TAMBOPATA SANDOVAL LAKE & MONKEY ISLAND 4D/4N(From Cusco)
First Night. Cusco to Puerto Maldonado – Tambopata Natural Reserve
A Night Before we do the trip, We will come and pick you up from your Hotel and Take you where the Cusco Bus Terminal is. We will take Overnight Bus Cusco to Puerto Maldonado Between 8:30pm to 9:00pm and arrive to Puerto Maldonado at 6:30am
First Day. Eco Tambopata Natural Reserve
On arrival of your bus to Puerto Maldonado, our guides or staff will meet you at the bus station and transfer you to our office to make a registration.
Your excess luggage will be stored safely in our office in Puerto Maldonado and then we will continue to the Capitania port. We take our motor boat along the Madre de Dios River for approximately – 40 minutes to Amazon Garden Lodge. A cool welcome drink awaits you.
The start of the adventure circuit is reached a tower and stairway that ascends to the treetops where a platform that marks the start of the zip-line almost 200mts long, the breathtaking views are only matched by the excitement of overcoming our fears and the adrenaline that courses through us as we leap off the platform supported by the high security harnesses that connect us to the zip- line cable to a platform 27mts high. The 75mts long of the log walkway, hanging 27m above the floor, leads off this platform, a risky balancing act, and takes us to the platform at the start of the second zip line, a 160m fly back to the tower and stairwell that descends to the forest floor. And then Return to the Amazon Garden Lodge
After a well-deserved lunch, we take the kayaks to the river, well protected with high quality life jackets, and accompanied by a motor boat that guarantees extra security; this level one activity is relaxing and accessible for all. Getting Monkey Island you will be
able appreciate a great diversity of monkeys such as the: capuchin, tamarines y squirrel monkeys we will put on a show of swinging through the treetops charging down the trunks of the large trees that form their home in order to accept food from your hand .
Return to Amazon Garden Lodge .Nocturnal activities are available this night we have the caiman spotting.
Second day: Sandoval Lake
After a great breakfast, and distributed to each traveler lunch and snacks we’ll take the boat to get to the control of Tambopata National Reserve Zone, after 1 and half hour walking trhough the rainforest we are approaching to the famous Sandoval Lake. DIts way by immense ancient trees and entangled vines; we will be able to see multihued flower and fauna including: Giant Otters, birds, coloured butterflies, turtles, and variety of fish. We will spend few hours in canoe on this one of the most beautiful lakes in region. Return to Amazon Garden Lodge, dinner and rest.
Third Day: Native Family and Rustic Fishing.
we take to the majestic Madre de Dios River and set course downstream for an hour for the Native Community of Ese´Ejas, the largest Ese Eja community numbering about 200 families, of which we will be visiting two. The Project “Rescuing Cultural Values“, situated on Gamitana Island, is working with two families who will show us the culture of their ancestors, their language and customs, clothing and dances.
In our modern, civilized world we have all but forgotten the existence of ancestral cultures and traditions. An ancient indigenous tradition
like the Ese´Eja reveals to us the customs and way of life of indigenous peoples. They gift us with the opportunity to have a direct contact with a people of ancient warriors and hunters and to share their ancestral ways.and at 1.pm lunch.
By the afternoon we have time to do roustic fishing in Madre de Dios river, where with some luck we’ll have chance to catch some species like pictus cat fish, small mouth,armored cat fish and red eye piranha. Back to the lodge, dinner an rest.
Fourth Day: Parrots and Parakeet’s Clay Lick (Cachuela)– Puerto Maldonado
Parrots and parakeets need to eat rich clay that provides them with the salts and minerals necessary to metabolize and neutralize the toxins and acids of the flowers, fruits, and seeds upon which they feed. Early each day, therefore, they congregate at the salt licks, clay walls along the rivers and streams in the Madre de Dios region of the Amazon rainforest.
At about 7:00am we back to the lodge , have breakfast and return to Puerto Maldonado and Drop you off at the Bus Terminal arriving between 8:30 to 9:00am
AMAZON TAMBOPATA JUNGLE INCLUDES:
– Bus Round trip
Cusco to Puerto Maldonado a Night before between 8:30 to 9:00pm
Puerto Maldonado – Cusco 4th day between 8:30 to 9:30am
– Pre departure tambopata jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
– Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
– Cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
– Camping equipment/tents and mats (in case we camp in the jungle)
– Transportation by private bus from Puerto Maldonado/Airport to Port of Capitania/Puerto Maldonado Airport
– Transportation by private boat: Puerto Maldonado / Peru Amazon Garden Lodge / Puerto Maldonado
– Overnights in lodges and camping huts
– Mineral water all the time
– Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
– Tambopata Reserved zone(Lago Sandoval Lake)entrance fee
– Vegetarian option…send us you requirements please.
– Entrance to the Ecological Reserve.
– First Aid Kit (bring your personal Medication)
– Transfers / airport / Lodge / airport.
IT DOESNT INCLUDE:
– International and Domestic Airfares. and aiport taxes
– Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON THIS AMAZON TAMBOPATA JUNGLE:
– Rainforest expeditions are not comfortable tours, but with the following equipment you will get the best out of the forest and yourself:
– Binoculars (imperative)
– Flashlight with spare bulbs and extra batteries
– Sleeping bag (it can be hired from us US$5 a day) in case you want to sleep in tent.
– Day pack
– Long pants and long-sleeved shirts
– T-shirts light shirts
– Shorts/Bathing suit
– Sweater or light jacket
– 1 pair of hiking boots and 1 pair of light shoes or trekking sandals
– Long socks
– Rain gear
– Rubber boots (only in the rainy season-we provide them)
– Sunhat, sunglasses, sun block
– Insect repellent (with at least 60% DEET) and after bite
– Plastic bags (to keep everything dry)
– Water bottle
– Copy of a valid passport/Peruvian Imigration card Copy as well.
– Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
– Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
Prices & Availability
Please, Avoid the rushed/pooled big 30-40 ppl group sizes & the Large Noisy Jungle Dorms/Personalized Group Service with Us!!!
Accomodation Based on twin beds/Matrimonial room Jungle Bungalow(02ppl in one room with Private Shower and Bathroom/If you want to Camp and sleep in a tent, Let us know) Click here to see a detailed page of our Lodge
TAMBOPATA NATURAL RESERVE – PUERTO MALDONADO (Sandovale Lake & Monkey Island)4/Days 2017 – 2018
Large Group Service: Shared Group Service/Group Size (02 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum over 10 ppl 02 Guides)/you’ll be joining a group of other Travellers like you coming from overseas, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
Price per person Adult/Fixed Departure dates US$490. If you are a group of 04 people or more get a discount of US$40 each. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Departure dates From Puerto Maldonado:
OCTOBER 2017: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
NOVEMBER 2017: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
DECEMBER 2017: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
JANUARY 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
FEBRUARY 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
MARCH 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
APRIL 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
MAY 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
JUNE 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
JULY 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
AUGUST 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
SEPTEMBER 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
OCTOBER 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
NOVEMBER 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
DECEMBER 2018: 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29
TAMBOPATA NATURAL RESERVE – PUERTO MALDONADO (Sandovale Lake & Monkey Island) 4/Days 2017 – 2018
Please, Prices are Based On number of people departing that date. we will advertise to get more people and make the price lower/Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
AMAZON TAMBOPATA JUNGLE TOUR (FAQs)Frequently Asked Questions
Private/Small Group Service: Group Size (02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum) for Families with children, Honeymooners and Couples.02 person to open a new group & Leave any day you suit. This group could be 02ppl, 03ppl, 05ppl or 08ppl. but we will depart even if you are a group of 02 people. We will Never Pass you onto another operator.
We will advertise your departure date to get more people and make the price lower.
02 persons group / US$740 per person
03 persons group / US$690 per person
04 persons group / US$640 per person
05 persons group / US$590 per person
06-8 persons group / US$540 per person
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits to the Tambopata Natural Reserve.
Send us your personal information and your US$100 deposit per person and you are ready to go!!! (Click here to see method of payments)
Why Quechuas Expeditions
WHY Amazon Garden Lodge?
- Local 100% Peruvian Tour operator(Based in Tambopata Natural Reserve)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons
Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
- Our Amazon Garden Lodge is located in one of the most privileged locations in the area, since we are situated between the Lake Sandoval and Monkey island in the Natural Reserve of Tambopata Protected Rainforest; the lodge is a strategic point for flora and fauna sightings.
- We are the closest lodge, located 30 minutes from the Lake Sandoval and Monkey island into the Tambopata Natural Reserve Zone.
- Our itineraries can be modified according to the interests of our guests in order to make it an unforgettable and enriching experience.
- The Amazon Garden Lodge offers accommodation for all kinds of passengers, from those who prefer the rustic and simple to those who like to travel in full comfort.
- Being an Ecolodge, we try to minimize as much as possible our waste by not using canned goods. Everything that we serve in our restaurant is natural and fresh.
- Our suites have privileged views of the Nature, a 100% natural Forest and one of the biggest in the Peruvian Amazon. Lake Sandoval is often visited by troops of different kinds of primates, offering great wildlife observation opportunities right from your suite’s balcony.
- We have some of the best national guides in the area with more than ten years of experience working in the tropical rainforest. We are located in what is considered one of the best areas in the Peruvian Amazon for birdwatching. Since the lodge’s access from the Madre de Dios River is by foot and in a paddle canoe, we offer the opportunity for flora and fauna sightings from the very beginning of the tour.
- We are the only lodge in the Tambopata Reserve and Madre de Dios River area that offers the option of a ‘self-guided trail’ for those passengers who want to do an activity without a guide.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Amazon Garden Lodge The best Local Tour Company/ Memorable lifetime experience Providers!!!
and if you want to send us a fast Booking form Copy and paste and send us filled out: Otherwise we can also send you an attached booking form.
Tour Name:……………..Departure date:………..(Back up dates):…………….Number of ppl in your Group………….
Group Size you want us to place you:
– Large Group Service: Group Size (04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum over 08 ppl 02 Guides) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Small Group Service: Group Size (02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Private Service Upon Request No ( ) / Yes( )
Method of payment you have used. Transaction ID Number to confirm the trip:…………………………
Passenger # 01
Passport Name (first & family):
Passport Expiry Date:
Gender: Male / Female
Vegetarian / special diet meals required: No / Yes (if yes! please give details)
Student with ISIC card: No / Yes. Send us a scanned copy of ISIC(Get a Discount of US$10)
Chindren Under 7 years(Get a Discount of US$40)
Chindren up to 7 years(Get a Discount of US$20)
Quechuas Guesthouse Before or After the Tour/Trek(in Cusco) US$30 per person(breakfast included)/ No / Yes
Bus Cusco to Puerto Maldonado and Puerto Maldonado to Cusco(Round Trip) US$50 No / Yes
Flight Cusco to Puerto Maldonado and Puerto Maldonado to Cusco(Round Trip) US$110 No / Yes