Ausangate Machupicchu Trek 6D/5N
This is an impressive trek around the snow-capped Ausangate mountains (6,372m) which can be done by horse or walking. You will pass over 5,200 m where it is possible to see some vicunas and also many alpaca herds, which is the main income for the Andean people on this area. You can bathe in hot springs and see red and green lakes with Ducks, Pintails, Andean Coots, Puna Ibis, Andean Goose.and much more.
An unforgettable and challenging hike for lovers of mountain treks. The nights are cold but during the day it can be very hot. The APU AUSANGATE as it is called by the andean people, is a holy mountain, which still these days people prey on it asking for good agriculture, good life for their animals and good health for themselves. Every year in june there is an expedition of catolic religious people to the Senor of Qóylloriti which is a temple made up at 5200 masl to celebrate the catholic cross, the sun and the Apu Ausangate of the Inkas.
It is very important to mention that the religion of the peruvians nowadays is mixed: the cristian catholic belief and the believing of the ancestors: the Apus (mountains) and Pachamama (mother earth).
Day 1: Cusco – Tinki – Upis
We leave at 5:00 am from Cusco in private bus, taking the road that goes to Puerto Maldonado. After 6 hours driving we arrive to Tinki at 3800 m asl. On the way from Cusco to Tinki we pass through many agricultural areas and beautifull landscapes.
From Tinki we start walking for 5 hours to Upis where we will have our first camp at 4200 masl.
Day 2: Upis To Jatun Pucaqocha
After an early breakfast will leave Upis and ascend for two hours to reach the La Arapa pass (4850 masl). On the trek we pass through areas with many vizcachas (relatives of the rabbits) also the view of the Ausangate is very impressive from the top, as we descend we see the beautifull lakes with green or turquoise colors. We wil set up the camp close the lake Jatun Pucaqocha (big red lake).
Day 3: Jatun Pucaqocha To Uchuy Finaya
On this day we will pass over two passes, the second pass of Apuchata in 4900m asl. And right after that the third pass the Palomani pass at 5200masl. Finally arriving to Uchuy Finaya where we will camp. Also from here the view is very spectacular because we can see the back side of the Ausangate mountain, also on the way we see many Alpaca herds.
Day 4: Huchuy Finaya To Pacchanta
On this day we have the fourth pass the Q´ampa pass 5000 m asl. The possibilities to observe vicunas are very good on this day, also for people who would like to see birds on the lakes or flying, eg. Crested Duck, Ground Tyrants and Puna Hawks.
The Viscachas are very common close to Pacchanta, place of the hot spring and camp.
Day 5: Pacchanta – Tinki – Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu
After an early breakfast ,we leave Pacchanta towards Tinki, which will take us approximately 2 hours. From Tinki we take our private bus back to Cusco and then Ollantaytambo where we take the train to Aguas Calientes where we do overnight.
Day 6: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
After an early breakfast, we start walking up to Machupicchu to be the first one (1 and half hours) or we can take the bus up to Machu picchu ( 30 minutes up) and bus leaves at 5:30am. once we are there we register and start on our 3 hours guided visit. After enjoying Machupicchu, we will walk down or take the bus down to Aguas Calientes where you will have free time to enjoy hot springs have a lunch before we return to Ollantaytambo and then Bus back to cusco.
AUSANGATE – MACHUPICCHU TREK INCLUDES:
- Private Tourist Transportation To Tinki. (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
- English – Spanish speaking guide for 6 days of the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only)
- All of them speak Fluent English.
- Second Guide Over 08 people Group(Large Group Service)
- Thermarest air-inflate Confortable sleeping Mattress (While others agencies are using foam mat) Thats why many of them run away from us. Because they dont want their passengers to see the Quality of our Camping equipment)
- Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas
- Expeditions every month)
- Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months)
- Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
- Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
- Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
- Food service in the campsites (5 breakfast, 5 lunches, 5 dinners, 5 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu:
- Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
- Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
- Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – Kayla Doite) 4 season tent Aluminium poles Tents
- Transportation From Ollantaytambo to cusco 3rd (For our Staff)
- Horseman and Horses.(To carry our camping equipment, food and 7 kilos of your personal stuff like: sleeping bag and mat as well as cothes) We Never overload our Horses(well Animal Welfare). And we will Provide you a Duffel bag(at The Breifing Time) for all your personal stuff to be carried by horses.
- Ausangate and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 6 days
- Insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
- Visit to Machu Picchu on the 4th day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
- Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our porters as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment and all of them are limited to carry 20kg only)
- Tourist Expeditions Train from Ollantaytambo Between 5:00pm to 7:00pm and Return Tourist Expeditions train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Train time is at 6:20pm and this time will allow you to stay in machupicchu almost all day without rushing your Exploration. and if you upgrade to Vistadome the train will be at 3:48pm.
- Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
- First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
- Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Inca Trail)
- Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
- Pre trek Orientation – briefing A day before we do the Trek. (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
- Single Tents upon request with no extra cost.
- Water for Driking: we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time. Please, bring enough water for the 1st day.
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!)
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things which are Included
- Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don’t have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.
– Quechuas Expeditions Detailed Page of Camping Equipment, Food and other imporntant things:
- Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Quechuas Expeditions Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
AUSANGATE – MACHUPICCHU TREK DOESNT INCLUDE: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
- Extra expenses
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Lunch and dinner – Day 6
- Not detailed meals
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
ADDITIONAL THINGS AND UPGRADES:
- Extra Horse to Carry extra things/12kg- US$100
- Extra Horse To Ride /90kg-Weight Limit US$200 Day 1 & 2 and Includes an Horseman to control the horse.
- Upgrade to first class Vistadome Train US$60
- Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person.(Based on twin bed room)
- Huaynapicchu Mountain Entrance ticket US$20(2 hours round trip) based on availability and book in advance
- Extra Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person based on twin bed room with private bathroom (This is in case you need to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes town)
- Walking sticks: it can be rented from us. (02 poles US$20 for the entire trip)
- Sleeping bags: it can be rented from us.(US$30 for the entire trip)
- Sleeping liners: it can be bought from us.(US$15)
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
- Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Quechuas Expeditions offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek
Prices & Availability
Booking Form 2016 – 2017
Quechuas Expeditions The best Local Tour Company/ Memorable lifetime experience Providers!!! Due to government regulations the number of trekkers and visitors permitted on the Inca Trail are 500 people, the citadel of Machu Picchu 2500 people and Huayna Picchu Mt 400 people….All bookings must be made well in advance. Before making any reservations please read the following information:
1.- If you are booking an Inca Trail with QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS, please click on the Inca Trail Availability. Check your start date to make sure the government still have permits available. You only need a permit for your start date (not each day trekking) and we will secure the permit on your behalf.
2.- If you are booking a tour or any package, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability. We can then share with you all of the fantastic options available. Note: For all other treks & tours we only need two trekkers to open a new group.
IMPORTANT: Please note, we are UNABLE to accept any bookings without completed booking form and deposit sent to QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS. All deposits are $200 per person for Inca Trail Treks and US$100 for Alternative treks, Please Note: Depsoit are non-refundable, non- transferable. We accept payments through PayPal, Western Union and Bank Transfer. And once its done you have to send us a confirmation Tracking Number to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org We will email you your booking invoice and confirmation once your details and deposit are received, Please see our PAYPAL payments. The Final Balance will be paid 2 days before the trip. Once you are in Cusco at our Office which can be done in US$ or soles (Local Currency!)
and if you want to send us a fast Booking form Copy and paste and send us filled out: Otherwise we can also send you an attached booking form.
Name of the tour:……………..Departure date(Back up dates):…………………Number of ppl in your Group………….
Group Size you want us to place you:
– Large Group Service: Group Size (04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum over 08 ppl 02 Guides) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Small Group Service: Group Size (02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum) No ( ) / Yes( )
– Private Service Upon Request No ( ) / Yes( )
Method of payment you have used. Transaction ID Number to confirm the trip:…………………………
Passenger # 01
Passport Name (first & family):
Passport Expiry Date:
Age (at time of starting the trek):
Gender: Male / Female
Student with ISIC card: No / Yes. Send us a scanned copy of ISIC
Vegetarian / special diet meals required: No / Yes (if yes please give details)
Sleeping bag rental for the 4 day trek US$30: No ( ) / Yes( )
Walking Poles(02) / US$20: No / Yes
Day pack to carry Personal Items / US$10: No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgraded Vistadome Train (Large Window Train) at Between 2:30pm – 15:48pm US$60: No ( ) / Yes( )
Inca Trail / Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$80/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Alternative treks Huaynapicchu Mountain pass US$20 No ( ) / Yes( )
Full Porter to carry (Full) 12kg of personal Stuff US$150 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefings(Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (Half) to carry 6kg of personal Stuff US$75 Entire Trip We will Provide you a Duffel Bag at the time of your briefing (Orientation) / No ( ) / Yes( )
Personal Porter (to carry Sleeping Bag and Pad) 4kg of personal Stuff US$50 Entire Trip / No ( ) / Yes( )
Extra Night at Aguas Calientes Town US$30 per person(breakfast included/No ( ) / Yes( )
Quechuas Guesthouse Before or After the Tour/Trek US$30 per person(breakfast included/ No ( ) / Yes( )
Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person(Alternative Treks only) No ( ) / Yes( )