Huarocondo Inca Quarry trek 5D/4N (new)
XFIRST DAY: CUSCO – ZURITE – HUAROCONDO – QUILLARUMIYOC – MOLINOYOC – WATA.
we come to pick you up from your hotel and drive by private van to the trailhead, we do our first stop to explore the Quillarumiyoc ruins. where we will find many incan archeological remains, it was a religious center. The Moonstone is a large carving on an enormous lime stone boulder,and it was importante for his quechuan society.after exploring this site we keep going to the place where all our local mountain staff will be waiting for us like horsemen and the horses and as soon as we are there we start walking up to (pre-incan site of wata) where have a nice spot to have lunch with a nice view of Urubamba moutain range after having lunch your guide will explain you the story of wata after that we take the path co along a green side valley where we appreciate below the valley a few small villages before to go in the village of Chillipawa, where we camp.
SECOND DAY: CHILLIPAHUA – CHANCACHUCO.
After a good breakfast we start our trek climbing up with several stops to enjoy the view of the valley and the high land mountains and high pampas with a lot of high land grass, We normally stop for lunch shortly before the pass of Accoccosa the highest point of the trek. The last part of the pass is on loose red gravel, but the view from the top makes it all worthwhile: a broad, hidden valley surrounded by snowy and glaciers peaks the Huayanay Mountain Range on the left, the Urubamba Mountain Range straight ahead and beautiful, pyramidal Veronica Mountain 5,800m.a.s.l./19,024ft. to the right. We have time to explore this plateau and experience walking in the high lands before continuing to our camp we can do some optional hike around this area. Our campsite is close to a single farmer family in a big flat or pampa called Chancachuco.
THIRD DAY: CHANCACHUCO – CACHIQATA.
After breakfast we follow the stream down to the narrow canyon with polylepis trees forest, after the canyon the path turns North and traverses very high above a deep and steep valley separating us from the Huayanay Mountains. This is probably the most spectacular section of the trek and we trek under the Inca aqueduct spectacularly carved out of the cliffs to take water from the Chancachuco Valley to the Sacred Valley several miles away. At the end of the traverse we have a short steep climb up to our lunch place, flat with spectacular view of Sacred Valley and the snowy and glacier Urubamba mountain Range. After lunch we explore the Huayrapunku. Meaning “Gate of the Wind”, this is a single Inca remain on the top of the mountain which one is to Veronica Mountain, Finally a short walk brings us to our final campsite in amongst the granite stones of the Cachiqata Quarry. It was here that huge blocks were cut from the pink granite before dragged down the mountainside and across the Vilcanota River to the Sun Temple at Ollantaytambo town.
FOURTH DAY: CACHIQATA – OLLANTAYTAMBO – MACHUPICCHU
Mornings usually spectacular, to see the sun rise over the Sacred Valley from our campsite high above it. The sun’s first rays catching the glaciers of Veronica Mountain, This is our last day on the trek and we descend from the pampas down into the lush valley floor along the enormous stone ramps on which the Incas dragged the stones. We cross the river and explore the huge Sun Temple at Ollantaytambo Inca site complex. Then we board the train to Aguas Calientes.
FIFTH DAY: MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
Early in the morning, we’ll catch the bus up to the Inca city of Machu Picchu to enjoy a guided tour or this enigmatic site. After the tour there will be time to wander around and appreciate the beauty and mystery of Machu Picchu. Later on, you may choose to climb Wayna Picchu 2,600m.a.s.l. / 8,850ft. the peak overlooking the area. Around mid-afternoon we’ll catch the bus back to the train station for the return trip to Cusco. The tracks run along the Urubamba river valley, the route taken by Hiram Bingham in 1911 when he re-discovered Machu Picchu. On the arrival to Cusco we transfer to the hotel.
HUAROCONDO CACHICATA TREK INCLUDES:
- Pre-departure lares trek briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking Huarocondo Cachicata trek tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:30 to 7:00 am
- Private Transportation Van to Huarocondo ( trailhead)
- Tourist train round trip (cerrojo-backpacker ) from Ollantaytambo – aguas calientes – Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu
- Lares Trek Food: *4 breakfasts,4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 4 dinners (click here to see a sample of quechuas expeditions food)
- 4 seasons HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain Hardwear & kayla Doite Tents )(We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks (click here to see details of quechuas expeditions Camping Equipment)
- Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portables chairs and tables )
- THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort. (click here to see details of quechuas expeditions Camping Equipment)
- Lares Trek Cook ,who is in charge of making the food,
- Horsemen, mules or porters Weight allowance: Our horses will carry up to 16 pounds or 7 kilograms of your personal belongings.
If you would like to hire a private horse, ( let us know at the time of booking)(they also carry cooking stuff and camping equipment )
- 1 emergency horse to ride every 3 persons – days 1 to 2
- 1 night accommodation in a hostel Aguas Calientes and if you want to upgrade let us know (click here to see the hostal in aguas calientes town)
- Health Insurance for our porters, cooks,guides, field crew and Quechuas Expeditions staff
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Quechuas Expeditions Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Oxygen balloon for any emergency
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary).
- Single Tents and vegetarian meals available upon request with no extra cost
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.
Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Quechuas Expeditions office.
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things Include From March 2016 – January 2017
- Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don’t have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.( Click here to see inca treks toilets)
- Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
- Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Quechuas Expeditions Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
NOTE: Train included in all tours is the Cerrojo-backpacker (Ollantaytambo – aguas calientes – Ollantaytambo) Train times will only be confirmed once full amount of tour is paid. The earliest train you could take is the 16:00 and being the 20:00 pm the last train. To get aguas calientes and returning at 14:00 The earliest train and being the 9:00 pm the last train .quechuas expeditions will organize the transport back to Cusco (by taxi or by bus).
Please Note: train times are subject to change depending on Peru rail click here to see timestable and availability.If organized in advance, the train can be upgraded to Vistadome (larger windows than the backpaker cerrojo train to ollantaytambo ) for an increased price.of US$ 120 let us know please.
HUAROCONDO CACHICATA TREK DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Breakfast on the first day at Lares (ask at your hotel)
- Entrance to the hot springs water lares valley 10 soles or Aguas Calientes 10 soles(click here to see hot springs)
- Sleeping bag (goose down) -15ºC-extreme it can be hired from us US$20 for all trek mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 25 trips
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu (optional/ instead of walking) ( one way US$8 and you can Buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station) aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
- Last Lunch in aguas calientes town
- Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$8 one way
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON HUAROCONDO CACHICATA TREK :
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in lares valley and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping horseman, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING ON HUAROCONDO CACHICATA TREK:
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us
NOTE: walking poles are not allowed into machu picchu city.
Prices & Availability
WHY Quechuas Expeditions We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
- Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
- We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
- Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
- Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
- The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet and plenty of food)
- The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
- No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
- Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
- Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
- Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Booking Form 2016 – 2017
Quechuas Expeditions The best Local Tour Company/ Memorable lifetime experience Providers!!! Due to government regulations the number of trekkers and visitors permitted on the Inca Trail are 500 people, the citadel of Machu Picchu 2500 people and Huayna Picchu Mt 400 people….All bookings must be made well in advance. Before making any reservations please read the following information:
1.- If you are booking an Inca Trail with QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS, please click on the Inca Trail Availability. Check your start date to make sure the government still have permits available. You only need a permit for your start date (not each day trekking) and we will secure the permit on your behalf.
2.- If you are booking a tour or any package, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability. We can then share with you all of the fantastic options available. Note: For all other treks & tours we only need two trekkers to open a new group.
IMPORTANT: Please note, we are UNABLE to accept any bookings without completed booking form and deposit sent to QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS. All deposits are $200 per person for Inca Trail Treks and US$100 for Alternative treks, Please Note: Depsoit are non-refundable, non- transferable. We accept payments through PayPal, Western Union and Bank Transfer. And once its done you have to send us a confirmation Tracking Number to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org We will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received, Please see our PAYPAL payments. The Final Balance will be paid 2 days before the trip. Once you are in Cusco at our Office which can be done in US$ or soles (Local Currency!)
and if you want to send us a fast Booking form Copy and paste and send us filled out: Otherwise we can also send you an attached booking form.
Name of the tour:……………..Departure date(Back up dates):…………………Number of ppl in your Group………….
Group Size you want us to place you:
– Large Group Service: Group Size (04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum over 08 ppl 02 Guides) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Small Group Service: Group Size (02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Private Service Upon Request No ( ) / Yes( )
Method of payment you have used. Transaction ID Number to confirm the trip:…………………………
Passenger # 01
Passport Name (first & family):
Passport Expiry Date:
Age (at time of starting the trek):
Gender: Male / Female
Student with ISIC card: No / Yes. Send us a scanned copy of ISIC
Vegetarian / special diet meals required: No / Yes (if yes please give details)
Sleeping bag rental for the 4 day trek US$30: No ( ) / Yes( )
Walking Poles(02) / US$20: No / Yes
Day pack to carry Personal Items / US$10: No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgraded Vistadome Train (Large Window Train) at Between 2:30pm – 15:48pm US$60: No ( ) / Yes( )
Inca Trail / Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$80/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Alternative treks Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$20 No ( ) / Yes( )
Full Porter to carry (Full) 12kg of personal Stuff US$150 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefings(Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (Half) to carry 6kg of personal Stuff US$75 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefing (Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (to carry Sleeping Bag and Pad) 4kg of personal Stuff US$50 Entire Trip / No ( ) / Yes( )
Extra Night at Aguas Calientes Town US$30 per person(breakfast included/No ( ) / Yes( )
Quechuas Guesthouse Before or After the Tour/Trek US$30 per person(breakfast included/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person(Alternative Treks only) No ( ) / Yes( )