Cusco Rainbow Mountain Machupicchu 5 Days and 4 Nights
In this vast and storied land of Peru, ancient, colonial, and modern traditions meld together for an unforgettable cultural experience. No matter the type of traveler-history buff, adventurer. Peru offers a myriad of activities to satisfy every appetite. It’s no surprise that its ancient incan sites, beautiful topography, and diverse ecosystem attract travellers from all over the world, making it one of the most popular destinations in South America.
Peru is a country in South America, situated on the western side of that of that continet. Peru has rich natural resources and many great places to visit. As we always say Peru has it all…
Click to see real travellers’ Reviews for a Wonderful Memorable Lifetime experience!
5 Days 4 Nights
3300 m.a.s.l - 3600 m.a.s.l
Trekking Nature & Culture
Small Group 16ppl Max
5 Day Cusco Rainbow Mountain Machupicchu (Classic) Overview
STARTING POINT : We will come and Pick you up from Airport/Bus Terminal or Hotel
ENDING POINT: Drop-off in Cusco at Hotel/Airbnb 10:30 pm
DEPARTURE: Daily. If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as large group service). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
TRANSPORTATION: Bus, Train
MACHUPICCHU: Machupicchu entrance fee Included.
- Day 01: Arrive Cusco & Cusco City Tour (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
- Day 02: Rainbow Mountain Ausangate Mountain (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
- Day 03: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros(Overnight Hotel Aguas Calientes).
- Day 04: Explore Machu Picchu all day Train Back to Cusco(Overnight Hotel Cusco).
- Day 05: Transfer Hotel to Airport or Terminal (End of the Service)
5 Day Cusco Rainbow Mountain Machupicchu (Classic) Highlights
- Small Group Service
- Personalized Service
- Travel Support 24/7
- Explore Places where nobody else goes
- Please, Note: We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Machupicchu entrance fee, Inca Trail Permits, Hotel Arragments and other things. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 40% and you are ready to go..
Day 1: Cusco City Tour (Overnight Hotel in Cusco)
Upon arrival to Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulating for the height, will have the free morning to rest and also we suggest you have a light lunch in either your hotel or in one of the surrounded; in the afternoon we will depart on a City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main square, Cathedral, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q’enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, tour finishes 6:30pm approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight. (No meals included)
Day 2: Rainbow Mountain Ausangate Mountain (Overnight Hotel in Cusco)
We will pick you up early from your Cusco hotel and set out on a drive through the South Valley. The drive to the trailhead at Quesiuno (4,326 m / 14,189 ft) is 3 hours long. Once we reach the Inkintuyoc bridge, we will have a fueling continental breakfast.
We then start off on our hike, following a lovely stream. You will be immediately surprised by literally herds of alpacas and llamas. We will have consistent views of the Ausangate Mountain. We will hike through villages and interact with the local residents. We will stop for a deluxe box lunch along the trail.
Back on the trail, we encounter more of the traditional elements of this trek. This includes potato fields and unique fauna. We have the prospect of seeing chinchillas and vicunas. Vicunas are the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru. Many red mountains are also a highlight of this portion of the hike.
After a total hike of approximately 5 hours, we finally reach our destination, what we came to see….the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft). After getting over the shock of their beauty, you will have time to explore the area. You will have time to take pictures and soak in the environment. We will spend approximately 30 minutes at the top.
At this point, it is time to go back down. We hike downhill the way we came. The hike will take 4 to 5 hours. Our private van will be waiting for us when we return.
We will embark on the 3 hour drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your Cusco hotel. Approximate arrival time is between 8 and 9 PM.
Day 3: Sacred Valley of the Inkas to Aguas Calientes (Overnight in Aguas Calientes)
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 8:15 am. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful Indian market in Pisac where a mixture of color and tradition will be able appreciated besides will have a good opportunity to try our bargain skills on the free time to interact with the local craftsmen to purchase their hand-made souvenirs. The Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) of Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 ms (9,700 p), Pisac is located to the entrance of the Sacred Valley and followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied of the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant and after we explore Ollantaytambo we take the train at Ollantaytambo train station 2 hours to get Aguas Calientes where we do overnight (B, L)
Day 4: Full Day Machupicchu Tour (Overnight Hotel in Cusco)
Early breakfast and the we take the first bus at 5:30am to be at Machupicchu at 6:00am and we get our entrance fee to climb huaynapicchu mountain (Only 25 minutes ride by bus) where you will get a guided tour (2 hours) then free time to explore and climb huaynapicchu mountain and after you have enjoyed the lost city of Machupicchu, we will go down to the Aguas Calientes town to return to Ollantaytambo and then we will take a bus back to cusco.and then transfer to your accommodation (B,L).
Day 5: Transfer to Cusco Airport or Terminal (End of the Service)
Breakfast and according time, transportation will be provided to go the airport (B). END OF THE SERVICE and if you want an extension to other destinations let us know to customise you trip. Add on the Nazca Lines, the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
Cusco Rainbow Mountain Machupicchu Includes:
- Entrance Fee to Machupicchu
- Tourist Train(Round Trip) From Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Up & Down (From Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
- English Speaking Guide in Machupichu (02 & half hours Guided tour)
- Tourist Return Bus From Ollantaytambo – Cusco Hotel.
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
- AGUAS CALIENTES : 01 night hotel Accomodation
- CUSCO: 03 nights of hotel accommodation
- Includes Tourist Transportation, English Guide 1 breakfast, 1 Lunch & entrance fee to the rainbow mountain
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
- City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
- Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
- All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
Cusco Rainbow Mountain Machupicchu Doesnt Include:
- Domestic Flight Tickets from Lima – Cusco -Lima
- International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico – Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
- Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
- Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
- Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels. City tours of Lima and Cusco.Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Quechuas Expeditions will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
- Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
Cusco Rainbow Mountain Machupicchu 5D/4N (Classic) (Prices for 2020, 2021 & 2022)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We wont Cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information as well as a Deposit of 40% and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Cusco.
We want you to have a Memorable Lifetime Experience Trip!
and if you choose Bed & Breakfast you will stay in our Quechuas Guesthouse Homestay. Private rooms with private shower and bathroom (in cusco only) and includes Shuttle transportation to go to the town square.(Please a detailed page of Quechuas Guesthouse above)
Double Room, Matrimonial(Twin Beds Room) Occupancy.
Prices shown Below are per person, based on Twin bed room occupancy and in US$ Dollars.
Group Service: Price per person: US$650 – 2 Stars Hotel(b&b) (Private Bathroom & Shower)
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): From 04 Persons to 16 Persons (Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$800 – 3 Stars Hotel (Private Bathroom & Shower)
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Persons Minimum)
4 Stars Hotel/ Upon Request
5 Stars Hotel/ Upon Request
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
- 3-star la Faraona (Miraflores), El Carmel (Miraflores),Casa Andina (Miraflores), Best Western Embajadores Hotel or similar.
- 4-star San Agustin Exclusive or Sol de Oro (Casa Andina Select Miraflores opening May 2011)
- 5-star Casa Andina PC, Radisson Decapolis or similar.
- Airport Ramada Costa del Sol airport hotel.
- Deluxe Miraflores Park Plaza (Orient Express), JW Marriott, Lima Country Club or similar.
- 3-star Casa Andina Ciudad Blanca or similar.
- 4-star Posada del Inca Arequipa, Cabildo or similar.
- 5-star Libertador Arequipa, Casa Andina Private Collection or similar.
- B&B Quechuas Guesthouse(Homestay)
- B&B- El Virrey, Amaru I, El Triunfo
- 3-star Mirador Apu Hotel, Casona Real Cusco, Hatun Wasi or Similar
- 3-star Casa Andina Classic, San Agustin El Dorado, similar.
- 4-star Costa del Sol Picoaga, Novotel, Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen available) or similar.
- 5-star Casa Cartagena, Libertador, or Suite at the Casa Andina Private Collection inc. oxygen, matrimonial beds only, or similar.
- Deluxe Monasterio (Orient Express), Inkaterra La Casona or similar.
Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes) (Hotel)
- B&B- Pumas Inn, Sumaq Muyurina
- 3-star La cabaña, El MaPi (ex Machu Picchu Inn), Machupicchu Green Nature, Intipunku or similar.
- 4-star Hatuchay Tower or similar; includes dinner at Hatuchay Tower.
- 5-star Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo, Sumaq Machu Picchu or similar.
- Deluxe Sanctuary Lodge (Orient Express – includes all meals), or Suite at the Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo.
PUNO (Lake Titicaca) (Hotel)
- 3-star Casa Andina Plaza, Puñuypampa Inn or similar.
- 4-star Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen available), Sonesta Posadas del Inca or similar.
- 5-star Libertador Lago Titicaca or Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen inc) or similar.
- Deluxe 1 night Deluxe hotel. Hotel Titilaka. Includes accommodation in a Dawn Suite; choice of excursions in and around Titicaca Lake with bilingual (Spanish and English) guide; all meals.
ISLAND OF THE SUN (Hotel)
- Standard Posada del Inca Eco Lodge, Inca Utama or similar
LA PAZ (Hotel)
- 3-star Rosario or similar.
- 4-star Rey Palace or similar.
- 5-star Radisson Plaza, Europa or similar.
COLCA CANYON (Hotel)
- 3-star Pozo del Cielo or similar.
- 4-star Casa Andina or similar.
- 5-star Libertador Colca Lodge or similar
- Deluxe 1 night deluxe accommodations (individual casitas) in Orient Express Casitas del Colca. Includes: Buffet Breakfast A la carte lunch A la carte dinner Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages excluding premium alcoholic brands and special wines Full Mini-bar A la carte activities such as Peruvian Paso horse riding, hiking tours, painting lessons, fly fishing lessons, cooking lessons and pisco sour lessons. 10% service charge
- 3-star Casa Andina or similar.
- 4-star Nazca Lines or similar.
- 3 Star Hotel La Posada del Emancipador or similar
- 4 Star La Hacienda Bahia Paracas or similar
- 5 Star Doubletree Guest Suite (weekend rate w/ view of pool) or similar
- Deluxe Hotel Paracas (Garden View) or similar
Whilst we expect that the tour will run as per the itinerary, participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes being necessary subject to local conditions eg. strikes and natural disaster these changes may be at the discretion of your tour company.
What you need to bring:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also by in cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntetic sleeping bag
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
We are the Best Tour Operator in PERU
We are Inca Trail Operator
We are Local Tour Operator of the Inca Trail to Machupicchu, with no intermediaries or hidden prices; we have Local Guides experts and professionals.
Full Customer Support
From the moment we receive your message, we will assign you an expert travel specialist who will attend and customize every detail of your trip; we are Local Specialists
Tailor-Made Trips and tours, unique experiences for all our travelers; we design your next vacation in Peru to make it unique and unparalleled;
The best travel specialists
You will make your trip with local experts; we know the best routes and schedules in Peru; everything for unparalleled travel experiences
Our reputation at Tripadvisor
Thousands of travelers who know about the quality of our services are your guarantee of excellence and quality of tours. They recommend us
In all our tours, we are aware of the environment and the management of solid waste; we are responsible for our carbon footprint and respect for the flora and fauna