Choquequirao Trek 3D/2N(Challenge)
Choquequirao Trekking to Machupicchu
First day: Cusco – Cachora – Capuliyoc – Chiquisca
For the choquequirao trek, is needed an early departure from Cusco at around 05:00 hrs, arriving to Cachora village in approximately 4 hours. Cachora is the last town in the trek, at this site we start our choquequirao trek. our equipment will be taken on the mules or horses. A nice view of the majestic padrayoc mountain is seen from the trail and Wayna Cachora snow capped peaks, the choquequirao trek give us the beautiful changing landscapes, from precipices to snowy mountains.
On the way, we will observe Apurimac canyon with its impressive depth, and the second day up hill which makes choquequirao trek, as of the hardest treks in Cusco, from this site also you canÂ see at very large distance the famous choquequirao inca site. from a place called capuliyoc the trail leads by down hill up to Chiquisca “camp ground”. The distance is about 8 hours of trek, and 19 kilometers of distance.Â Along the choquequirao trek 1st day we will pass the small settlement named la Colmena (2870 above sea level), after this there is .
Choquequirao trek 1st day difficulty: medium challenge 19 KMs
Second Day: Chiquisca – Choquequirao
This is a hard section of the choquequirao trek, an early morning wake up is needed, where delicious breakfast will be waiting for, soon after the hike starts crossing apurimac river, at this section the choquequirao trek goes byÂ switch back trail uphill until choquequirao, but do not worry on the trail we make several stops to catch energy and enjoy the nature, santa rosa is a nice stop point were even some bear will be available to buy and drink, the choquequirao trek in this section provides some clear water spring inviting to get it, further up lunch is in a wide view point where alsoÂ we finish the hardest part of choquequirao trek. after lunch, there is coming enjoyable section leading to choquequirao, a trail with small ups and downs and after 2 more hours the group will arrive the second camp ground of choquequirao trek camp ground, our team
Â will set up tents, from trailÂ nice terraces of the lower choquequirao are seen. if there is timeÂ we may try to summit choquequirao inca site in order to wait and see if lucky the flight of condors. choquequirao trek highest camp (3.100 masl).
Choquequirao Trek 2nd day difficulty: hard work challenge 13 KMs.
Third Day: Choquequirao – Capuliyoc – Cachora – Cusco
After an early breakfast starts the guiding tour in choquequirao inca site, where all information is given by our native professional tour guide. after guided tour, we descend a deep canyon on switch back trail to the apurimac river and cross it, the descend is very hard and need good valance and strong legs, playa san Ignacio is a good spot for a relax, but too hot and mosquitoes, lunch at the place and continue a gentle uphill trail to reach Capuliyoc where our vehicle waits and drive back to cusco.
CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK INCLUDES:
– Private Transportation To Cachora(Trailhead)
– English – Spanish speaking guide for 12 days of the Salkantay and Machupicchu.
– Guided assistance (up to 9 passengers)
– Thermarest air-inflate Confortable sleeping pad
– Cook and assistance of the Cook.
– Cooking equipment
– Daily tea service
– Dining equipment including chairs and tables
– Portable environmental Biodegradable toilet (The Pett)
– Food service in the campsites (2 breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu
– Vegetarian menu at no extra cost
– Personal trekking food – nutritionally balanced menu(Buffet)
– Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – Kayla Doite)
– Horseman and Horses.(To carry our camping equipment, food and 14 kilos of your personal stuff like: sleeping bag and mat as well as cothes) We Never overload our Horses(well Animal Welfare). During Choquequirao and Salkantay Sector.
– Porters to carry all our camping equipment as well as food.
– Choquequirao, Salkantay, Classic Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 12 days
– Visit to Machu Picchu on the 12th day
– Classic Inca Trail permits
– Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our Cook and horseman
– Return Expeditions train ticket to Poroy / according to the availability we will use the same category of train to Ollantaytambo
– Private Transportation from the train station to Cusco
– First-aid kit
– Emergency oxygen bottle
– Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
– Pre trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office)
– Insurance policy for our porters and Cooks.
CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK DOESNT INCLUDE:
– Extra expenses
– Breakfast – Day 1
– Lunch and dinner – Day 12
– Not detailed meals
– Tips (optional)
ADDITIONAL THINGS AND UPGRADES:
– Extra Horse to Carry extra things/12kg- US$100
– Extra Horse To Ride /90kg-Weight Limit US$300 Day 1-2-3 and Includes an Horseman to control the horse.
– Upgrade to first class Vistadome Train US$60
– Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person.(Based on twin bed room)
– Huaynapicchu Mountain Entrance ticket US$20(2 hours round trip) based on availability and book in advance
– Extra Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person based on twin bed room with private bathroom
– Single tents available for extra cost (USD$ 20 for the entire trip)
– Walking sticks: it can be rented from us. (02 poles US$20 for the entire trip)
– Sleeping bags: it can be rented from us.(US$30 for the entire trip)
– Sleeping liners: it can be bought from us.(US$15)
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
– Original Passport and Original Green ISIC international student cards if you are students.
– Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals
– Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks)
– Waterproof clothing (poncho)
– Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts)
– Sunhat and sunglasses
– Sun cream and insect repellent
– Water bottles such as Nalgene
– Basic medications
– Walking sticks
– Swimsuit and towel
– Personal items
– Personal snacks
– Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Quechuas Expeditions offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 4/Days – 2017 – 2018
Small Group Service:(Group Size: 02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum)
Price per person Adult US$540 & Students US$520 / 7 Kilos Portering Service included /Duffel Bag provided by QE
Please,Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
MARCH 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
APRIIL 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
MAY 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JUNE 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JULY 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
AUGUST 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
SEPTEMBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
OCTOBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
NOVEMBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
DECEMBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JANUARY 2019: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK PRIVATE SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE UPON REQUEST) 4/Days – 2017 – 2018 and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as:
02 persons group / US$1000 per person
03 persons group / US$980 per person
04 persons group / US$960 per person
05 persons group / US$940 per person
06-8 persons group / US$920 per person
- Extra Horse to Ride Ride(1-2-3-4-5 days only)
- Private Transportation round trip
- North face 4 season tents
- Sleeping bag / Silk Liner included.
- 02 walking poles per person / Rubber tips included.
- 01 Duffel Bags to carry all your sleeping bag, Self-inflating pad as well as your Clothes.
- Tour Guide to explore Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu all day. and of course we pay a little bit more to our staff and guide
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.