Rainbow Mountain + Machupicchu 3D/2N
The Rainbow Mountain of Peru, also known as Vinicunca, are stunning and can be seen on the spectacular Ausangate Trek. Ausangate mountain itself is considered a holy mountain (or mountain spirit) by local Peruvians and is the deity of Cusco. Since pre-Inca times the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues today. Most trips that allow you to see the Rainbow Mountains require a trek of at least 6 days. That has changed with this brand new itinerary. We have designed this hike so that it can be done as a day trip!
On this trek you will see quaint villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas and you will have magnificent views of the Ausangate Glacier (6,385 m / 20,945 ft), the highest mountain in the Cusco region. With uninterrupted beauty and solitude, this is a spectacular trip for trekkers who love a true outdoor adventure.
First Day: Cusco – Quesiuno – Hampatuyoc Rumi – Pampa Camp
Your day starts in Cusco where you are picked up at 5:00 am for a 4-hour trip via private Kondor van to the start of the trail, along the way we will stop at Checacuppe village to enjoy the old Inca/Colonial bridge, also on the way we stops at nice Andes location for taking full pictures. Rainbow Mountain Hiking Trail Peru Already at Quesiuno 4,326 m / 14,189 ft. Rainbow Mountain Hiking Trail Peru begin our hike to Hampatuyoc (1 ½.hour hike to lunch area). After about 3 hours and a half hiking up, we reach Pampa base camp 4,885 m / 16,026 ft. You will have a nice afternoon tea and popcorn close to a glacial peak and the Rainbow mountain chain “Rainbow Mountain Hiking Trail Peru”.
Meals: Lunch, Afternoon tea, Dinner
Early morning pickup from your hotel (5:00 am)
Private transfer to the trailhead “Quesiuno”
In the way by Kondor Transport we explore Checacuppe Inca/Colonial bridge, Uchulluqllo lookout, Ocefina Andes Cañon view and others!
Lunch at Hampatuyoc Rumi
Walking distance: 6 km / 9.6 miles approx.
Estimated duration: 4 hours trek
Highest point: Pampa base camp 4,885 m / 16,026 ft.
Campsite elevation: Pampa base camp 4,885 m / 16,026 ft Rainbow Mountain Hiking Trail Peru.
Weather: Cold, and very cold!
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Second Day: Pampa – Rainbow Mountain Pass Vinicunca – Cusco
This morning we will be ascending through dark red mountains to Vinicunca Pass 5,020 m / 16,466 ft. for the first spectacular views of the Psychedelic Rainbow Mountains of Peru “The Ausangate region is incredibly colorful with a magical landscape”. Rainbow Mountain Hiking Trail Peru Then we will begin to descent to an Andes meadows with incredible views of glacial peaks, lakes, mounts and other). and then we take our private transport that drives to Ollantaytambo train station where we catch the train to Aguas Calientes, spend the night in a nice Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
Meals: Wake up tea in your tent, Breakfast, and Lunch.
Today we will enjoy the full Vistas of Rainbow Mountains Peru
Walking Distance: 8 km / 12.8 miles approx. “up and downhill trek” trekking poles are recommended!
Estimated duration: 5 hours.
Highest point: Rainbow Pass 5,020 m / 16,466 ft.
Early afternoon we return to Cuzco by Kondor van.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Third Day: Visit Machu Picchu full day / Back to Cusco
Breakfast at your hotel; full day Excursion to Machu Picchu, early transfer to the Bus Stop for the short ride (25 minutes) up to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Upon arrival, you will participate in a guided tour of the Citadel, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial (the most important preserved Intihuatana), the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, houses, warehouses, a large central square; and all connected by narrow roads and steps that are surrounded by terraces cut into the mountain side. After the tour you’ll have time to stroll around the Archaeological Site at your leisure.
Opportunity to walk (approx 1 hour) up to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) or climb to the top of Wayna Picchu, with a magnificent view of the whole Sanctuary, return in the afternoon by train to Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK INCLUDES:
– Private Tourist Transportation To Quesoyuno (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
– English – Spanish speaking guide for 3 days of the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English.
– Second Guide Over 08 people Group(Large Group Service)
– Thermarest air-inflate Confortable sleeping Mattress (While others agencies are using foam mat) Thats why many of them run away from us. Because they dont want their passengers to see the Quality of our Camping equipment)
– Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas Expeditions every month)
– Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months)
– Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
– Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
– Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
– Food service in the campsites (2 breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
– Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
– Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – Kayla Doite) 4 season tent Aluminium poles Tents
– Transportation From Ollantaytambo to cusco 3rd (For our Staff)
– Horseman and Horses or porters.(To carry our camping equipment, food and 7 kilos of your personal stuff like: sleeping bag and mat as well as cothes) We Never overload our Horses(well Animal Welfare). And we will Provide you a Duffel bag(at The Breifing Time) for all your personal stuff to be carried by horses.
– Rainbow mountain and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 3 days
– Insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
– Visit to Machu Picchu on the 3rd day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
– Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our porters as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment and all of them are limited to carry 20kg only)
– Tourist Expeditions Train from Ollantaytambo Between 5:00pm to 7:00pm and Return Tourist Expeditions train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Train time is at 6:20pm and this time will allow you to stay in machupicchu almost all day without rushing your Exploration. and if you upgrade to Vistadome the train will be at 3:48pm.
– Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
– First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
– Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Inca Trail)
– Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
– Pre trek Orientation – briefing A day before we do the Trek. (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
– Single Tents upon request with no extra cost.
– Water for Driking: we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time. Please, bring enough water for the 1st day.
– Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!)
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things which are Included
- Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don’t have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.
– Quechuas Expeditions Detailed Page of Camping Equipment, Food and other imporntant things:
Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
LARES TREK DOESNT INCLUDE: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
- Extra expenses
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Lunch and dinner – Day 5
- Not detailed meals
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
ADDITIONAL THINGS AND UPGRADES:
- Extra Horse to Carry extra things/12kg- US$100
- Extra Horse To Ride /90kg-Weight Limit US$200 Day 1 & 2 and Includes an Horseman to control the horse.
- Upgrade to first class Vistadome Train US$60
- Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person.(Based on twin bed room)
- Huaynapicchu Mountain Entrance ticket US$20(2 hours round trip) based on availability and book in advance
- Extra Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person based on twin bed room with private bathroom (This is in case you need to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes town)
- Walking sticks: it can be rented from us. (02 poles US$20 for the entire trip)
- Sleeping bags: it can be rented from us.(US$30 for the entire trip)
- Sleeping liners: it can be bought from us.(US$15)
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
- Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Quechuas Expeditions offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
Prices & Availability
To confirm this trip we need you to send us your personal information, Deposit of US$100 per person as well as the name of the hotel to come and pick you up.
SHARED GROUP SERVICE 2016 – 2017
Price per person US$480 Includes: Transportation round trip, Guide, Breakfast & Lunch, Entrance fee(Group size: 04 – 12 ppl)
PRIVATE GROUP SERVICE 2016 – 2017
Price based on Number of ppl departing that date. Includes: Guide, Private Tourist Bus, Entrance fee to see the rainbow mountain, 01 Breakfast, 01 Lunch(Group size: Upon Request)
02 persons group / US$620 per person
03 persons group / US$600 per person
04 persons group / US$580 per person
05 persons group / US$560 per person
06-8 more persons group / US$540 per person
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
Booking Form 2016 – 2017
Quechuas Expeditions The best Local Tour Company/ Memorable lifetime experience Providers!!! Due to government regulations the number of trekkers and visitors permitted on the Inca Trail are 500 people, the citadel of Machu Picchu 2500 people and Huayna Picchu Mt 400 people….All bookings must be made well in advance. Before making any reservations please read the following information:
1.- If you are booking an Inca Trail with QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS, please click on the Inca Trail Availability. Check your start date to make sure the government still have permits available. You only need a permit for your start date (not each day trekking) and we will secure the permit on your behalf.
2.- If you are booking a tour or any package, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability. We can then share with you all of the fantastic options available. Note: For all other treks & tours we only need two trekkers to open a new group.
IMPORTANT: Please note, we are UNABLE to accept any bookings without completed booking form and deposit sent to QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS. All deposits are $200 per person for Inca Trail Treks and US$100 for Alternative treks, Please Note: Depsoit are non-refundable, non- transferable. We accept payments through PayPal, Western Union and Bank Transfer. And once its done you have to send us a confirmation Tracking Number to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org We will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received, Please see our PAYPAL payments. The Final Balance will be paid 2 days before the trip. Once you are in Cusco at our Office which can be done in US$ or soles (Local Currency!)
and if you want to send us a fast Booking form Copy and paste and send us filled out: Otherwise we can also send you an attached booking form.
Name of the tour:……………..Departure date(Back up dates):…………………Number of ppl in your Group………….
Group Size you want us to place you:
– Large Group Service: Group Size (04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum over 08 ppl 02 Guides) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Small Group Service: Group Size (02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Private Service Upon Request No ( ) / Yes( )
Method of payment you have used. Transaction ID Number to confirm the trip:…………………………
Passenger # 01
Passport Name (first & family):
Passport Expiry Date:
Age (at time of starting the trek):
Gender: Male / Female
Student with ISIC card: No / Yes. Send us a scanned copy of ISIC
Vegetarian / special diet meals required: No / Yes (if yes please give details)
Sleeping bag rental for the 4 day trek US$30: No ( ) / Yes( )
Walking Poles(02) / US$20: No / Yes
Day pack to carry Personal Items / US$10: No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgraded Vistadome Train (Large Window Train) at Between 2:30pm – 15:48pm US$60: No ( ) / Yes( )
Inca Trail / Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$80/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Alternative treks Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$20 No ( ) / Yes( )
Full Porter to carry (Full) 12kg of personal Stuff US$150 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefings(Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (Half) to carry 6kg of personal Stuff US$75 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefing (Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (to carry Sleeping Bag and Pad) 4kg of personal Stuff US$50 Entire Trip / No ( ) / Yes( )
Extra Night at Aguas Calientes Town US$30 per person(breakfast included/No ( ) / Yes( )
Quechuas Guesthouse Before or After the Tour/Trek US$30 per person(breakfast included/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person(Alternative Treks only) No ( ) / Yes( )