Inca Trail via Salkantay 4/D 3/N(Recommended)
This Trek involves Many Beautiful Landcaspes Like Humantay Lake, Salkantay Mountain from the Incachiriaska Pass which over 5,000 meters high, and Passing and Exploring incan sites of the Inca Trail Like Paucarcancha, Huayllabamba, Llactapata, Canamarca and Ollantaytambo.
it doesnt require an inca trail permits and is available all year round.
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa – Humantay Lake – Ichupata
We will pick you up from your hotel early in the morning and have a beautiful scenic drive of 3 hours duration to Mollepata. At Mollepata we will have breakfast at one of the local houses. During this portion of the drive we will have our first views of the magnificent Salkantay and Humantay Mountains, as well as observe lush vegetation and the fields of local families growing potatoes, quinoa, lima beans, etc.
At this point we will arrive at Soraypampa (3,800 m/12,467 ft), the trailhead for the Salkantay trek, and meet our support staff, who will pack everything for the trek and load the equipment onto horses. The first thing we will do is hike up to the magnificent Humantay Lake. After enjoying the beauty and taking pictures, we will hike back down to Soraypampa and “officially” begin the trek.
The hike today is uphill from Soraypampa to Ichupata (4,300 m / 14,104 ft) in the upper valley. This is a 5 to 6 hour hike. Along the way we will pass Salkantaypampa, which is our lunch spot.
Ichupata is our camp for the night. When we arrive, we will settle in, have happy hour and a hearty dinner.
Distance Covered: 12 km / 7 ½ miles
Approximate Walking Time: 5-6 hours
Lowest elevation: 3,800 m/12,467 ft
Highest elevation: 4,300 m / 14,104 ft
Day 2: Ichupata – Incachiriasca – Pampacahuana
After a savory breakfast, we will begin the 3 to 4 hour steep climb to towards the Incachiriasca pass (4850m/15908ft), the highest of the entire route. We will have amazing views of Apu Salkantay and glacial moraines during this portion. We will pause at the top of the pass to take pictures and enjoy the magnificent view.
We will then descend towards our lunch spot at Sisaypampa, a flat area from which one can observe the neighboring Salkantay Valleys. This is a place where we might see Andean condors.
After lunch we continue towards the Pampacahuana community (3,700 m / 12,136 ft), located next to an original Inca canal. This is our camp for the night.
Distance Covered: 14 km / 8 ½ miles
Approximate Walking Time: 8 hours
Lowest elevation: 3,700 m / 12,136
Highest elevation: 4,850 m / 15,908 ft
Day 3: Pampacahuana – Paucarcancha – Huayllabamba – KM 82 – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Today we change pace as we join the Classic Inca Trail. We begin by hiking downill for 2 hours from Pampacahuana to Paucarcancha (3133 m / 10,276 ft)). We will visit the Inca site of the same name.
After the tour we will hike downhill for 5 hours until we reach Km 82, which is the start of the classic Inca trail. Along the way we will be able to see the Inca site of Llactapata. This is the first site on the Classic Inca Trail. Our chef will make us a delicious lunch at Kilometer 82.
After lunch we will be picked up by our private van at Km 82 and transported to Ollantaytambo (2,792 m/9,158 ft) where we will catch the train to Aguas Calientes.
When you reach Aguas Calientes you will check in to your hotel room. The natural hot springs in town are a great place to relax if there is time before dinner. Dinner will be at the finest restaurant.
Highest Elevation: 3,700 m / 12,136 ft
Lowest Elevation: 2,792 m/9,158 ft
Distance to walk: 16 km/ 10 miles
Estimated walking time: 6 ½ to 8 hours
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.and after enjoying machupicchu you have to go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollantaytambo and then bus back cusco.
Lowest Elevation: 2,040 m/ 6,691 ft
Highest Elevation: 2,440 m/ 8,052 ft
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL INCLUDES:
– Private Tourist transportation Cusco – Mollepata and Soraypampa(The Trailhead) (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
– English – Spanish speaking guide for 4 days of the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English.
– Private Tourist transportation Ollantaytambo to cusco (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
– Tourist Expeditions train Round trip from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then bus back to cusco.
– Horseman and Horses to carry all the camping equipment, food as well as 7 kilos of your personal stuff (Salkantay Trail Section 1,2 and part of the 3rd day only.
– Salkantay Trail, Short Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees as well as all the Inca Trail permits, valid for 4days
– Second Guide Over 08 people Group(Large Group Service)
– Thermarest air-inflate Confortable sleeping Mattress (While others agencies are using foam mat) Thats why many of them run away from us. Because they dont want their passengers to see the Quality of our Camping equipment)
– Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas Expeditions every month)
– Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months)
– Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
– Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
– Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
– Food service in the campsites (4 breakfast, 4 lunches, 4 dinners, 4 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
– Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
– Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – Kayla Doite) 4 season tent Aluminium poles Tents
– Salkantay, Inca Trail entrance fee/permits and insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
– Visit to Machu Picchu on the 2nd day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
– Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our porters as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment and all of them are limited to carry 20kg only).
– Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
– First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
– Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Inca Trail)
– Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
– Pre trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
– Single Tents upon request with no extra cost.
– Water for Driking: we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time.
– Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!)
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things which are Included
– Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don’t have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.
– Quechuas Expeditions Detailed Page of Camping Equipment, Food and other imporntant things:
– Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
– Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Quechuas Expeditions Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL DOESNT INCLUDE: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
– Extra expenses
– Breakfast – Day 1
– Lunch and dinner – Day 6
– Tourist pass known as boleto turistico to see Ollantaytambo, Moray and Chincheros 70 soles and 15 soles for the salt flats of Maras
– Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes town(US$5)
– Tips (optional)
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
UPGRADES AND ADDITIONAL THINGS TO HIRE & RENT:
Pleas note we never overload our chaskis porters as most agencies do here. They offer free portering service and all porter are forced to be overloaded.
– Huaynapicchu Mountain Entrance ticket US$20 (2 hours round trip) based on availability and book in advance
– Extra Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person based on twin bed room with private bathroom
– Walking sticks(Black Diamond) : it can be rented from us. (02 poles – Black Diamond US$20 for the entire trip)
– Sleeping bags: it can be rented from us.(US$30 for the entire trip)
– Upgrade to first class Vistadome Train (And inclues and Private Transfer From Ollantaytambo to Cusco as well)US$60
– Sleeping liners: it can be bought from us.(US$15)
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
– Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
– Travel Insurance card is essential
– Sleeping bag (not included)
– Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
– Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
– Sun hat and gloves
– T-shirts / shirts
– Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
– Rain pants
– Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
– Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
– Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
– Water bottle.
– Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
– Toilet paper and wet wipes
– Personal medication
– Camera and films
– Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
– Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
– Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Quechuas Expeditions offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here. Thats why porters are overloaded.
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL VIA SALKANTAY 4/Days 2016 – 2017
Small Group Service: Group Size (02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum) /02 person to open a new group & Leave any day you suit. Based on availabilty(See Above)
Fixed Price per person Adult US$640 & Students US$620 / 7 Kilos Portering Service included /Duffel Bag provided by QE
Please,Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
AUGUST 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
SEPTEMBER 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
OCTOBER 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
NOVEMBER 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
DECEMBER 2017: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JANUARY 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
MARCH 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
APRIL 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
MAY 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JUNE 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JULY 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
AUGUST 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
SEPTEMBER 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
OCTOBER 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
NOVEMBER 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
DECEMBER 2018: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
JANUARY 2019: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22, 24,26,28,30
PRIVATE SERVICE CLASSIC INCA TRAIL VIA SALKANTAY 4/Days – 2017 – 2018 and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as: Based on availabilty(See Above)
02 persons group / US$1000 per person
03 persons group / US$950 per person
04 persons group / US$900 per person
05 persons group / US$850 per person
06-8 persons group / US$800 per person
– Extra Horse to Ride and Horseman to control de Horse(1-2 day only)
– Hotel 3 stars (At Aguas Calientes Town)
– North face 4 season tents
– Entrance to climb Huaynapicchu Mountain
– Vistadome Train(First Class train back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
– Private Van back to cusco from ollantaytambo
– Train Ticket( From Hydroelectric Plant to Aguas Calientes 40 Minutes ride)
– Bus Round Trip ( Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
– Bus Down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
– Lunch in Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
– Sleeping bag / Silk Liner included.
– 02 walking poles per person / Rubber tips included.
– 01 Duffel Bags to carry all your sleeping bag, Self-inflating pad as well as your Clothes.
– Tour Guide to explore Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu all day. and of course we pay a little bit more to our staff and guid
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
Booking Form 2016 – 2017
Quechuas Expeditions The best Local Tour Company/ Memorable lifetime experience Providers!!! Due to government regulations the number of trekkers and visitors permitted on the Inca Trail are 500 people, the citadel of Machu Picchu 2500 people and Huayna Picchu Mt 400 people….All bookings must be made well in advance. Before making any reservations please read the following information:
1.- If you are booking an Inca Trail with QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS, please click on the Inca Trail Availability. Check your start date to make sure the government still have permits available. You only need a permit for your start date (not each day trekking) and we will secure the permit on your behalf.
2.- If you are booking a tour or any package, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to check availability. We can then share with you all of the fantastic options available. Note: For all other treks & tours we only need two trekkers to open a new group.
IMPORTANT: Please note, we are UNABLE to accept any bookings without completed booking form and deposit sent to QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS. All deposits are $200 per person for Inca Trail Treks and US$100 for Alternative treks, Please Note: Depsoit are non-refundable, non- transferable. We accept payments through PayPal, Western Union and Bank Transfer. And once its done you have to send us a confirmation Tracking Number to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com We will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received, Please see our PAYPAL payments. The Final Balance will be paid 2 days before the trip. Once you are in Cusco at our Office which can be done in US$ or soles (Local Currency!)
and if you want to send us a fast Booking form Copy and paste and send us filled out: Otherwise we can also send you an attached booking form.
Name of the tour:……………..Departure date(Back up dates):…………………Number of ppl in your Group………….
Group Size you want us to place you:
– Large Group Service: Group Size (04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum over 08 ppl 02 Guides) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Small Group Service: Group Size (02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Private Service Upon Request No ( ) / Yes( )
Method of payment you have used. Transaction ID Number to confirm the trip:…………………………
Passenger # 01
Passport Name (first & family):
Passport Expiry Date:
Age (at time of starting the trek):
Gender: Male / Female
Student with ISIC card: No / Yes. Send us a scanned copy of ISIC
Vegetarian / special diet meals required: No / Yes (if yes please give details)
Sleeping bag rental for the 4 day trek US$30: No ( ) / Yes( )
Walking Poles(02) / US$20: No / Yes
Day pack to carry Personal Items / US$10: No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgraded Vistadome Train (Large Window Train) at Between 2:30pm – 15:48pm US$60: No ( ) / Yes( )
Inca Trail / Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$80/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Alternative treks Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$20 No ( ) / Yes( )
Full Porter to carry (Full) 12kg of personal Stuff US$150 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefings(Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (Half) to carry 6kg of personal Stuff US$75 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefing (Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (to carry Sleeping Bag and Pad) 4kg of personal Stuff US$50 Entire Trip / No ( ) / Yes( )
Extra Night at Aguas Calientes Town US$30 per person(breakfast included/No ( ) / Yes( )
Quechuas Guesthouse Before or After the Tour/Trek US$30 per person(breakfast included/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person(Alternative Treks only) No ( ) / Yes( )