QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS (Booking File) Reservations 2023 – 2024Book Now!
In order to make a booking With Quechuas Expeditions, you need to:
- Follow the 3 steps below
- Read and agree to our terms and conditions
- Important: All our Treks pass through high altitudes – Please note that you need to acclimatize yourself before undertaking any of our trek.
STEP 1 – Travellers passports
- Passports have to be valid for entry to Peru
- You have all passport details of travellers (Passport Full names, Passport numbers, Nationality, Age, Gender.) required for making the booking
STEP 2: Accept Terms and ConditionsPlease read and accept our Terms and Conditions:
How to Reserve Services with Quechuas ExpeditionsThe Peruvian system of services and products sometimes differs to that in your home country. We strongly suggest you read the following carefully: Trekking, Jungle and Biking tours Quechuas Expeditions operates in regions where standards of accommodation, transport and services might not be those you would normally expect. However, we strive, with all due care and skill, to provide the best services for our tourists. Traveling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, broad-mindedness, good humor and understanding that changes may be made without notice due to circumstances beyond our control (Force Majeure – see below). By booking any of our tours you agree to Quechuas Expeditions making necessary changes without liability. Persons with medical conditions that may affect their ability to complete the trek must disclose this information prior to doing the trip. Due to the nature of the trek clients will be walking at different speeds and not be together as a concentrated group. The guide will not be able to watch everyone all of the time. Every person therefore, is responsible for his or her own personal safety and must have their own suitable travel insurance. At all times the decision of the company’s biking , trekking guide will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety and wellbeing of the group. Should the client interfere with the wellbeing of the group then the guide may order the client to leave the group without recourse to any refund. Any liability is limited to the price paid for the trek. Staff of Professional licensed English speaking private tour guides.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSIn order to secure your booking please understand and agree to the following requirements to secure your trek departure : 1) Full Passport Details of ALL Travellers, Passport Full Names / Passport Number/ Nationality / Gender/ Age. These are required to purchase entrances and Flight and Train tickets. 2) Deposits: To officially book any itinerary/program or trek, we ask for the following deposits depending on the type of tour booked (All Inca Trails Require Permits) 2,3,4,5,6 Days Inca Trail Reservations – A deposit of US$250 is required and if you want to hire an extra porter 50% of the total price for each porter (is non-refundable and not transferable to any other person OR to a different date due to the (inflexible) of the Inca Trail) and requires permits. see availability first, before you send us your trek deposit. (non-refundable and not transferable) Inca Trail Frequently Asked Questions by clicking the link:
- (Alternative Treks: Salkantay, Lares, Inca Jungle Other who go to Machupicchu. don’t require Permits But we recommend to book well in advance to ensure Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu Entrance fees) /Reservations – US$150 deposit per person required (non-refundable) Not transferable to another person
- Customized Itineraries and Package Peru Tours – 30% deposit required (non-refundable and not transferable)
- Car Service and Camping Equipment Rental – 30% deposit required (non-refundable) Not transferable to another person
- Flight, Bus and Train Tickets Reservations – 100% deposit required (non-refundable and not transferable)
- Private Service – 50% deposit required (non-refundable and not transferable)
Notes: 1.- Arrive in Cusco 2 days before trek departure: Your arrival date in Cusco must be at least 2 days prior to trek departure since you have to pay the trek balance before 6pm, 2 days before you start the trek. Arriving 2 days prior to the trek also ensures that you are better acclimatized to the high altitude. However 3 days is recommended. If you really can not arrive 2 days before you start the trek, we have to get an email from you in order to coordinate:
- Event 01.- If you will arrive one day before you start the trek, we will meet you at the Cusco`s airport or at our main office, there you will pay the trek balance and will get the trek briefieng.
- Event 02.- If you will arrive on the same morning of the trek departure, we will meet you at the Cusco’s airport, will have enought time to get ready for the hike, will provide the trek briefing and will transport by van to the trek beggining, Km.82.(On 2008, we did have more than 15 experiences like this, because flight cancellations, strickers, etc.)
MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR BOOKINGAny modifications to the original booking must be confirmed in writing via email. Any costs or charges, which we incur or which are incurred or levied by our service providers as a result of the modification, will be charged to the passenger. Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, availability cannot be guaranteed.
CANCELLATIONSIf you need to cancel your trek then please note our policy in this regard:
- Deposits are non-refundable should you cancel.
- If you fall ill whilst in Cusco and feel that you cannot trek, but still want to go to Machupicchu – we will turn your trek program into a 2D/1N Train Package, but note that we have to use the exact same dates in order to make use of your entrances into Machupicchu, train tickets, hotel, etc. If you need to change dates then we will require extra funds to make the relevant changes to your itinerary.
- Cancellation of a Tour within one week of departure date will incur a loss of 100% of the total tour cost.
- If you require documentation for insurance purposes Quechuas Expeditions Operator will be happy to assist you.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES MADE BY TRAIL CUSCO TOUR OPERATORWhile we will endeavor to operate all tours as quoted, it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify an itinerary or its contents, due to prevailing local conditions. We reserve the right at any time to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices (including flights, accommodation or other arrangements) and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes. If a major change is known to us, our passengers will be told at the time of the booking If a major change becomes necessary after booking we will inform our passengers as soon as is reasonably possible. Quechuas Expeditions Operator reserves the right to increase the tour cost to take into account of the following items: government action, currency fluctuations, transportation costs (including the cost of fuel), food increases, airport charges and increase in scheduled airfares or any other increase that is beyond our control. Quechuas Expeditions Operator will not be liable for any changes in the event of a change beyond their control to the departure time or date of a tour, flight or other form of transport. PASSPORTS, VISAS AND VACCINATIONS It is the responsibility of the Passenger to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, proof of inoculations and preventive medicines as may be required for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of ourselves.
AGE, FITNESS AND PARTICIPATIONAll Passengers are expected to satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their choice. Persons over 60 years of age will be advised to obtain medical evidence of fitness to travel on the chosen itinerary. No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by ourselves, however older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them. We reserve the absolute right to decline a booking at our discretion. If, in the opinion of such person the health or conduct of a Passenger before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the Passenger may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In case of ill health we will make such arrangements as it deems fit and recover the costs thereof from the Passenger.
ILLNESS OR DISABILITYAnyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication and/or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeited.
INSURANCEWe strongly recommend the use of a travel/medical insurance plan. We do not provide or include an accident or travel insurance policy in our cost. However, if a member of the group gets sick or is incapacitated, we take care of him or her by getting a qualified doctor or immediate medical attention. In these cases, the extra costs are assumed by the individual client, including hospitalization if necessary. In the case of accident and/or necessary emergency evacuation, all costs are assumed by the individual client.
FORCE MAJEUREQuechuas Expeditions Operator is not responsible for force majeure – this is war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities, natural or disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation or rescheduling of flights by an airline, the alteration of airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of ourselves.
LOCAL LAWSAll participants in tours operated by Quechuas Expeditions Operator are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve Quechuas Expeditions Operator of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
COMPLAINTSIf a Passenger has a complaint about any of the tour arrangements he/she must bring it to the attention of the Guide or a representative of Quechuas Expeditions Operator at the time so that they may endeavor to rectify the situation. We can only rectify problems if we are made aware of such problems. Failure to complain immediately will prejudice the Passengers right to claim compensation. Should the problem remain unsolved a complaint must be made in writing to ourselves within no more than 14 days of the completion of the holiday.
RESPONSIBILITIESQuechuas Expeditions Operator reserves the right to modify or withdraw any travel arrangements when deemed necessary, in the best interest of the clients. We reserve the right to refuse, accept, or retain any person as a member of one of our trips. Quechuas Expeditions Operator is not responsible for injury, sickness, damage, loss, additional expenses, accidental delay or other irregularities which may be caused either through willful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of companies or individuals providing or engaged in transportation, accommodation or other services related to the accomplishment of the tour, or through natural disasters or acts of nature.
NOTE ABOUT CAMPSITES ON THE INCA TRAILPlease note that we are not in control of the campsites we are issued with from the Institute of National Culture. In general your campsite allocation is dependent on how early you book, or rather, how many permits are left. The first 250 spaces are generally given to Winay Wayna (3rd campsite) and thereafter you will have a longer walk to Machupicchu on the last day and it could mean you do not make it for sunrise. Do not let this disappoint you as Machupicchu is marvellous in itself! * Campsites are subject to change according to our guide’s criteria and the group progress.
Acceptance of terms and conditionsBy participating in your trek (#) the clients accepts the terms and conditions stated above. Clauses relating to cancellation of trek come into effect directly after the trek purchase. Staying healthy during your trek.
- Quechuas Expeditions recommend you to be at least two days before you do any of our treks in order to acclimatize . Cusco is on 3,300 meter above sea level.
- Ensure that you are fit and healthy before commencing the trek. Allow at least 2 days in Cusco ( or similar altitude) to acclimatize to the altitude. Although many people do the trek do not expect it to be easy. Anyone with respiratory problems should not undertake this trek.
- Walk at your own pace. Even though you are part of a group you will not all walk together in a bunch. People walk at different rates so keep to the speed that suits. The group gets back together at the ruins or any interesting place to enable the guide to explain them to everyone. Try not to over exert yourself. If your heart is pounding rapidly in your chest stop a little and have a rest and wait until it calms down a little.
- Drink plenty of fluids on the trail. We’ll provide you with teas, mates and coffees at meal times but you will have to drink a lot more fluid besides these drinks. Bring a water bottle of at least 1 liter capacity per person.
- Don’t get sunburned. The sun at high altitude is particularly strong. Walking in shorts and T-shirts is fine but put on plenty of high factor protection and always wear a hat.
- When the sun goes down the temperature drops rapidly and it is easy to get a chill. Put warm clothes on.
- We only can confirm the reservation after recieving a Non-refundable US$200 for any Inca Trail and US$100 for any alternative Treks and 30 % for our Peru packages and others Services (Method of payments Western Union and bank Transfer) Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is used to purchase the ticket entrance to Machupicchu and also for booking the train ticket and hotels. And once a space is purchased it cannot be resold. And if you want an extra porter you have send us 50% as well.
- The Final Balance must paid 2 days before we Start the Trek/Tour(and it must be in cash in dollars or soles), otherwise we will cancel the tour unless you send us an email saying that you will have a delay.
- Please, If you want to make a fast Reservation send us all your personal information as: full names, Passport Number, Nationality, Gender, Age as well as you trek deposit (Use Fastest and safest way in Peru. Western Union)
- Quechuas Expeditions will not give any refunds if a participant decides to cancel the trip prior to departure or during the trip (except from the entrances to the archaeological sites and the bus/train tickets)
- If Quechuas Expeditions doesn’t confirm the reservation, your payment will be refunded totally.
- All participants have to carry their own back packs, including sleeping bag and mattresses unless they booked an extra porter or the service includes porters, horsemen or mules.
- A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.
- All participants must bring their original passport and, if available, their original student card.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. Quechuas Expeditions cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own.
- In case force majeure occurs, like impossibility to operate the program or trek due to unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside Quechuas Expeditions’ control like: extreme weather conditions, landslides, strikes not allowing operation or putting it at risk, sudden inaccessibility of route, etc. Quechuas Expeditions will propose viable solutions to operate the program within the available dates, or if impossible, will then propose an alternative program. If the alternative program chosen by the client is of lower value than that originally booked then the client is entitled to a refund of the price difference. All costs derived will be at the expense of the client. In case none of these would be feasible, Quechuas Expeditions would refund all the money paid except all the incurred expenses so far.
STEP 3: Complete the Reservations Form and Send us Your Deposit and you are ready to go…!!!Please download the Booking Form & Fill out with all your personal information as well as things you want us to include and return to us via email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com We will be in contact with you shortly… and if you dont get a response double check your email address.
Please, send us an email to send you an attached booking form(Fill out with all personal information as well as requirments) and Send us along with your Trek deposit.VERY IMPORTANT !!!: If you are using a SPAM filter, Our E-mails could be caught in your filter. Please check your filter if you do not receive the E-mail within 5 minutes.Some of our passengers E-mail us saying our confirmation E-mails are placed to their spam folder rather than their inbox. We recommend to modify your JUNK or SPAM FILTER SETTINGS to receive our E-mails of Quechuas Expeditions: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org on the correct inbox. You may also want to add this email address to your list of known contacts. This will prevent our responses from being filtered into your Junk or Spam mail folder.