Classic Peru Trek Package 17D/16N
Ecological Sustainable Adventure Travel Tours
Quechuas Expeditions Authorized Inca Trail Adventure Tour Operator
Under Local Mountain-Jungle & Cultural Multilingual Guides Management
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS Highly Recommended By:
SOUTH AMERICAN EXPLORERS / LONELY PLANET / FROMMERS / NYTIMES / TRIP ADVISOR / REAL TRAVELERS REVIEWS.
1.-QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS GROUP TOP QUALITY SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE 02 Min - 08 Max) our most popular trek and offers to visitors the most economical method to trek the Inca Trail and alternative Inca Trails to Machu Picchu. you'll be joining a group of other hikkers like you coming from overseas, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
REAL TRAVELLERS REVIEWS OF
Classic Peru Trek Package 17D/16N
Prices shown below are per person, based on double occupancy
in US$ Dollars.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE DETAILS OF HOTELS
GROUP SIZE: UPON REQUEST (Minimum 02 people)
Prices per person based on two sharing a room / Tent.
Itinerary described based on shared services. And if you want a Private Service Upon request!
Whilst we expect that the tour will run as per the itinerary, participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes being necessary subject to local conditions eg. strikes and natural disaster these changes may be at the discretion of your tour company.
|OCUPANCY TYPE||HOTEL 3 STARS||HOTEL 4 STARS||HOTEL 5 STARS|
Double Room Occupancy
Shared Group Service Price 2013
|US$3450||Upon Request||Upon Request|
Double Room Occupancy
PRIVATE SERVICE 2012
|To Upgrade to Vistadome Large Windows (First Class Train) Train Back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then Private Bus back to Cusco. adding US$60 per person.|
|To Upgrade to Vistadome Large Windows (First Class Train) Train Round Trip from Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo and then Private Bus back to Cusco. adding US$120 per person.|
Machu Picchu (AGUAS CALIENTES) (HOTEL)
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY: Walking and journey times are approximate
DAY 1 : Lima City Tour: Arrive in Lima and transfer to your hotel. If arriving during the day, your hotel will be in the neighborhood of Miraflores, with good shopping and restaurants, and you’ll have an included city tour in the afternoon.(Overnight Lima)
|DAY 2 : Lima - Nazca Lines: Early in the morning after breakfast checkout of your hotel and take the 6-hour drive south to the small airport in Nasca for your aerial tour of the Nasca lines. These are giant figures etched in the sand that can only be appreciated fully by air. See the Monkey, the spider, hummingbird and geometric birds. These mysterious huge “drawings” are possibly an astrological calendar but their construction and true intent are a mystery still. After we take the bus to Arequipa (Bus Night Ride)|
DAY3 : Arequipa Arrival & City Tour
DAY 4: Bus ride to the Colca Canyon - Overnight at the Colca Valley
Day 5 : Early visit to the Cruz del Condor - Return to Arequipa or Puno.
In order to see the mighty Condor, you will wake up at 05:00 h, breakfast will be served at 05:30 h, and by 06:00 hrs. we will be driving towards the “Cruz del Condor”, a natural lookout point where you can see the flight of the Condors (we won’t return to the hotel, which means you must bring all your staff along with you on the bus). On the road we will have the best view of the Colca Valley, as we drive along the edge of the Canyon, seeing on route ancient terraces still in use by the local farmers, who grow mainly varieties of corn and potatoes. We will make some stops for photos, and our local guide will give us a good insight into the Colca Canyon history. Here you will stumble upon a great rock, where ancient architectures carved the terraces, testing (perhaps) which parts of the Canyon were suitable for cultivation. This is a good place also to see the “Colca River” and hanging pre-Inca tombs. After approximately 2 hours we will reach Cruz del Condor, where we will spend an hour or so, observing the beautiful flight of the Condors as well as the depth of the Canyon. Eventually, we will return to the village of Chivay, passing typical towns along the way. At around 12:00 h, we will stop at a local restaurant at the town of Chivay for lunch and afterwards will return to Arequipa. We will be back in Arequipa around 17:00 h. Upon your arrival you will be transferred to your the Bus Terminal to take the bus to Puno.
DAY 6 : puno Island Visit - Amantani (Overnight Amantanti homestay):
Today we leave the port of Puno by way of a tourist boat and cruise Lake Titicaca (the highest navigable lake in the world at 3800m). Our destination – the Island of Amananti. We lunch on the island and then we split into smaller groups and billet into family homes where we stay with the locals and experience their style of living first hand for a once in a lifetime cultural exchange. In the late afternoon we can enjoy the breathtaking sunset over Lake Titicaca from the top of the island. On a clear day we will even be able to see the distant peaks of the Cordillera Real in Bolivia.
DAY 7 : Island Visits - Taquile & Uros (Overnight Puno):
Say our farewells to our host families and return to Puno today via our first stop on Lake Titicaca is Taquile Island. The people of Taquile Island’s unique culture, style of dress and lifestyle make for a memorable visit. The island is characterized by the quality of their textiles. Here, the men of the community do all the knitting, as this is strictly a male domain, while the women do the spinning. High quality, locally knitted goods are available for purchase at various cooperatives on the island. We lunch on Taquile before resuming our boat trip to the floating islands of the Uros people. The Uros began their unusual floating existence centuries ago in an effort to isolate themselves from the Colla and Inca tribes. Arrive in Puno. (overnight) HOTEL
DAY 8 : BUS RIDE FROM PUNO TO CUSCO (WITH STOPS)
DAY 9 : Cusco City Tour and Surroundings
DAY 10 : Sacred Valley – Pisaq - Ollantaytambo - Moray - Maras - Chincheros
DAY 11 : 1st option. MOUNTAIN BIKE MORAY AND SALT MINES IN MARAS.
This exciting biking adventure tour blends adrenaline pumping mountain biking and breathtaking views with visits to two famous sites near the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas. Moray is a series of remarkable innovative agricultural terraces that are built in three deep depressions. We reach Moray with a short hike (around 30 mins) from our drop off point half way between the Cusco and Urubamba valleys and we take a pack lunch. In the afternoon on bike, we descend to Maras an important historical source of salt. After visiting the workers as they produce the bags of salt we walk down the quebrada (ravine) and reach the Urubamba river as it winds lazily towards Machu Picchu and beyond to the Amazon. Here, our vehicle will take us back to Cusco and your hotel. This is a full day adventure tour!
2nd Options. RIVER RAFTING AT CHUQUICAHUANA URUBAMBA RIVER: One of our most popular white water rafting adventure tours is the "Cusipata" section of the river on the Upper Urubamba. There are good class IIl rapids and the water is very pure. We pick you up at your hotel, after one and a half hours drive we arrive to the put -in at the shores of the Upper Urubamba River. Our professional white water rafting guides will give you a safety talk and provide you with all the proper equipment for white water rafting. We will be floating for approximately two to two and a half hours, running numerous class II and III type rapids. Afterwards, we arrive to the take-out. Then a hot lunch will be provided as well as a sauna and hot showers. Our return to Cusco should be around 4:30-5:00pm in the afternoon. This is a full day adventure tour!
DAY 12 : Start Inca Trail / Cusco – Km 82 – Patallacta
DAY 13: Patallacta – llulluchapampa
DAY 14: Llulluchapampa – Chakicocha –Phuyupatamarka
After walking approximately 2 hours we will arrive at the pass of Warmiwañusca (4.200 m.a.s.l.) From here the trail will descend into the Pacaymayo valley. From where we will ascend to the second pass presenting a incredible view over the mountain range of Vilcabamba. Descending to Chakicocha where we will be lunching. Among the trail we will visit the ruins of Runkuracay, Sayacmarca and finally where we also will encounter our campingspot Chakicocha.
DAY 15: Phuyupamarka - Wiñayhuayna - Puente Ruinas
DAY 16: Puente Ruinas Machupicchu - Cusco.
Inca Trail Important 5th Day After an early breakfast, we climb 45 minutes to the lost city of Machu picchu. being in machupicchu at 6:00am where we will take in an inspiring and panoramic view of the Machu picchu citadel. After a short hike up to Machu picchu, we will register and then enjoy a 2-hours guided tour of the sanctuary-city. After the tour of Machupicchu there will be free time to explore by yourself and then we will take the bus down or walk Part of the Inca Trail to Aguas Calientes where we will enjoy a lunch and free time to enjoy the town before returning to ollantaytambo by train and then bus back to cusco.
|DAY 17: Transfer to airport and flight to Lima. END OF THE TOUR|
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS INCLUDES:
Cusco - Lima Airfare
Inca Trail 4/D 3/N
(Group size 02 to 06 ppl average; Max 08 person)
- Inca Trail English Guide
- Cook in charge of all meal, Porters: To carry camping equipment, portable table and chairs, food, and kitchen/cooking equipment
- Inca Trail Permit along with Entrance to Inca Trail and Machupicchu as well as porters permit.
- Camping Equipment 4 season tent(04ppl tent for 02ppl) & Self-inflating Therm-a-rest mattresses
- Private Bus to km 82, Return Tourist backpacker Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco.
- Meals: Breakfast (03), Lunch (03), Dinner (03), Morning Snack (03), Afternoon Snack (03)
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- 12 nights of hotel accommodation,
- 01 night of Homestay in Amantani(Puno)
- 03 nights of camping on the Inca Trail
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- LIMA: 01 night of hotel accommodation
- CUSCO: 03 nights of hotel accommodation
- PUNO: 02 night of hotel accommodation
- HOMESTAY: 01 night of Homestay in Amantani(Puno)
- INCA TRAIL: 03 nights Camping
Lima Tour: City Tour
- Includes Tourist bus, English Guide & Entrance fees
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley (PRIVATE SERVICE)
- City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
- Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
- Private Lima Airport Transfers
- All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
- Colca Canyon (Includes: Tourist Bus, Guide, Entrance fees to the tourist places)
- 01 hotel at Chivay
- Bus tickets from Chivay from Colca Canyon to Arequipa o Puno.
- Overflight Nazca Lines
- Bus Nazca to Arequipa
- Tour Bus from Cusco – Puno(Includes: Tourist Bus, Guide, Buffet Lunch, Entrance fees to the tourist places)
- 2 Day Lake Titicaca Islands Tour(Includes: Motorized boat, Guide, Meals: Breakfast (01), Lunch (02), Dinner (01), Entrance fee to the islands: Uros, Amantani & Taquile)
- Quechuas Expeditions T-Shirt
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS DOESNT INCLUDE:
- International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- All airport departure tax - Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico - Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
- Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
- Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
- Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels. City tours of Lima and Cusco.
- Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Quechuas Expeditions will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger's expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
• Original Passport (and some copies)
• Travel insurance (and some copies)
• Airline tickets (and some copies)
• US$ cash and travellers cheques
• Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
• Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
• Camera and films
• Rechargeable batteries and adapters
• Reading/writing material
• Cover for backpacks
• Fleece top
• Windproof/waterproof jacket
• Small towel and swim wear
• Sun hat
• 2 pairs of shorts
• 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
• 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
• Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
• Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
• Sport hiking sandals
• Sun block
• Toiletries (biodegradable)
• Watch or alarm clock
• Water bottle
• Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
• Flashlight (head light recommended)
• Money belt
• Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
• Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
• Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
• Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
• Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
• Thermal underwear
• Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Money Exchange: Credit cards and debit cards are very useful for cash advances. Visa cards are the most widely accepted cards. While ATMs are widely available, there are no guarantees that your credit cards or debit cards will actually work in Peru. Check with your bank. You should be aware that to purchase products or services on a credit card a fee of 5%-10% usually applies. Do not rely on credit or debit cards as your only source of money. A combination of US$ dollar cash, travellers cheques and cards is best, although you will usually be charged a commission or given a less-favourable exchange rate for travellers cheques. Always take more rather than less.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE TIP: Please be advised that slightly torn notes, notes that have been heavily marked or are faded may be difficult to exchange. It is best to bring notes in fairly good condition, in denominations lower than 100 US$ (or equivalent).
Note: that common clothing, batteries, film, medications, and such toiletries as toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, deodorant and feminine hygiene items are available in Peru. It is best to bring from home such items as prescription meds, eyewear and care, extra large clothing, shoes, unusual film and camera batteries. Also note that most digital camera memory cards can be downloaded and burned onto a CD in internet cafes in any large city.
Rain is possible at any time of year, especially in high mountains and cloud forest, and one should always be prepared. The climate in sites we will visit is as follows:
Cuzco: days are warm if sunny, slightly chilly if cloudy. Nights are cold in Cuzco.
Lima: warm to hot days, cool evenings, almost never any rain. Often overcast.
Inca Trail: variable depending on altitude, from hot to very cold, with rain always a possibility.
Machu Picchu: lower and warmer than Cuzco, with rain possible all year round.
Puno: days are warm if sunny, slightly chilly if cloudy. Nights are cold in Puno.
For your international flights, please check with your airline. Within Peru, you are allowed 20 kilos (44 lbs) of checked baggage, as well as one carry-on and another small, purse-like item. The carry-on size regulations are the same as international carry-on size regulations