Ecuador and Galapagos 12/D 11/N
Ecological Sustainable Adventure Travel Tours
Quechuas Expeditions Authorized Inca Trail Adventure Tour Operator
Under Local Mountain-Jungle & Cultural Multilingual Guides Management
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS Highly Recommended By:
SOUTH AMERICAN EXPLORERS / LONELY PLANET / FROMMERS / NYTIMES / TRIP ADVISOR / REAL TRAVELERS REVIEWS.
1.-QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS GROUP TOP QUALITY SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE 02 Min - 08 Max) our most popular trek and offers to visitors the most economical method to trek the Inca Trail and alternative Inca Trails to Machu Picchu. you'll be joining a group of other hikkers like you coming from overseas, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
REAL TRAVELLERS REVIEWS OF
Ecuador and Galapagos 12/D 11/N
This Ecuador and Galapagos holiday can be tailor made throughout the year and can be adapted to suit your interests, budget and requirements as necessary
Ecuador and Galapagos holiday, tailor made: Ecuador is a small country which boasts coastline, wild jungle, stunning mountains and of course the famous Galápagos Islands.
The Andes run from north to south and are home to the capital Quito, nestled in amongst the peaks, and the colourful market town of Otavalo. Close to Quito is the cloud forest of Mindo, which is a bird watcher and botanist’s paradise and an excellent alternative to flying east into the Amazon basin. Rarely do visitors to Ecuador miss out on the trip of a lifetime – a cruise around the Galapagos. This magical archipelago is utterly unique with endemic birds and mammals, unafraid of human visitors.
Highlights of our Ecuador and Galapagos holiday:
• Explore the capital Quito with its quaint and well-conserved colonial core of cobbled plazas and alleys lined with white-washed mansions and churches.
• Visit the colourful indian market of Otavalo, great for buying gifts and people-watching.
• Walk along jungle trails and enjoy the abundance of bird life in the verdant Mindo cloud forest reserve, three hours from the capital.
• Take the thrilling train ride to Alausí including the Devil’s Nose – a breathtaking switchback perched along a cliff – before continuing to Ecuador’s second city, coastal Guayaquil.
• A ‘once in a lifetime’ visit to the Galápagos Islands – a unique ecosystem whose visits by Charles Darwin on board the Beagle contributed to his theory of evolution. Spend three nights in a hotel on Santa Cruz Island – a land-based alternative to a cruise. Experience the wide array of Galápagos wildlife, seemingly undeterred by human presence. Kayak, snorkel, hike in the mountains, visit the Charles Darwin Research station; or make yacht excursions to neighbouring islands.
day-by-day Ecuador and Galapagos holiday itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Quito.
Day 2: Full day in the countryside around Quito, speckled with adobe villages and dominated by towering snow-capped volcanoes. Visit the famous market at Otavalo and lunch at a colonial hacienda.
Day 3: Day at leisure to explore the city, its quaint and well-conserved colonial core of cobbled plazas and alleys lined with white-washed mansions and churches, and perhaps visit the Equatorial monument.
Day 4: Descend from the lofty capital through ever-changing vegetation to the lush Mindo cloud forest reserve, awash with orchids and legions of tropical birds. Stay at a cosy wooden lodge from which you can explore nature trails and join guided bird-watching walks.
Day 5: Return by road to Quito.
Day 6: Drive through rich countryside down the stately Avenue of the Volcanoes, with awe-inspiring views of Cotopaxi volcano. Spend the night in Riobamba.
Day 7: The most thrilling highlight of the trip - an eye-watering train ride up and down the switchbacks of the Devil’s Nose - an almost vertical cliff - to Alausi, continuing by bus to the port of Guayaquil.
Day 8-10: Fly to the Galápagos Islands and travel to Finch Bay, a small hotel located on a stunning beach on Santa Cruz Island and surrounded by mangroves. The island is populated with a wide diversity of famous Galápagos wildlife, including sea lions, marine and land iguanas, and virtually all the bird species that inhabit the archipelago. Hike, snorkel or kayak on Santa Cruz or visit neighbouring islands by yacht.
Day 11: Return to Guayaquil on the coast of the mainland for one further night.
Day 12: Transfer to airport for the flight back to Home.
all travel within Ecuador including domestic flights to the Galapagos Islands, listed excursions, breakfast daily and 8 lunches.