Inca Jungle Trail (Biking – Rafting – Hiking – Zip Lining ) 4D/3N
First Day: Cusco Abra Malaga – Huamanmarca – Sta Maria
Downhill mountainbike Cusco to Santa Maria
You will be picked up at approximately 7:00 am. You will be driven through the stunning Sacred Valley of the Incas and dropped off at the 4,316 m. at the highest point of the trail, at Abra Malaga. Here you will change into bikes and biking kit provided (gloves and helmet) and receive a 20 minutes briefing by your tour guide. Then the fun commences¦ freewheeling down quiet but challenging roads, past changing landscapes, you will not want to catch your breath until the first picnic stop in Alfamayo San Luis, three hours from your starting point. Here you will enjoy your lunch, while taking in the panoramic view. After a quick change and a dab of insect repellent, it’s onwards and downwards towards Huamanmarca, Archeaological Inca recently discovered, where your tour guide will provide you with the historical background. You will then carry on descending to 1500 meters, where the edge of jungle meets the small but charming town of Santa Maria. Here you can buy a snack or just rest your legs and enjoy a cold beer before a dinner of traditional Peruvian food. Accommodation is provided in the form of a basic, family run hostel with either single, double or triple rooms.
Second Day: Sta Maria – Cocalmayo Hot Springs – Sta Teresa
Trekking Santa Maria – Santa Teresa
You will wake up at around 6.30 am and enjoy the finest indigenous coffee. Then you will begin your walk which gets progressively steeper, until arriving at a family restaurant in Santa Rosa where you can relax in hammocks admiring the coca plantations and receive refreshments while being entertained by the monkeys. After a short walk you will reach a traditional Inca Trail, which winds around slopes and drops for approximately half a mile. The descent continues for just over two hours until you reach Qellomayo, a small town, where you will have lunch. From Qellomayo it is a short walk beside the Rio Vilcanota until reaching the famous hot springs of Colcamayo. Here you can enjoy the hot springs and relax your muscles in these natural settings. After wading in the hot springs you will carry on to Santa Teresa where you will spend the night in a hostel.
Third Day: Sta Teresa – Hydroelectrica – Aguas Calientes
Trekking Santa Teresa to Aguas Calientes
You will wake up and have breakfast at around 7 am. After breakfast you will walk to Colpani with amazing views until you reach the restaurant where you will have lunch at Hidroelectrica. From here it is only about a two and a half hours walk to Aguas Calientes, the base town for Machu Picchu. Included is dinner at a local restaurant before retiring to your hostel with hot water and private bathrooms.
Optional additional activities
Canopy (company Cola de Mono) South America`s highest Zip Lines. Approximately 15 minutes from Santa Teresa. Duration roughly 2 hours. Price US$ 40.00 pp. Rafting is another exciting possibility: Cost US$ 40.00 pp.
Fourth Day: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
You will take our breakfast, very early in the morning. Than we start our last day by climbing up to the entrance of the famous Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, the Lost City of the Incas. Avoiding the crowds, you will be one of the first visitors of the day. Your bilingual tour guide will take you around the vast ruins for about 3hrs, comprehensively explaining its historical significance and place in the Inca Empire. After this you have some free time to wander around. Machu Picchu is the best known of the Inca ruins, as it is recognized worldwide yet it is not mentioned in any of the writings of the Spanish Conquistadors. It is believed to have been constructed around the mid-15th century and was rediscovered by American historian Hiram Bingham in 1911. The guided tour of this fascinating place is an unforgettable experience.
Visit the Main Square, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Circular Towers, the Sacred Sun Dial and Burial Grounds. After the excursion you can hike up the mountain behind Machu Picchu,Huayna Picchu where you will have stunning views over the whole complex! However there are only 400 persons per day allowed, therefore you must let us know in advance. This, we have to book it when we reserve your tour tour and has a cost of US$ 10.00 plus. Due Huayna Pucchu is very fast oversold, we are offering Machu Picchu Mountain as a second optional climbing. The adventage of this hike is that its less crowed, but not less beautiful. The cost fot this climb are also US$ 10.00 per person.
Optional unguided walks include Inti Punku, the SUN GATE the traditional end of the Inca Trail, duration 45 min. and the Inca Bridge, duration 1 hr. Otherwise simply relax and take in the inspiring atmosphere. After your free time you can walk down to the town of Aguas Calientes for a late lunch or a dip in the hot springs (not included). In the afternoon you take the train back. A frequent bus service takes visitors back to Aguas Calientes, where you will catch the train to Ollantaytambo (sometimes subject to Peru Rail availability the train can be at 18:45 at 21:30h) and then the tourist bus on to Cusco.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL INCLUDES:
– Pre-departure inka jungle briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
– Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking inka jungle trail tour guide
– Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:00am)
– Private Transportation Van Cusco – Abra Malaga – Amaybamba or Santa Maria (first camping spot) NOTE The Private Van will accompany you. if somebody gets tired can take the van to santa maria *first camping spot only , then the Van will bring all bikes back to cusco.
– Tourist train (EXPEDITION) back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
– Entrance fee to Machu picchu
– Local Transportation santa teresa to Lucmabamba 1 hour (3rd day)
– Food: *3 breakfasts,3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
– Mountain full suspension MOSSO or KONNA Bike ,Helmet and gloves (click here to see details of quechuas expeditions Biking Equipment)
– 3 nights accommodation in a hostel santa maria, santa teresa & aguas calientes (click here to see the hostal in aguas calientes town)
– Health Insurance for our porters, cooks,guides, field crew and Quechuas Expeditions staff
– Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
– Quechuas Expeditions Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
– Oxygen balloon for any emergency
– Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
– Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
– First Aid kit and Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco. Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our quechuas expeditions office.
– *Vegetarian/special diet options free available
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things Include
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Quechuas Expeditions Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Aguas calientes to Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 14:00 and being the 9:00 pm the last train. quechuas expeditions will organize the transport back to Cusco (by taxi or by bus).
Please Note: train times are subject to change depending on Peru rail click here to see timestable and availability.If organized in advance, the train can be upgraded to Vistadome (larger windows than the backpaker cerrojo train to ollantaytambo ) for an increased price.of US$ 40 let us know please.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL DOESN’T INCLUDE:
– Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
– Entrance to the hot springs water Santa Teresa / Colcalmayo 15 soles or Aguas Calientes 10 soles(click here to see hot springs)
– Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu (optional/ instead of walking) ( one way US$7 and you can Buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station) aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
– Last Lunch in aguas calientes town
– Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$ 7 one way
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON INCA JUNGLE TRAIL:
– Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
– Travel Insurance card is essential
– Sleeping bag (not included)
– Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
– Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
– Sun hat and gloves
– T-shirts / shirts
– Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
– Rain pants
– Bathing suit (for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes)
– Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
– Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
– Water bottle.
– Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
– Toilet paper and wet wipes
– Personal medication
– Camera and films
– Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
– Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON INKA JUNGLE:
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us
NOTE: walking poles are not allowed into machu picchu city.
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 4/Days / 2016 – 2017
Small Group Service:(Group Size: 02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum)
Price per person Adult US$560 & Students US$540 / 7 Kilos Portering Service included /Duffel Bag provided by QE
Please,Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
SEPTEMBER 2016: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
OCTOBER 2016: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
NOVEMBER 2016: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
DECEMBER 2016: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JANUARY 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
FEBRUARY 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
MARCH 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
APRIIL 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
MAY 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JUNE 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JULY 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
AUGUST 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
SEPTEMBER 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
OCTOBER 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
NOVEMBER 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
DECEMBER 2017: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JANUARY 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU 4/Days / 2016 – 2017
Large Group Service:(Group Size: 04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum)
Price per person Adult US$440 & Students US$420 / 7 Kilos Portering Service included /Duffel Bag provided by QE
Please,Note: If you are 04 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
SEPTEMBER 2016: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
OCTOBER 2016: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
NOVEMBER 2016: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
DECEMBER 2016: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JANUARY 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
FEBRUARY 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
MARCH 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
APRIL 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
MAY 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JUNE 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JULY 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
AUGUST 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
SEPTEMBER 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
OCTOBER 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
NOVEMBER 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
DECEMBER 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JANUARY 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL PRIVATE SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE UPON REQUEST) 4/Days 2016 – 2017 and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as:
02 persons group / US$1100 per person
03 persons group / US$1050 per person
04 persons group / US$1000 per person
05 persons group / US$950 per person
06-8 persons group / US$900 per person
- Extra Horse to Ride(1-2 day only)
- Hotel 3 stars (At Aguas Calientes Town)
- North face 4 season tents
- Entrance to climb Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
- Vistadome Train(First Class train back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
- Private Van back to cusco from ollantaytambo
- Train Ticket( From Hydroelectric Plant to Aguas Calientes 40 Minutes ride)
- Bus Round Trip ( Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
- Bus Down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Lunch in Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag / Silk Liner included.
- 02 walking poles per person / Rubber tips included.
- 01 Duffel Bags to carry all your sleeping bag, Self-inflating pad as well as your Clothes.
- Tour Guide to explore Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu all day. and of course we pay a little bit more to our staff and guide
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
Booking Form 2016 – 2017
Quechuas Expeditions The best Local Tour Company/ Memorable lifetime experience Providers!!! Due to government regulations the number of trekkers and visitors permitted on the Inca Trail are 500 people, the citadel of Machu Picchu 2500 people and Huayna Picchu Mt 400 people….All bookings must be made well in advance. Before making any reservations please read the following information:
1.- If you are booking an Inca Trail with QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS, please click on the Inca Trail Availability. Check your start date to make sure the government still have permits available. You only need a permit for your start date (not each day trekking) and we will secure the permit on your behalf.
2.- If you are booking a tour or any package, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to check availability. We can then share with you all of the fantastic options available. Note: For all other treks & tours we only need two trekkers to open a new group.
IMPORTANT: Please note, we are UNABLE to accept any bookings without completed booking form and deposit sent to QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS. All deposits are $200 per person for Inca Trail Treks and US$100 for Alternative treks, Please Note: Depsoit are non-refundable, non- transferable. We accept payments through PayPal, Western Union and Bank Transfer. And once its done you have to send us a confirmation Tracking Number to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com We will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received, Please see our PAYPAL payments. The Final Balance will be paid 2 days before the trip. Once you are in Cusco at our Office which can be done in US$ or soles (Local Currency!)
and if you want to send us a fast Booking form Copy and paste and send us filled out: Otherwise we can also send you an attached booking form.
Name of the tour:……………..Departure date(Back up dates):…………………Number of ppl in your Group………….
Group Size you want us to place you:
– Large Group Service: Group Size (04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum over 08 ppl 02 Guides) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Small Group Service: Group Size (02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Private Service Upon Request No ( ) / Yes( )
Method of payment you have used. Transaction ID Number to confirm the trip:…………………………
Passenger # 01
Passport Name (first & family):
Passport Expiry Date:
Age (at time of starting the trek):
Gender: Male / Female
Student with ISIC card: No / Yes. Send us a scanned copy of ISIC
Vegetarian / special diet meals required: No / Yes (if yes please give details)
Sleeping bag rental for the 4 day trek US$30: No ( ) / Yes( )
Walking Poles(02) / US$20: No / Yes
Day pack to carry Personal Items / US$10: No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgraded Vistadome Train (Large Window Train) at Between 2:30pm – 15:48pm US$60: No ( ) / Yes( )
Inca Trail / Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$80/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Alternative treks Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$20 No ( ) / Yes( )
Full Porter to carry (Full) 12kg of personal Stuff US$150 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefings(Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (Half) to carry 6kg of personal Stuff US$75 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefing (Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (to carry Sleeping Bag and Pad) 4kg of personal Stuff US$50 Entire Trip / No ( ) / Yes( )
Extra Night at Aguas Calientes Town US$30 per person(breakfast included/No ( ) / Yes( )
Quechuas Guesthouse Before or After the Tour/Trek US$30 per person(breakfast included/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person(Alternative Treks only) No ( ) / Yes( )