Classic Inca Trail via Salkantay trek 6D/5N(Unique)
DAY BY DAY INCA TRAIL VIA SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHUPICCHU ITINERARY
FIRST SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY : Cusco/Mollepata/Soraypampa
Early morning beautiful scenic drive from Cusco to Mollepata and up to Soraypampa where we camp at the head of the trail. Our Mule wrangles and mules will be waiting . You will enjoy tea time and later dinner in our dinning tent, with tables and stools and a good cook that will prepair excellent meals.
SECOND SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY: Soraypampa/ Sisaypampa
We start our trek escorted by a bilingual guide and camp crew. Mules carry our luggage and a few saddle horses are available in case they are needed. Today, we slowly hike up to the Inca Chirihasca Pass at 5,000 meters. We hike along the right face of the massive Salcantay with magnificent views of snow- covered peaks. Then we descend to our camp at Sisaypampa.
THIRD SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY: Sisaypampa / Huayllabamba:
After a healthy breakfast, we start hiking, by passing the hamlet of Huayllabamba and entering the main Inca Trail. We then go through an Andean cloudforest to camp at Huayllabamba (where you join the group of the Inca Trail)
FOURTH SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY: Huayllabamba/ Pacaymayo:
Early morning rise to start our hike to the Warmiwanusca Pass. Entering a clear Inca Trail , this is one of the best days on the Inca trail Magnificent views of Salcantay snow mountain Ranges and the to paycaymayo campsite.
FIFTH SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY :Pacaymayo /Phuyupatamarca
Early morning wake-up to explore the incan sites of Runkuracay on the way up to the second pass 3900m.a.s.l and then sayacmarca incan site and we stop at chaskicocha to have lunch and the to phuyupatamarca to camp( where we will get a nice view of mountain range of Machupicchu and many more mountains
SIXTH SALKANTAY & INCA TRAIL DAY : Phuyupatamarca /MachuPicchu
After an early breakfast at 3:00am then we start going down to Wiñayhuayna and then to the sungate to see machupicchu city( we walk approximately 4 or 5 hours to get Machupicchu from the last camping spot and then you have two hours to explore the city of Machupicchu with your tour guide and then you will have free time to explore by yourself and then you must go down to aguas calientes to take the train back to ollanta and then bus back to cusco.
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL INCLUDES:
– PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION/ Private Tourist transportation Cusco – Mollepata and then Soraypampa (The Trailhead) (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs) and Please, Note. we always use the same tourist transportation for our porters. we wont send them by an unconfortable truck as most do here.
– Transportation for our porters from Cusco to km 82(they will join us on Huayllabamba campsite to do inca trail)
– EXPEDITIONS TRAIN BACK TICKET/ Tourist Expeditions train Back ticket (Between 2:30pm to 7:00pm) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then bus back to cusco and we will drop you off at the hotel.
– PROFFESIONAL GUIDES/ English – Spanish speaking guide for 4 days of the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English & Second Guide Over 08 people Group(Large Group Service)
– CAMPING EQUIPMENT/ Thermarest air-inflate Confortable sleeping Mattress (While others agencies are using foam mat) Thats why many of them run away from us. Because they dont want their passengers to see the Quality of our Camping equipment)
– MASTER CHEFFS/Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas Expeditions every month)
– Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months) Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
– Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
– Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
– FOOD/Food service in the campsites (5 breakfast, 5 lunches, 5 dinners, 5 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
– Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
– Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – Kayla Doite) 4 season tent Aluminium poles Tents
– Horses and Horseman to carry all our Camping equipment as well as to carry your personal Stuff
– Porter Service. As detailed in the table authorised by the INC. (To carry our camping equipment and food) We Never overload our porters. Please, see a detailed page where you can see how we threat our porter Chaskis: And dont be fooled by some agencies who are offering free portering service of 12kg. thats why many of our brother porters are forced to carry.
– SALKANTAY AND INCA TRAIL PERMITS AND ADMISION TICKETS/Inca Trail and Machupicchu Permits & entrance fees as well as all the porters and cooks valid for 6 days as well as insurance policy of life for all our staff.
– Visit to Machu Picchu on the 6th day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
– Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our porters as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment and all of them are limited to carry 20kg only).
– Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
– First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
– Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Inca Trail)
– Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
– Pre trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
– Single Tents upon request with no extra cost.
– Water for Driking: we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time.
– Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!)
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things which are Included
– Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don’t have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.
– Quechuas Expeditions Detailed Page of Camping Equipment, Food and other important things:
– Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
CLASSIC INCA TRAIL DOESNT INCLUDE: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
– Extra expenses
– Breakfast – Day 1
– Lunch and dinner – Day 4
– Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes town(US$5)
– Tips (optional)
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
UPGRADES AND ADDITIONAL THINGS TO HIRE & RENT:(IF YOU STILL NEED SOME EXTRA SERVICE FROM US)
– Huaynapicchu Mountain Entrance ticket US$90 (2 hours walk round trip) based on availability and book in advance
– Machupicchu Mountain Entrance ticket US$90 (3 hours walk round trip) based on availability and book in advance
– Extra Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person based on twin bed room with private bathroom
– Walking sticks(Black Diamond) : it can be rented from us. (02 poles – Black Diamond US$20 for the entire trip)
– Sleeping bags: it can be rented from us.(US$30 for the entire trip)
– Upgrade to first class Vistadome Train (And includes and Private Transfer From Ollantaytambo to Cusco as well)US$60
– Sleeping liners: it can be bought from us.(US$15)
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
– Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
– Travel Insurance card is essential
– Sleeping bag (not included)
– Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
– Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
– Sun hat and gloves
– T-shirts / shirts
– Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
– Rain pants
– Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
– Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
– Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
– Water bottle.
– Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
– Toilet paper and wet wipes
– Personal medication
– Camera and films
– Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
– Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
– Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Quechuas Expeditions offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
Prices & Availability
Requires a permit. 3,4, 5 & 6 Day Inca Trail Availability in real time
Please click on Each month to see the available spaces to do Inca Trail
– NOVEMBER 2017: AVAILABLE
– DECEMBER 2017: AVAILABLE
– JANUARY 2018: AVAILABLE
– FEBRUARY 2018: CLOSED
– MARCH 2018: AVAILABLE
– APRIL 2018: AVAILABLE
– MAY 2018: AVAILABLE
– JUNE 2018: AVAILABLE
– JULY 2018: AVAILABLE
– AUGUST 2018: AVAILABLE
– SEPTEMBER 2018: AVAILABLE
– OCTOBER 2018: AVAILABLE
– NOVEMBER 2018: AVAILABLE
– DECEMBER 2018: AVAILABLE
if you have missed an inca trail permit we have some Great alternative treks that end at Macchupicchu:
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$200 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here. Thats why porters are overloaded.
Inca Trail Availability 2017 – 2018
Choose Group Size you want us to place you. No matter if you choose large group size you will depart even if you are a group of 02 people with the same price.
INCA TRAIL VIA SALKANTAY TREK 6 days 5 nights Soraypampa and Huayllabamba Sungate
(Small Group Service 02ppl Min 06ppl Average & 08 ppl Maximum)Price per person US$1150(Personal Porter 6kg Included)
(Large Group Service 02ppl Min 10ppl Average & 16 ppl Maximum)Price per person US$1050(Personal Porter 6kg Included)
PRIVATE SERVICE INCA TRAIL VIA SALKANTAY 6/Days – 2017 – 2018 and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as: Based on availabilty(See Above)
02 persons group / US$1500 per person
03 persons group / US$1450 per person
04 persons group / US$1400 per person
05 persons group / US$1350 per person
06-8 persons group / US$1300 per person
• Extra Personal Portering Service of 12kg allowance per person(Duffel Bags provided to carry your personal stuff) you will only carry day pack.
• Horse to ride and to carry extra stuff on Salkantay trek only(because horses arev not allowed to use on inca trail. but there will be porters)
• North face 4 season tents
• Extra Entrance to Machupicchu to Climb Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
• Vistadome Train(First Class Train back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
• Private Van back to Cusco from Ollantaytambo
• Bus Down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
• Lunch in Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
• Sleeping bag / Silk Liner included.
• 02 walking poles per person / Rubber tips included.
• 01 Duffel Bags to carry all your sleeping bag, Self-inflating pad as well as your Clothes.(12 kilos allowance)
• Tour Guide to explore Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu all day. and of course we pay a little bit more to the porters and guide
• Note: Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters (HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT; we never overload our porters)(Click here to see a detailed page)
• Huaynapicchu Mountain. 1st Time: 7:00am-8:00am ( ) / 2nd Time: 10:00am-11:00am ( ) We recommend 2nd time after exploring Machupicchu city before crowds
– Goose Down sleeping bag(momie style): US $30
– (Black Dimond)Walking sticks Rubber Tips Included: US $20 for the entire trek.
– Day Pack: US$15
A night in Cusco at our Quechuas Guesthouse: from US $30 per person(Before we do the tour/trek or after the tour/trek)
Additional night in Aguas Calientes: from US$30
Huaynapicchu Mountain: US$90
Machu Picchu Mountain: US$90
Vista Dome Train(Includes Private Transportation From Ollantaytambo to Cusco) US US$70
– UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD: US$40. Please send us a a scanned copy of the student card at the time of booking.
– Under 17 years old: US$40 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
– Under 12 years old: US$50 Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
– Group of 5 or more: US$30 per person. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
– The Briefing for all our treks is a Night before we do the trek at 6:30pm in our office, But if you want us to come to your Hotel let us know in advance.(You will get a chance to meet you guide and as well as to give you your duffel bags)
Most Hotels have storage where you can leave the rest of your stuff while you hike to Machupicchu, But if they dont have you can leave your stuff in our storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Licensed trek operators: The INC (Institute of National Culture) is the regulatory body responsible for controlling access to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail. In order to operate the Inca Trail companies must meet certain basic requirements proving that they have professional guides and good camping equipment, radio communications and emergency first aid including oxygen. The license to operate the Inca Trail is renewed at the beginning of each year. Due to legal problems the Government has found it hard to withdraw licenses from poor performing companies and every tour operator that has satisfied the basic requirements has so far been given a license. Legislation is likely to be introduced later in 2008 to give more power to the Ministry of Tourism and allow them to fine, suspend or close badly performing companies. A comprehensive list of licensed Inca Trail tour operators can be found by clicking here.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for BOOKING the INCA TRAIL for 2017 – 2018
– Whether you are trekking the Inca Trail in 2017, it is recommended to secure your spots as soon as possible (CHECK the OFFICIAL INCA TRAIL AVAILABILITY ABOVE) – there is no reason to wait! – BOOK NOW!
– The number of available spaces shown in this page is for both: for the CLASSIC INCA TRAIL which is done in 4 Days, 5 Days, 3 Days and 6 Days the ones that goes via Salkantay. And the Short Inca Trail that starts from Km 104 always has spaces. Please, confirm which of them are you interested when consulting or booking
– We provide guaranteed Inca Trail departures every single day in 2017 as long as there are available spaces; so you can START THE TREK any date marked in GREEN (except during February when the Inca Trail is closed).
– The Inca Trail is CLOSED every year in FEBRUARY for maintenance, for allowing conservation projects, and too much rain; so this month is not available.
– Whether INCA TRAIL permits for your desired date are SOLD OUT, you can always pre-reserve for another date, for next year or simply consider other alternative tours which get to MachuPicchu as well
– SALKANTAY TREK
– LARES TREK
– INCA JUNGLE TRAIL
– CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK
– VILCABAMBA TREK
– ANCASCOCHA TREK
– OR SHORT INCA TRAIL 2/D or INCA TRAIL 3/D which is available always
– Keep in mind that no matter which tour you choose, the grand tour of MachuPicchu in the end will be almost the same; what will vary is the previous part or how you will get there (this is through the Trails, by Train or through any of the alternative treks)
– The maximum number of available Inca Trail permits is 500. Support staff is included within the five hundred, meaning that only about 200 permits are allocated for tourists and about 300 for cooks, porters and guides each day.
– No travel agency or tour operator will be able to offer you a space for the Inca Trail, unless there are available spaces shown for the date you want to start the trek. Keep also in mind that if you find 90 spaces or less, it means that you have to book your Inca Trail as fast as you can since the remaining spaces can sell out within the following hours or even minutes.
– Also it is important to know that NO matter how many clients cancel their Inca Trail reservations, NOBODY else can use these spaces as the system is designed to prevent some companies to book the spaces with made-up information in advance and then change it with that of their last-minute real clients.
– We hope you find this information on the Inca Trail Availability useful and if so, start dreaming about your next adventure in 2017!
HOW TO BOOK INCA TRAIL
Instructions to Book Online (Reservations) Choose a date
First step: Check the Availability
Ensure that you are making the reservation plenty of time in advance. Check that there are still spaces available in our group and book as far ahead as possible since our trek departures dates are offered on a first-come-first-served basis. Check that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the date that you enter Peru. If you do not have a valid passport or plan to renew your passport before coming to Peru please see our Frequently Asked Questions and Booking & Conditions page for more details.
Choose your preferred date or join us to any of fixed departure date (We need 02 people to open a new departure date) and please note we will never pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. (they share transportation, Food, Guide, Cook and porters) to minimize costs that’s why many charge less than us. because they are thinking to share with other companies. But Quechuas Expeditions organize the trip even the group is of 02 ppl.
We require all Personal information as well as a Non-refundable US$200 to ensure your Inca Trail permits and porters permits as well as Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We have received feedback from many clients saying that our confirmation emails are often directed to their spam folder rather than their inbox. To ensure that you receive our reply, please modify your Junk or Spam filter settings to allow the incoming email@example.com email address. You may also want to add this email address to your list of known contacts.
First check the Inca Trail availability to ensure we have a confirmed date for your departures please click to:
Second step: Check your Personal Information and BOOK
Fill in our Inca Trail booking form(See the Attached File). Please do not make a reservation until you have all the details below. We cannot accept a booking without all the names, nationalities, passport numbers and ages:
The following client information is requested for any Inca Trail booking:
• Complete names and surnames (as in your passport appears)
• Passport Nationality
• Passport number
• Date of Birth
IMPORTANT NOTE: The exact information provided by you will be submitted to the Government Institution (INC) in charge of regulating the access to the Inca Trail and will be included in the official permit to enter the Inca Trail on the requested date. Should there be any change in the above-mentioned data (ie. New passport number), we kindly request you to inform toy your Travel Consultant via e-mail as soon as possible. The government reserves the right not to allow the entry to any visitor whose data are not the exact ones as those in the official permit. Quechuas Expeditions Tours excludes any responsibility for a no entry in case the passenger information has changed without prior notice to us.
Third step: Trek deposit
To secure the Inca Trail Reservation with us, the client must deposit US$200 . Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. Without a down payment your Inca Trail Trek is not confirmed.
Payment can either be made by Western Union, Paypal, Bank Transfer(western union the fastest and safest method of Payment in Peru).
Fourth step: Confirmation Travel Invoice
We will send you a Travel Invoice of the trek and deposit (with the signing of our Travel Consultant), when we receive all requirements above. You have to print this document to show in our office in Cusco.
Fifth Step: Come to Cusco and pay the remaining trek balance in Cash
You can pay the balance of the trek at our offices in Cusco (minimum of 2 days before trek departure, before 10:00am). Payment can be made in cash US$, local currency (Peruvian Nuevo Soles) or American Express Travel Checks (+ 5% commission charged). You can withdraw cash in either US$ or Peruvian Sole from one of the many ATM machines in Cusco (Visa, MasterCard, etc). Prior to departing for Peru it is advisable to inform your bank that you are coming to Peru, so that you do not experience any problems with your credit/bank cards whilst abroad. Remember that the limit that you can withdraw each day in Peru may be less than your normal limit at home.
INCA TRAIL PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING
• Briefing before the Inca Trail
One or two days before departure our representative in Cusco will contact the clients in their hotels, where you will meet with your guide, he’ll provide information and answer any questions they might have about their Inca trail program. We must be informed in which hotels the clients are staying and the date of their arrival.
Where you will meet with your group and guide, here you will be given any rental equipment such as sleeping bags and duffle bags if you have requested extra porter the actual time of your briefing (6 or 7pm) will be confirmed at your check-in at the office 2 days prior to the trek.
If you do not have an operator in Cusco our office can take care of the reconfirmation of any domestic flights to Lima or other cities. Please ask for further information when you make your reservation.
ABOUT CAMPSITES ON THE INCA TRAIL
Please note that we are not in control of the campsites we are issued with from the Institute of National Culture. In general your campsite allocation is dependent on how early you book, or rather, how many permits are left. The first 250 spaces are generally given to Wiñay Wayna (3rd campsite) and thereafter you will have a longer walk to Machu Picchu on the last day and it could mean you do not make it for sunrise. Do not let this disappoint you as Machu Picchu is marvelous in itself!
Porters Working Conditions: In April 2002 a new law was introduced to set a minimum wage for all porters on the Inca Trail. This has followed years of exploitation. This wage is 45 Peruvian Soles per day which is about US$ 16. It may not seem a lot but wages are all relative to livings costs and compared to other professions 45 Soles is quite well paid. Even though the law exists it is not being enforced and many companies are still paying their porters as low as US$ 5 per day. In 2002 the maximum weight that a porter can carry was limited to 20kg (15kg load + 5kg personal items). All porters have their weight checked by government officials at the start of the trail. However even this system is open to abuse and many tour operators get their guides and assistants to carry large loads across the checkpoint where they are dropped and left for the porters to pick up. Many trekkers who have hired an extra porter are also asked to carry their bags across the checkpoint to be given to the porters after they have been weighed. (and Many Travel agencies are sharing porters once they are on the Inca trail that’s why most of the are overloaded and there are agencies that include porter service on their prices because they don’t care they only want to sell Inca Trail)So even with the new regulations and a weigh-station at the beginning of the trail it is still possible to see porters carry loads of up to 35kg or more.
What about my luggage which I don’t need on the trek?
We suggest you to leave your entire luggage, which you don’t need during the trekking, behind in your hotel. Almost every hotel in Cusco has a safety deposit where you can store your luggage and do not charge for this service when you’ll return to the same hotel after your trek. But if they dont have a place we also have a place where you can leave with us. Let us know Please.
How much does the sleeping mat and sleeping bag weigh?
Sleep mat weight = 1 kg
Sleeping bag weight = 2 kg
What if I have a medical emergency while hiking the trail?
Guides carry a first aid kit for basic medical problems (traveler’s diarrhea, cuts/ scrapes, etc.). They receive Red Cross First Aid and other emergency training every year. Our guides lead over 300 travelers along the Inca trail each year and we have rarely had a traveler unable to complete the hike. In these rare instances when someone has not felt well enough to finish the hike, he/ she has been escorted back to Cusco and generally felt well enough to re-join the group in Machu Picchu via train a few days later. Cusco has the nearest modern medical facilities so travelers with a serious medical emergency would need to be evacuated there. Guides and porters have pre-established evacuation strategies in place should this need occur.
What equipment is supplied by Quechuas Expeditions?
We supply the sleeping tents (4 season Aluminum poles tents, 2 people in each 3-people-capacity ten), dining tents, tables, chairs, toilet tents, cooking equipment, water purifiers, air Thermarest mattresses, and other camping equipment. Our outfitter purchases the highest quality equipment in Peru and older equipment is evaluated and replaced on a regular basis.
What do I need to carry?
We recommend that travelers carry the items that they will need each day while hiking such as water, snacks, camera and film. Porters will carry all of your other supplies including camping equipment, clothes, sleeping bags, etc. We generally ask travelers to bring only the belongings that they will need for the trail and leave any unneeded luggage at the hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley. To prevent porters from becoming overloaded, we ask all travelers to limit their personal belongings to 12 lbs for the hike.
and if you have an extra porter he will carry all your personal stuff and depends on the pottering service you have requested
Full Porter(12kg) Half Porter(6kg) and Porter to carry Sleeping bag and Pad(4 kg)
What are the guides like?
Our Quechuas Expeditions Tours guides are among the very best and most experienced guides anywhere. They are from the surrounding Cusco/ Sacred Valley area and speak fluent English, in addition to Spanish and the native language of Quechua. Most have 5-10 years of experience leading Inca trail hikes and all have training in the history, spirituality, culture, and ecology of the area. We receive rave reviews on our guides. For more information, check out our Testimonials at: Our Testimonials Most of them are highly recommended by Lonely Planet, Trip Advisor.
What is the food like on the Inca trail?
A cook accompanies every group on the Inca trail. Almost invariably, travelers comment on the delicious menu. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and hearty snacks are provided for your hike. Meals are a mix of local specialties and international favorites. Check out our Inca Trail menu. Vegetarian meals are also available upon request. Other special dietary requests can usually be accommodated as well with sufficient notice. (You will never be hungry with us. there will be plenty of food)
How is drinking water supplied?
Although there are places to purchase bottled water occasionally along the trail, we recommend that travelers bring their own refillable bottles to limit plastic waste. Water is boiled, treated with iodine, and then filtered with one of our portable filters (Katadyn and PUR commonly used). It is available in the morning to fill your bottles and at every meal.
What about late cancellations?
Current regulations do not allow us to replace cancelled passengers with new passengers. Trek permits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If I give you my deposit now, do you buy my permit immediately?
Not necessarily immediately, but we customarily purchase the permits within a few days of receiving your deposit.
and if you want us to act Asap (Send us Your deposit by Western Union wich is the fastest and safest way in Cusco, Peru and we can get the money in Minutes and Confirm the Trip in Minutes as well.)
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.