternoon from 2:00pm to 6:30pm(Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day:10: Sacred Valley /Pisaq, Ollantaytambo and we take train in the afternoon to Aguas Calientes(Overnight Hotel Aguas Calientes)
Day:11: Machupicchu early morning and full day to explore and the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back to Cusco (Overnight Hotel Cusco)
Day:12: Transfer to the Cusco Airport and flight Cusco to Lima (End of the Service)
|Day 1: Lima City Tour: Arrive in Lima and transfer to your hotel. If arriving during the day, your hotel will be in the neighborhood of Miraflores, with good shopping and restaurants, and you’ll have an included city tour in the afternoon.(Overnight Lima)|
|Day 2: Lima - Nazca Lines: Early in the morning after breakfast checkout of your hotel and take the 6-hour drive south to the small airport in Nasca for your aerial tour of the Nasca lines. These are giant figures etched in the sand that can only be appreciated fully by air. See the Monkey, the spider, hummingbird and geometric birds. These mysterious huge “drawings” are possibly an astrological calendar but their construction and true intent are a mystery still. After we take the bus to Arequipa (Bus Night Ride)|
|Day 3: Arequipa City Tour in the afternoon (Overnight Arequipa)|
|Day 4: Bus ride to the Colca Canyon - Overnight at the Colca Valley
Our excursion to the Colca Canyon starts at 07:30 hrs. Our clients are collected from their hotels by our local guide/representative. Afterwards we will board a small bus and will drive northwest following a paved road towards the “Colca Canyon”. Before leaving Arequipa, we will stop at a small shop where our clients can purchase some chocolates, candies and coca leaves. Later on we will continue till Pampas Cañahuas (3500 m/11,482 Ft), a National Reserve where visitors may spot some Vicuñas & Alpacas. Unlike the Alpacas, Vicuñas are wild animals, and still can be seen running freely on these high plateaus. We will stop at this national park and our local guide will provide information about these shy Andean camels. Then we continue our journey to the Colca Canyon, little further up we will stop again at the little restaurant of Viscachani, where you can enjoy a stunning scenery of the Andes and also drink a typical coca tea. Afterwards we will continue ascending a dirt road till we reach the highest point of our trip, “The Lookout Point of the Andes (4,800 m /15,748 Ft). At the very top, we will get off of the bus some minutes to observe the landscape, having in the background the volcanoes Ubinas, Mismi, Misti, Chachani, Sabancaya (active) and Ampato. Later on we will drive down hill to the main village of the Colca Canyon, the Village of Chivay (3600 m / 11.811 Ft). In this town we will have lunch in one typical Andean restaurant, where visitors may enjoy their meals accompanied by Andean musicians. After lunch our clients will be transferred to our lodge located in a little village at edge of the Canyon.
Late, in the afternoon, you may walk around the village and get to know better the rural life in this corner of Peru. By the afternoon we will go to swim and relax to the Hot Springs of the Colca Valley (35° C / 95º F), a nice pool outdoors surrounded by huge mountains. After sunset, we will return to the hostel
|Day 5: Early visit to the Cruz del Condor - Return to Arequipa.
In order to see the mighty Condor, you will wake up at 05:00 h, breakfast will be served at 05:30 h, and by 06:00 hrs. we will be driving towards the “Cruz del Condor”, a natural lookout point where you can see the flight of the Condors (we won’t return to the hotel, which means you must bring all your staff along with you on the bus). On the road we will have the best view of the Colca Valley, as we drive along the edge of the Canyon, seeing on route ancient terraces still in use by the local farmers, who grow mainly varieties of corn and potatoes. We will make some stops for photos, and our local guide will give us a good insight into the Colca Canyon history. Here you will stumble upon a great rock, where ancient architectures carved the terraces, testing (perhaps) which parts of the Canyon were suitable for cultivation. This is a good place also to see the “Colca River” and hanging pre-Inca tombs. After approximately 2 hours we will reach Cruz del Condor, where we will spend an hour or so, observing the beautiful flight of the Condors as well as the depth of the Canyon. Eventually, we will return to the village of Chivay, passing typical towns along the way. At around 12:00 h, we will stop at a local restaurant at the town of Chivay for lunch and afterwards will return to Arequipa. We will be back in Arequipa around 17:00 h. Upon your arrival you will be transferred to your the Bus Terminal to take the bus to Puno.
|Day 6: Amantani (Overnight at Amantani Island Homestay)
After breakfast, we will take a two-hour motor boat excursion on the waters of Lake Titicaca, which straddles the border of Peru and Bolivia, to the unique floating "islands" of the Uros. These ancient inhabitants of the lake, known as the Water Tribe, have built their own "islands" by periodically adding new layers of a type of reed unique to the area called "totora". Their homes and boats are also made of this material. There are over forty of these islands, which have strategic defenses such as watch towers just in case!
|Day: 7: Taquile Island and Pun(Overnight Puno)
After a good breakfast, you will visit Taquile island, a narrow, long and quite hilly island, of approximately 15 square kilometers, which was once used as a prison when it belonged to the Spanish. You will meet its inhabitants and admire their colorful textile fabrics, which has been their staple trade since time immemorial. Here you can also enjoy a highly scenic trek, followed by lunch in a local restaurant. Then you will back to puno port at 5:00pm and then transfer to the hotel in puno
Day 8: Tour By Bus Puno - Cusco (Overnight Cusco)
RAQCHI (Temple of Wiracocha God)
|Day 9: Cusco City Tour (Overnight Cusco)
Upon arrival to Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulating for the height, will have the free morning to rest and also we suggest you have a light lunch in either your hotel or in one of the surrounded; in the afternoon we will depart on a City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main square, Cathedral, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q'enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, tour finishes 6:30pm approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight. (No meals included)
|Day 10: Full Day Sacred Valley of the Inkas(overnight in Aguas Calientes)
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 8:15 am. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful Indian market in Pisac where a mixture of color and tradition will be able appreciated besides will have a good opportunity to try our bargain skills on the free time to interact with the local craftsmen to purchase their hand-made souvenirs. The Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) of Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 ms (9,700 p), Pisac is located to the entrance of the Sacred Valley and followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied of the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant and after we explore Ollantaytambo we take the train at Ollantaytambo train station 2 hours to get Aguas Calientes where we do overnight (B, L)
|Day 11: Full Day Machupicchu (Overnight Cusco)
Early breakfast and the we take the first bus at 5:30am to be at Machupicchu at 6:00am and we get our entrance fee to climb huaynapicchu mountain (Only 25 minutes ride by bus) where you will get a guided tour (2 hours) then free time to explore and climb huaynapicchu mountain and after you have enjoyed the lost city of Machupicchu, we will go down to the Aguas Calientes town to return to Ollantaytambo and then we will take a bus back to cusco.and then transfer to your accommodation (B,L).
|Day 12: Transfer to Cusco Airport or Termincal
Breakfast and according time, transportation will be provided to go the airport (B). END OF THE SERVICE.
Add on the Nazca Lines, the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS INCLUDES:
Domestic flight Tickets
- Cusco - Lima
- Entrance to Machupicchu
- Tourist Backpacker Train(Round Trrip) From Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Bus Up & Down(From Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes)
- English Speaking Guide in Machupichu (02 & half hours Guided tour)
- Tourist Return Bus From Ollantaytambo - Cusco Hotel.
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- LIMA: 01 night of hotel accommodation
- AREQUIPA: 01 night
- AREQUIPA(Colca Canyon): 01 night
- CUSCO: 03 nights of hotel accommodation
- AGUAS CALIENTES:01 night of hotel accommodation
- PUNO: 01 night of hotel accommodation
- HOMESTAY: 01 night of Homestay in Amantani(Puno)
- BUS Night Ride (01 Nazca - Arequipa) / (01 Arequipa - Puno)
Lima Tour: City Tour
- Includes Tourist bus, English Guide & Entrance fees
Arequipa Tour: City Tour
- Includes Tourist bus, English Guide & Entrance fees
Nazca Lines flight over nazca lines
- Includes Tourist bus, English Guide & Entrance fees
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
- City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
Bus Ticktes: Lima - Nazca/ Nazca - Arequipa / Arequipa - Puno
- Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
- Private Puno Bus Termninal Transfers
- All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
- Tour Bus from Puno – Cusco (Includes: Tourist Bus, Guide, Buffet Lunch, Entrance fees to the tourist places)
- 2 Day Lake Titicaca Islands Tour(Includes: Motorized boat, Guide, Meals: Breakfast (01), Lunch (02), Dinner (01), Entrance fee to the islands: Uros, Amantani & Taquile)
- Quechuas Expeditions T-Shirt
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS DOESNT INCLUDE:
- International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- All airport departure tax - Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico - Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
- Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
- Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
- Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels. City tours of Lima and Cusco.
- Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Quechuas Expeditions will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger's expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
• Original Passport (and some copies)
• Travel insurance (and some copies)
• Airline tickets (and some copies)
• US$ cash and travellers cheques
• Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
• Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
• Camera and films
• Rechargeable batteries and adapters
• Reading/writing material
• Cover for backpacks
• Fleece top
• Windproof/waterproof jacket
• Small towel and swim wear
• Sun hat
• 2 pairs of shorts
• 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
• 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
• Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
• Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
• Sport hiking sandals
• Sun block
• Toiletries (biodegradable)
• Watch or alarm clock
• Water bottle
• Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
• Flashlight (head light recommended)
• Money belt
• Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
• Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
• Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
• Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
• Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
• Thermal underwear
• Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Money Exchange: Credit cards and debit cards are very useful for cash advances. Visa cards are the most widely accepted cards. While ATMs are widely available, there are no guarantees that your credit cards or debit cards will actually work in Peru. Check with your bank. You should be aware that to purchase products or services on a credit card a fee of 5%-10% usually applies. Do not rely on credit or debit cards as your only source of money. A combination of US$ dollar cash, travellers cheques and cards is best, although you will usually be charged a commission or given a less-favourable exchange rate for travellers cheques. Always take more rather than less.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE TIP: Please be advised that slightly torn notes, notes that have been heavily marked or are faded may be difficult to exchange. It is best to bring notes in fairly good condition, in denominations lower than 100 US$ (or equivalent).
Note: that common clothing, batteries, film, medications, and such toiletries as toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, deodorant and feminine hygiene items are available in Peru. It is best to bring from home such items as prescription meds, eyewear and care, extra large clothing, shoes, unusual film and camera batteries. Also note that most digital camera memory cards can be downloaded and burned onto a CD in internet cafes in any large city.
Rain is possible at any time of year, especially in high mountains and cloud forest, and one should always be prepared. The climate in sites we will visit is as follows:
Cuzco: days are warm if sunny, slightly chilly if cloudy. Nights are cold in Cuzco.
Lima: warm to hot days, cool evenings, almost never any rain. Often overcast.
Inca Trail: variable depending on altitude, from hot to very cold, with rain always a possibility.
Machu Picchu: lower and warmer than Cuzco, with rain possible all year round.
Puno: days are warm if sunny, slightly chilly if cloudy. Nights are cold in Puno.
For your international flights, please check with your airline. Within Peru, you are allowed 20 kilos (44 lbs) of checked baggage, as well as one carry-on and another small, purse-like item. The carry-on size regulations are the same as international carry-on size regulations