FIRST CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY :
Arriving at Cachora town at 7.00 in the morning where we will have our breakfast while we arrange the equipment on mules and horses. Already from the village of Cachora we can observe the majestic Padrayoc snow covered peaks, the highest is 5482 m.a.s.l. The hike on this first day is 21.70 km or 10 hours. On the way we will observe Padrayoc and Wayna Cachora snow covered peaks. We can appreciate the beautiful change of the landscape from precipices to snowy mountains. The walk starts quite flat with views to snow covered peaks and small farms on the step mountainsides. From the viewpoint of Capuliyoc, where we might see condors, the descent towards the Apurímac Canyon starts. As the vegetation is changing from Agave and Tunacactus forest to dwarftree forest we have lunch brake at Chiquisqa (1950 m.a.s.l.). From here we continue the descent to the abundant Apurímac River in 1550 m.a.s.l. in the impressing deep canyon of the same name. After a short brake at the river we start the steep climb towards Santa Rosa, where we camp for the night in a small sugarcane plantation (2115 m.a.s.l.).
SECOND CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
Early morning after breakfast, we continue our hike going up to Choquekiraw. The first 2-3 hours are going up steep, but then it will change between flat and climb the rest of the way surrounded by beautiful vegetation with several varieties of orchids. We will arrive to the archaeological place CHOQUEKIRAO after 5 hours. After a good lunch and a little break we will walk to the main square of Choquekirao, to enjoy this majestic place, where we will observe the three levels of the excavated ruin. Approximately at 3 o’clock in the afternoon (depends of the weather) • we can be lucky to appreciate “the flight of the Condors”. The guide will decide where to set our camp in Raqaypata (2910 m.a.s.l.).
THIRD CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
After breakfast we have good time to enjoy the majestic archaeological place. We can appreciate houses, terraces and other parts of this late Inca-town. Besides we see the ruin in progress of excavation and finally areas unexplored- that can tell us about this last refuge of the oppressed Inca empire. After the lunch we walk through Choquekirao, with all equipment going to our next camp. We follow the old water canal for a while before we start the 3 hours walk to the Pinchinuyoc ruins found in 1998. First we walk through cloud forest, but then all becomes steep open prairie with open views of the Mountains and valleys. Pinchinoyoc – these ruins are something very special. All of a sudden they appear in the cloud forest, almost invisible because of the thick layer of mosses and other vegetation that covers it. Here we spend the night basically on the old Inca Terraces.
FOURTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
This morning we walk down through an interesting vegetation know as Dry Andean Highland Forest. Trees and plants here look different to what we have seen before. We arrive to the river Victoria after a few hours and use the brake here to get a refreshing bath in the cold and clear river water. We cross walking through the river, since there are no bridges. After our brake we start the long and steep climb to our camp in Maizal, high over the river close to the sacred Apus of the Incas. On the way up we catch our breath in the shade of small trees and other vegetations on the way up. In Maizal we have our lunch and enjoy, that we can relax this afternoon- with only optional physical activity. Maizal is properly the camp in the most beautiful location of them all. From here we see 3 valleys and a great snow peak right across from us. A good place to lean back and think.
FIFTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
We leave our camp in Maizal and walk towards the San Juan pass. Again a long climb, but we walk in a amazingly beautiful area- first with cloud forest and then over Andean Puna with the well known ichu grass. We rest at some of the Victoria mines, where metal shining stones tell about a high concentration of minerals and metals. On our way through the Puna we walk on very well preserved Inca trails, among other characteristics with the classic zigzag. We take lunch at the pass in 4000 m.a.s.l. with view of the mountain Choquetakarpo, before we start the descent towards Yanama, a small isolated settlement at the bottom of a long valley surrounded by mountains.
SIXTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY :
We continue from Yanama up through the valley towards the highest point of the tour, The Yanama Pass in 4500 m.a.s.l. On the way we have a good view of the snow capped Sacsarayoc. Once again we have the chance to see condors, and this mornings smooth climb bring us through new landscapes- especially the wet grass fields under the snowline that distinguish from everything else seen on the tour. In the pass we might walk in snow, and the descent is a long foggy hike through grassy fields- and bush areas and crossing small wood/dirt bridges on the way towards the community of Totora, where we spend the night.
SEVENTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
We now walk the about 2000 meters down through the changing vegetations to the warmer camp in the village of La Playa. Approx. 7 hours walking. On the way we see small waterfalls and get a refreshing natural bath. The area also has a big variation of bird life and it is now obvious that the climate and vegetations have changed totally, and now we see plants recognizable from the living rooms in Europe and several types of orchids. The Playa is the biggest village on the way, where we can find some small shops to buy snack etc. In this area we can see small plantations of coffee and bananas.
EIGHTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
From the Playa to the Hydroelectric at the Urubamba River. This morning we will work up one newly opened Inca trail. This trail originally was used to transport agricultural products to the population on Machu Picchu and it takes us through an area with coffee plantations and subtropical fruits and crops. As we come up higher the trail the vegetations changes between dry and grassy with flowers and moist cloud forest. In the pass we are suddenly in a cool dense wood full of trees covered with thick mosses. Shortly hereafter we see for the first time the impressing Machu Picchu on a mountain saddle further into the valley. 10 minutes more and we arrive to our lunch spot called Llactapata. He we have our lunch while enjoying the views of Machu Picchu and the beautiful mountains. Then we walk the last part downhill and along the river to the Hydroelectric. Here we can visit on fine Intihuatana while waiting for the train or continue walking to Aguas Calientes where we arrive in the afternoon. We spend the night in a nice hotel.
NINTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
From Aguas Calientes we walk or take bus to Machu Picchu. We start our visit with a 2-3 hours guided tour, that will bring us to the most important locations at the archaeological site and the guide will tell us about the great importance Machu Picchu enjoyed as astronomical and religious center. The rest of the day we spend at this amazing ruin and you will have the chance to climb Wayna Picchu or visit the beautiful moon temple. We meet in the afternoon in Aguas Calientes where we take the train to Ollantaytambo, and from here bus to Cusco. In Cusco we go to at central placed hotel close to the colonial style Plaza de Armas.
CHOQUEQUIRAO-MACHUPICCHU TREK INCLUDES:
- Private Tourist Transportation Cachora and Extra 30 minutes to Marcocassa to get better views and skip the dusty road.
and from Cachora to Ollantaytambo to Take the train to Aguas calientes town. (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
- English – Spanish speaking guide for 5 days of the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English.
- Second Guide Over 08 people Group(Large Group Service)
- Thermarest air-inflate Confortable sleeping Mattress (While others agencies are using foam mat) Thats why many of them run away from us. Because they dont want their passengers to see the Quality of our Camping equipment)
- Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas Expeditions every month)
- Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months)
- Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
- Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
- Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
- Food service in the campsites (8 breakfast, 8 lunches, 8 dinners, 8 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
- Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
- Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – Kayla Doite) 4 season tent Aluminium poles Tents
- Transportation From Ollantaytambo to cusco (For our Staff)
- Horseman and Horses.(To carry our camping equipment, food and 7 kilos of your personal stuff like: sleeping bag and mat as well as cothes) We Never overload our Horses(well Animal Welfare). And we will Provide you a Duffel bag(at The Breifing Time) for all your personal stuff to be carried by horses.
- Choquequirao and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 5 days
- Insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
- Visit to Choquequirao and Machu Picchu on the 4th day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
- Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our porters as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment and all of them are limited to carry 20kg only)
- Tourist Expeditions Train from Ollantaytambo Between 5:00pm to 7:00pm and Return Tourist Expeditions train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Train time is at 6:20pm and this time will allow you to stay in machupicchu almost all day without rushing your Exploration. and if you upgrade to Vistadome the train will be at 3:48pm.
- Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
- First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
- Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Inca Trail)
- Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
- Pre trek Orientation – briefing A day before we do the Trek. (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
- Single Tents upon request with no extra cost.
- Water for Driking: we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time. Please, bring enough water for the 1st day.
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!)
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things which are Included
- Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don’t have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.
– Quechuas Expeditions Detailed Page of Camping Equipment, Food and other imporntant things:
- Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Quechuas Expeditions Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
CHOQUEQUIRAO-MACHUPICCHU DOESNT INCLUDE: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
- Extra expenses
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Lunch and dinner – Day 9
- Not detailed meals
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
ADDITIONAL THINGS AND UPGRADES:
- Extra Horse to Carry extra things/12kg- US$100
- Extra Horse To Ride /90kg-Weight Limit US$200 Day 1 & 2 and Includes an Horseman to control the horse.
- Upgrade to first class Vistadome Train US$60
- Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person.(Based on twin bed room)
- Huaynapicchu Mountain Entrance ticket US$20(2 hours round trip) based on availability and book in advance
- Extra Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person based on twin bed room with private bathroom (This is in case you need to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes town)
- Walking sticks: it can be rented from us. (02 poles US$20 for the entire trip)
- Sleeping bags: it can be rented from us.(US$30 for the entire trip)
- Sleeping liners: it can be bought from us.(US$15)
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
- Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Quechuas Expeditions offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
Prices & Availability
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
CHOQUEQUIRAO TO MACHUPICCHU 9/Days – 2017 – 2018
Small Group Service:(Group Size: 02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum)
Price per person Adult US$1300 & Students US$1280 / 7 Kilos Portering Service included /Duffel Bag provided by QE
Please,Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
MARCH 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
APRIIL 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
MAY 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JUNE 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JULY 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
AUGUST 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
SEPTEMBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
OCTOBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
NOVEMBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
DECEMBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JANUARY 2019: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
CHOQUEQUIRAO – MACHUPICCHU TREK PRIVATE SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE UPON REQUEST) 9/Days – 2017 – 2018 and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as:
02 persons group / US$1800 per person
03 persons group / US$1850 per person
04 persons group / US$1800 per person
05 persons group / US$1750 per person
06-8 persons group / US$1700 per person
- Extra Horse to Ride Ride(1-2-3-4-5 days only)
- Hotel 3 stars (At Aguas Calientes Town)
- North face 4 season tents
- Entrance to climb Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
- Vistadome Train(First Class train back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
- Private Van back to cusco from ollantaytambo
- Train Ticket( From Hydroelectric Plant to Aguas Calientes 40 Minutes ride)
- Bus Round Trip ( Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
- Bus Down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Lunch in Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag / Silk Liner included.
- 02 walking poles per person / Rubber tips included.
- 01 Duffel Bags to carry all your sleeping bag, Self-inflating pad as well as your Clothes.
- Tour Guide to explore Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu all day. and of course we pay a little bit more to our staff and guide
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.